2012 TDI Jetta Sedan DSG tune Malone S2, Rawtek, CP3 etc. Oly Washington. $7250 OBO to a good home

Connly33

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Reasons for selling - Unfortunately selling my TDI after a few years of reliable service, my commute has changed from 100-400 miles per day down to 9 miles per day, and have purchased a corolla hybrid to accommodate my driving habit change, a very hard decision because I absolutely love the Jetta and have put a lot of work into it.

Specs :
White 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI automatic DSG with premium options. Fender audio system (upgraded to OE android auto, detailed below), Heated "leather" seats (Driver seat has severe wear, will be in pictures) and sunroof, added ECS tuning heated blind spot free mirrors. Has Frost Heater coolant heater installed, plug is inside the front grill.
Miles: 119, 821

History: Picked it up at 71K miles, spent time in southern California and Idaho, was completely stock and had the emissions fix done shortly before I purchased it here in Washington about 2019. Had been maintained well by previous owners. Windshield has been replaced at least once.

Modifications: Modifications I have done.
100K miles:
Exhaust - Rawtek downpipe with high flow cat midpipe, retained factory muffler, to me this keeps the ideal sound, good turbo and engine noise without being obnoxious. Intake EGR valve was replaced with Darkside developments race pipe. Installed Frost Heater coolant heater at the same time

Software / Tune: To accompany the physical modifications I went with the Malone Stage 2 ECU tune, along with the Malone DSG tune. The ECU tuner as well as the stock and modified tune files I have will be included with the car. The DSG tune was done with the flashing tool you rent from Malone.

Fuel System: At 109K miles CP3 high pressure fuel pump retrofit. Used the Whitebread performance mounting plate / hardware, timing sprocket adapter, replacement plugs etc to replace the original CP4 with a remanufactured Bosh CP3 I picked up from the UK. This retrofit has worked flawlessly since install, it has been really nice not having to worry about a grenading pump destroying the rest of the fuel system.
- Additionally I have removed the secondary AUX electric fuel pump that is in the engine bay, the CP4 required this, but it hinders and causes pressure fluctuations with the stock CP3 pumps because they are not designed for the 30+PSI of pressure the AUX pump tries to supply it with, so I just removed it durring install to prevent this, the in tank lift pump is retained of course so it is easy to blead the system with VCDS still.
- Removed the stock fuel filter housing entirely and replaced it with the Nicktane fuel filter kit, currently takes the Nicktane 1 micron fuel filters, or the Cim-Tek 1 micron filters found here. As far as I'm concerned he uses unbranded Cim-Tek filters as much as he argues this is not true.
You can buy the adapter from his website and run 2 Micron CAT filters with this filter head too, this is what most people like to do.

Stereo: The only thing I've done to the stereo is replace the stock head unit with one of the VW RCD 330 "noname" units flashed with custom firmware so it has full functioning Android auto and Apple carplay functionality. No wiring modifications since it was all plug and play.

Maintenance:
Oil changes - Always done on time or early since I have owned the car, prior to emissions modifications I ran the VW spec liqui moly oil for DPF longevity, afterwards I ran Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic. That has not been available so it has Amsoil signature series Diesel 5W30 in it right now with 8,000 miles left before it needs to be changed again.

Coolant - Changed twice since I've owned it, currently has the VW Pentifrost coolant in it. Last changed during frost heater install at 100K. Thermostat also swapped at the same time (an absolute pita job)

DSG service - I have swapped the DSG fluid and filter every 30K miles since owning it, using the liqui-moly fluid. Filled using the bottom fill method and temp checked via VCSD to ensure proper fluid level. Last done at 107K miles. Dual mass flywheel has not yet been replaced, and feel that should be mentioned as they do typically need to be replaced sometime after 100K miles.

Timing Belt - Done at 109K miles at the same time as the CP3, used the kit from IDparts.com. Contitech belt, full metal water pump, new tensioner, bolts etc. Swapped out the serpentine belt at the same time, along with serpentine belt tensioner pully, and overrun alternator pully.

Breaks - Just did rear breaks about 1K miles ago, swapped pads and lubricated pins etc. Disks were still well within tolerance. Front brakes still have quite a bit of life left on them. Currently no break squeaks or noises. Completely flushed break fluid at 100K miles and replaced with Bosch ESI6 extended life brake fluid.

Tires - Have not replaced them since purchasing the vehicle, they have a little life left in them.

Sensors - Main EGT sensor replaced at 103K miles.

Misc - Rebuilt and replaced boots on passenger side CV axle when I found a torn boot at about 109k miles, have ran Stanadyne performance diesel additive most of its life, religiously when it still had the CP4, now about every 3rd tank since it has the CP3 conversion. Headlight bulbs have been swapped out with LED replacements. Trunk light swapped out with LED replacement. Ceramic coated the paint about a year and a half ago. Has factory spare tire, tools, and wheel lock tool included still. Comes with VW windshield sun cover, and all weather floor mats (Driver side mat does not fit perfect since it came from a golf) Fuel filter changed last when I did the CP3 swap, the Cim-Tek filters have a much longer service life than OEM as long as you trust your fuel source.

Comes with 2 original key fobs, one is missing the VW logo. Both have new batteries and work well.

Condition Issues: I want to disclose any possible issues with the condition of the car, I tried to include any issues in pictures which I will post / link below.

Interior - Generally in good condition, but things to note are the drivers seat is deffinitly warn. No other seats have any tears / rips etc.
Driver side door window control panel, around the edges there are some pry marks that I caused when changing the switches out. HVAC controls, the trim panel around the controls does not sit 100% flush, there is a small gap around the knobs. Not something I would consider an issue. 12V sockets are missing their covers, can be easily replaced.

Exterior - Normal wear for this mileage / age. Some rock chips, front of hood does have several long scratches that don't go deeper than the base coat, hopefully show up in pictures. Driver side door jam. Previous owner dragged their feet when entering vehicle, wore paint away in small area in jam, only visible with door open, could probably be fixed pretty easy. Rear trunk lid - Has rubber plug in top, this was from a previously installed antenna, the plug is waterproof, or can be removed if you wish to install a ham radio / police scanner antenna etc later on. The hole is a standard NMO mount size. As mentioned previously the windshield has been replaced at least once.

Clean title, nothing funky going on there. All VW recall work has already been done in terms of safety.

If interested:
Send me a message with any info you want, I work nights so I may take some time to respond or reply at odd hours.

Pictures:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA5J6p Let me know if you want pictures of anything else

Last edited:

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
if only you were in Texas....good luck with sale

Connly33

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
if only you were in Texas....good luck with sale
Definitely appreciate it. I'm trying to sell it to somone willing and able to take care of it instead of trying to dump it on somone that doesn't know what they are getting into with TDIs, so I'm a bit hesitant to put it on FB marketplace or the likes. Too bad the forums are not as active as they once were.

Ludicrous Speed TDI CUP

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Cup, 06 Jetta TDI
Looking for another TDI.... Might be something the wife can drive.
We will have to work out the logistics... May have to fly out and drive it back.
my email is UR50SLO@aol.com
we currently have 3 TDI's including at 2010 Cup Edition which is Malone tuned and deleted on B20.
Thanks!
Scott