2011 Jetta tdi

TNTTDIJETTA

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hello everyone. After looking at the total combined price to delete my 11 Jetta TDI or to replace the clogged dpf filter I’m wondering if there’s an inexpensive way to clean it? Or maybe run a long drill bit through the dpf filter to in gum it a bit or hollow it out or make some new passages. I just purchased this car for $6000 with 115,000 on it and I can’t believe I have to spend around 1500 to delete it or twice that much to replace it. I can afford neither honestly at this point and it’s my only vehicle.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
Welcome to the world of fuel saving TDIs.:eek:
No seriously, first check if there is an extended warranty on the car.
I know that overseas, shops can clean them, so it's possible to clean them with the right technique/equipment.
Drilling through is probably not a good idea, the whole exhaust will get hot during regen, not sure if harmful.
As a side note, i saw some folks selling DPFs on this forum, you might get lucky.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
TNTTDIJETTA, are you sure your car isn't still covered by the emissions warranty? I'd check that first.

The Liqui-Moly cleaner is designed for DPFs that allow the cleaner to flow from front to back. VW's DPFs don't really work that way. Folks have had some success with the cleaner by removing the DPF and running the cleaner through it using the entry and exit, not the EGT ports.

You can't defeat the DPF without having the car tuned. It will over-fuel, smoke, stink, and throw codes.

VWTDIMatei

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
is there anyway to bypass the DPF. I feel like there's only one manufacturer of the delete pipe, Rawtek and it's quite expensive.

I got my tdi with 56k miles drove it until 80k then had the dealer replace the DPF under emissions warranty due to my car being salvaged and has no warranty. So I'm currently getting DPF codes right now at 106k miles damn thing didn't even last.

Please help I need a cost effective way to delete this damn DPF, I have no problem paying for a tune but the exhaust damn I need some optoins.