2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Make that a 2014. 80k miles, 25k dollars. Looks like new. Sweet ride I'm considering. Assuming it has been taken care of, what are the odds of it making it to 200k without breaking the expensive things. I know nothing about this engine and transmission. Thanks.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
The main concern is the emissions equipment. If it had the most recent recall work done (i.e. a new DPF and CAT installed) the engine and tranny are very reliable. I would drain and replace the transmission fluid to be safe.

alaszka

TDI
2002 1.9 GOLF
how do you like it? I just got one with 67,000 and do hope to get it to 200k. My wife loves the interior, I find the suspension and breaks a bit racy(stiff and grisp) but hey, it is a Porsche.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I presume you've researched the Cayenne and it's TDI siblings (Q7 & Touareg) and have a sense of what you would consider the "expensive things." Even standard maintenance such as oil changes (8qts), tire wear and replacement, brakes, and on and on, result in costs in a different league to any of the vehicles in your sig. They are not cheap to own but as long as you know that going in they are solid, nice vehicles.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
And FWIW, the Touareg's are about 1/3 to 1/2 the prices. Basically the same vehicle with different trims and gizmos.

Buy a Touareg, slap a Porsche emblem on it, save $18,000, and be happy.

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
Some of the shared parts are actually cheaper with the Porsche emblem on them. I'm not entirely sure why, unless the demand is higher for the Audi version. The example that comes to mind are the brake calipers.