2010 TDI Drivers: Bluetooth question (Info request!)

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Thanks for the feedback!!

Ok will do that.
I checked in my phone and has the profile that will sync phone book. checked with what believe is 9w3 rcd 510 - my phone is compatible which is the verizon voyager.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Drove for about 30 minutes with the phone paired with the car. I was able to make a "manual" phone call. Push the button "dial number" blah blah. Which worked. But there wasnt any phone book in the system. nor was there a menu option on the MFD

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
ok then Maybe what needs to be done is get with someone that has a VAG-COM and see maybe it is the code thing. I did notice on the display there was a "bt audio" option in the Media menu on the stereo

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Unfortunatley the BT audio option will do you no good if you have the sedan.. The 9W3 module supports a bunch of cool features, however A2DP (BT Audio streaming) is not one of them.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I have all the "vocal commands" and when I bought it there was an option in the MFD "Phone - No Phone Paired" then on monday last week I paired the phone. I was able to scroll down the phone book on my MFD but when I came back out of work it was gone.
Playing around through the week I stored a couple phone numbers in the phone book.

From what I believe is correct if not please correct
I have the RCD-510 - premium 8 audio - 9w3
here I attached picture to show what I mean with the BT Audio which is in the top corner. Now I am not interested in setting it up LOL

Last edited:

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Yes. The radio has the option, however if you have the same BT module that most other 2010 TDI Sedans have, the BT module in your car does not support streaming BT audio. The option is available in the radio for those cars that have the proper BT module to stream audio.

The 9W2 option does support BT audio, but does not support MFD display nor voice commands. The BT audio option can be switched off on the radio by pressing "Setup" and in that menu or one of it's sub menues you can uncheck BT Audio so it does not show up as an option.

Starbucker

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan DSG
balkor2 said:
I have all the "vocal commands" and when I bought it there was an option in the MFD "Phone - No Phone Paired" then on monday last week I paired the phone. I was able to scroll down the phone book on my MFD but when I came back out of work it was gone.
Playing around through the week I stored a couple phone numbers in the phone book.

From what I believe is correct if not please correct
I have the RCD-510 - premium 8 audio - 9w3
here I attached picture to show what I mean with the BT Audio which is in the top corner. Now I am not interested in setting it up LOL

You should find someone in your local area with VAGCOM and check what actual part number you have in module 77. That should clarify your situation. If you have the 1Z0 035 729 part number series, you should be able to code it to get your phone information in the MFI (on the dash, not the radio). Also, make sure you don't have multiple BT phones near the car when you are attempting to pair, I've had trouble establishing the initial link when the car sees different devices, or another device that it has paired with in the past and then won't see the new one. Good luck, please report what you find out.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Ok here we go
I had gotten the phone to pair with the car fine many times. Right after the first pairing the phone book shown in the dash but then went away the next day. Accessing the phone book through verbal commands were failure had to use manual dial blah blah blah blah.
Next found I have the "C" bluetooth module via VAG-COM.
Right after finding which bluetooth I had, it malfunctioned and was non-accessible. and did not respond to pushing the buttons nor did it show when trying to pair.
Took the car to the dealer and they got it to "Work". meaning the tech was able to pair his/her phone to the car only and it did not show the phone book on the dash.
After explaining this to the tech and manager they stated they would contact VW and see from there. 30 minutes later (total time there 2.5 hours) the manager came back and said that they were replacing the module and it would 3-5 days to get the part per VW

Starbucker

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan DSG
balkor2 said:
Ok here we go
I had gotten the phone to pair with the car fine many times. Right after the first pairing the phone book shown in the dash but then went away the next day. Accessing the phone book through verbal commands were failure had to use manual dial blah blah blah blah.
Next found I have the "C" bluetooth module via VAG-COM.
Right after finding which bluetooth I had, it malfunctioned and was non-accessible. and did not respond to pushing the buttons nor did it show when trying to pair.
Took the car to the dealer and they got it to "Work". meaning the tech was able to pair his/her phone to the car only and it did not show the phone book on the dash.
After explaining this to the tech and manager they stated they would contact VW and see from there. 30 minutes later (total time there 2.5 hours) the manager came back and said that they were replacing the module and it would 3-5 days to get the part per VW
FYI: Replacing the module will not, in itself, provide the data on the MFI. The Dealer will also have to recode Module 77 (Telephone) to the data listed in this thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=260897

