2013 Golf wagon Not even a month old

foaoj

TDI
2004 Jetta 5MT SE, 2013 Golf SW HL 6MT
I haven't had it for a month and the front passenger window frame is bubbling.
Has anyone had this happen on such a new vehicle.
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

Vinni

TDI
2013 JSW TDi 6M Pano White/Cornsilk
What in the world?!! Good thing it's not body sheet metal.

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
yup, something was not right with that piece before it was finished, weather it be already rusted, a missed area of primer or other agent that the finish sticks to, etc.

Doesn't apply so much to this type of problem as it is a bit different, but a lot of these my car is only __ old and ___ already is broken rants are mildly amusing. When stuff fails right off the bat, it doesn't mean the car is a total POS. With the many thousands of individual parts on something like a car, the time that is most likely for a bad part to fail is very soon after it is put in service. It would concern me far less that a new car is in the shop days after taking it home then it would to suddenly have a string of things going out a few years down the road.:D

WindsorFox

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Yes sir a little hard to tell but that looks like rust under paint. Havn't seen anything like that on my 2012.

joec173000

TDI
JSW 2010
well I have the same problem with my 2010 JSW. Both the dealer and VW Canada are saying that it is not under warranty since it is not a body panel. Apparently the user manual says that only body panels (not trims) are covered by the 12 year warranty. Here you go VW, protect all your vehicles except trim parts so they will look like crap after three years...

Last edited:

foaoj

TDI
well I have the same problem with my 2010 JSW. Both the dealer and VW Canada are saying that it is not under warranty since it is not a body panel. Apparently the user manual says that only body panels (not trims) are covered by the 12 year warranty. Here you go VW, protect all your vehicles except trim parts so they will look like crap after three years...

That's unfortunate.
I took mine in Monday, after I showed the service adviser where the rust was I was told to have seat in customer area, the service manager needed to inspect the vehicle. after a 10 minute wait the manager came in and tried to tell me the same. he changed his mind when I said the vehicle was bought on April 16th.
They ordered the part and will call when it's in.

WindsorFox

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta

I do believe I'd be making some phone calls and doing some major b!tching....

foaoj

TDI
It is back!!!
It has been just over a year since the dealer replaced the window frame black trim (see first post).
It is starting to bubble again along with the one on the back door.

Back to the dealer to see what they going to do.

WagenFan

TDI
2013 JSW TDI Black/Black DSG w/ pano
Same issue. Having it looked at tomorrow
They are replacing the panel under warranty. The warranty person said she had to change the language on the repair to something like "discoloration of window sill", because rust on the sill and not a body panel isn't a covered repair. She believes that using an automatic car wash could be the culprit, which seems ridiculous that that piece would be so easily damaged.

akafirestorm

TDI
JSW 2011
That's BS

They are replacing the panel under warranty. The warranty person said she had to change the language on the repair to something like "discoloration of window sill", because rust on the sill and not a body panel isn't a covered repair. She believes that using an automatic car wash could be the culprit, which seems ridiculous that that piece would be so easily damaged.
She's full of it!!!! I've used automatic car washes at least 20 times a year (busy road warrior at one time) since I bought my JSW in the fall of 2010 and my panels still look like new!!

WagenFan

TDI
2013 JSW TDI Black/Black DSG w/ pano
She's full of it!!!! I've used automatic car washes at least 20 times a year (busy road warrior at one time) since I bought my JSW in the fall of 2010 and my panels still look like new!!
Yup, but she quickly agreed to cover it, so I wasn't going "talk past the sell" so-to-speak after I got the "Yes" I wanted