2013 JSW TDi 6sp - Clutch to floor

MultiVAC

TDI
2013 - JSW TDI , 6spd
Hello,

Just looking for sanity check. I've got a 2013 JSW TDi 6spd, with stage 2 tunezilla, dpf/egr delete, CP3. About 10k mi on the delete, 115k mi total.

Drove home from work normally Friday night, but this morning as I was getting ready to start it, the clutch went the floor with no resistance. The reservoir was about at the minimum so I added DOT4 and tried bleeding with no effect. I'm thinking either my master, slave, or clutch wear is the result of my woes. Prior to this, with the tune, my clutch would slip under WOT at ~2000rpm in 5th and 6th. I avoided the slipping for the most part, as it's just the daily, but I'm thinking this could be indicative of a worn out clutch anyway. I'm just surprised at such a sudden failure if it was clutch wear alone.

So I reckon that a new clutch, slave and master is in the cards... maybe as I get it apart I could find the master is leaking out and delay doing the whole clutch?

As far as clutch kits go, I've read on here to stay clear of single mass, but maybe the relatively new SRE DMF kit from darkside - Darkside Sachs Kit - is the way to go? I don't mind a bit more clutch force personally, especially if it better matches my power now.

Also thinking if I'm already there, ought to do the RMS as well.

Ouch, about to blow the wad.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
OK, first things first. Recommend you do a proper brake system bleed.
This means change out all the fluid under pressure, and exercising the ABS pump (maybe a few times).
You'll need VCDS to do the ABS routine.
This is your cheapest, simplest and IMO smartest 1st move.