If the dealer give you any flack, print out the thread and bring it. Users have recently been posting that the dealers are now doing the flash. Good luck.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Yea I am expecting them to give me some flack. But if you heard the female in my dash talking to me you would think she was chewbacca from star wars

Starbucker said:
FYI: Replacing the module will not, in itself, provide the data on the MFI. The Dealer will also have to recode Module 77 (Telephone) to the data listed in this thread:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=260897

If the dealer give you any flack, print out the thread and bring it. Users have recently been posting that the dealers are now doing the flash. Good luck.

dslgolf

TDI
golf TDI 2010
hi
i am new to the forum although i have been going through the posts for quite some time. its been very informative and helpful....great forum

i bought a 2010 golf dsg tdi with navi and was disappointed with the limited bluetooth function ....otherwise a great car. feel cheated by vw for the false advertisement .
so this is what i did..
switched the (standard) module 1k8 035 730 c

with

1Z0-035-729-E (manufactured by harman/becker germany...at the dealership

Result == voice dialing enabled , phonebook uploads etc. works great :D

Problem == no phonebook on mfd and the paddle shifters have gone dead
:confused: :mad: although i can floorshift gears both manual and auto.

has anyone else had a similar issue? is this a coding issue?
the tech at the dealer had a hard time figuring out the codes.
going to the dealership tomorrow... again. hope they sorted it out.

Last edited:

Starbucker

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan DSG
dslgolf said:
hi
i am new to the forum although i have been going through the posts for quite some time. its been very informative and helpful....great forum

i bought a 2010 golf dsg tdi with navi and was disappointed with the limited bluetooth function ....otherwise a great car. feel cheated by vw for the false advertisement .
so this is what i did..

with

1Z0--35-729-E (manufactured by harman/becker germany...at the dealership

Please post back what you figure out since there is not much information on the coding for that particular module that I have seen. WTH??? did you say PADDLE SHIFTERS!!! Wish I had those!!!

sabersix

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
dslgolf said:
hi

so this is what i did..

with

1Z0--35-729-E (manufactured by harman/becker germany...at the dealership

I just did this swap on my 2010 JSW. It is a bit different, but I'd say that your phone module (77) is coded correctly. Did you take a look at the coding on the steering wheel module (16)? I had to change that module coding as well.

dslgolf

TDI
golf TDI 2010
sabersix said:
I just did this swap on my 2010 JSW. It is a bit different, but I'd say that your phone module (77) is coded correctly. Did you take a look at the coding on the steering wheel module (16)? I had to change that module coding as well.
i am yet to go to the dealer and i dont have any way to look at the coding, but will ask the tech to do so. but is your bluetooth pairing light over head with the three phone/bluetooth function buttons still functional?...after the swap..?
does it blink anymore and turns green ? , while the bluetooth scans for possible connections? as it was before the swap.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
AutoMagically mine started to all work. Button on steering wheel, Phonebook in the MFD, etc BUT it wont pair and her voice is absolutely HORRIBLE like she's on Meth and underwater.
Dealer is suppose to call any day now for the new module

dslgolf

TDI
golf TDI 2010
Finally !!!! Everything Works !!! ..was a "simple" coding issue (now i can call it simple). the coding in vcds #77(telephone) and 16(steering wheel) were incorrect.
So the entire fix that worked for me....

-2010 golf tdi / dsg / navi-rns510 / xenons etc.

-- replaced the std bluetooth module - 1k8 035 730c
replaced it with module - 1Z0-035-729-E
-- the coding that worked to enable the phonebook on the MFD--(0010477) this is for vcds address#77(telephone)

--steering wheel coding , vcds address #16(steering wheel) -- (1832)

thanks for the feedback sabersix and hope this post helps starbucker.

the time spent to figure this out - 3 days
time spent on the floor at the dealer - 3 hrs
actual time i think it would take if all goes well - under 30 minutes
vw could make things easier .

dslgolf

TDI
golf TDI 2010
now wondering if it was possible to make the three overhead phone buttons and the associated pairing light functional....or is it asking for too much

tuck

TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
I just got a 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan last week. I have a Droid. They pair up and the voice activation works. The Droid notified me that the Volkswagen wanted to download the Address Book. I accepted. Unfortunately, I don't have the MFI Phone menu so I cannot access the phonebook. The voice activation phone book doesn't have any of the numbers and I have to add these manually.

I just got back from my dealer and I asked them to enter the code. They refused and said the Phone menu on the MFI is only available on the CC & Passat. They gave me a technical service bulletin with a Transaction no of 2021523/3 dated 12/9/09.

They did verify that I have the Bluetooth UHV High (9W3).

Edit: My dealer says they will fix my issue. I bring my car in next Wednesday. This makes me happy.

Last edited:

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta, 2013 JSW, 2015 PASSAT SEL
tuck said:
I just got a 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan last week. I have a Droid. They pair up and the voice activation works. The Droid notified me that the Volkswagen wanted to download the Address Book. I accepted. Unfortunately, I don't have the MFI Phone menu so I cannot access the phonebook. The voice activation phone book doesn't have any of the numbers and I have to add these manually.

I just got back from my dealer and I asked them to enter the code. They refused and said the Phone menu on the MFI is only available on the CC & Passat. They gave me a technical service bulletin with a Transaction no of 2021523/3 dated 12/9/09.

They did verify that I have the Bluetooth UHV High (9W3).

Edit: My dealer says they will fix my issue. I bring my car in next Wednesday. This makes me happy.
I just got back from the dealer here in Panama City. I had my 10k service done and asked about the bluetooth issue. They did a little research and told me it is not something they are allowed to do. I am going to continue pursuing it though. What Pcola dealer are you using. I am eager to hear how it works out for you.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
My issue has not been resolved.
Have corresponded with dealer and they are replacing the module in mine but said there is a national wait for the product from Germany

jryanvt

TDI
2010 jetta
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I noticed it was still sort of active and once upon with the help of dzcad90 and this thread I was able to get the bluetooth options to show up on my 2010 Jetta TDI's MFD. For anyone who has been successful with the coding, are you able to scroll through your call history on the MFD and then call one of those numbers? Whenever I try it, the call tries to go through for a couple seconds and then ends. Also, on the MFD, when it is set to display the radio's info (artist, song, etc.), does your info scroll horizontally or does it just cut some of the info off? Thanks and good luck to the 2010 owners in getting your dealers to budge on recoding the bluetooth.

tuck

TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
mirage2521 said:
I just got back from the dealer here in Panama City. I had my 10k service done and asked about the bluetooth issue. They did a little research and told me it is not something they are allowed to do. I am going to continue pursuing it though. What Pcola dealer are you using. I am eager to hear how it works out for you.
Pete Moore Imports. I've been working with the Service Manager, Rich Lord. They did not update my BT today because his guy with the VAG-COM was not in today, so I rescheduled for tomorrow.

Before you bring it all the way over, I'd verify that you have the 9W3 Bluetooth in your vehicle. It's my understanding that the 9W2 does not have this option.

Last edited:

tuck

TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
They were able to fix my BT today. Mirage, he said call over there if you are interested in doing it. He said now that they know how to do this, they'll be happy to do it for anyone that needs it.

tuck

TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
Yep. They told me a customer with VAG-COM showed them how to do it. At first their position was that the Jetta does not support the functionality and gave me a Tech document basically stating that it was only supported on the CC & the Passat. At the time, I tried to give them a print-out of the Bluetooth FAQ in the other forum but they refused to even try the instructions in it.

So I'm glad they had a change of heart. It's nice being able to see who is calling and having access to my address book.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
dslgolf said:
Finally !!!! Everything Works !!! ..was a "simple" coding issue (now i can call it simple). the coding in vcds #77(telephone) and 16(steering wheel) were incorrect.
So the entire fix that worked for me....

-- replaced the std bluetooth module - 1k8 035 730c
replaced it with module - 1Z0-035-729-E
-- the coding that worked to enable the phonebook on the MFD--(0010477) this is for vcds address#77(telephone)

--steering wheel coding , vcds address #16(steering wheel) -- (1832)

thanks for the feedback sabersix and hope this post helps starbucker.

the time spent to figure this out - 3 days
time spent on the floor at the dealer - 3 hrs
actual time i think it would take if all goes well - under 30 minutes
vw could make things easier .
We will see if issue resolved as in started the MFD was fine. sync'd phone and then next time in car it all malfunctioned and nothing paired.
Took to dealer. they all said it was fine and blah blah blah. I came out to car and pointed out No MFD, no pair and blah blah blah which it all jacked up while tech was there.
They ordered new part and over a month later (yesterday) it came in.
Now they replaced my "C" module with the "1Z0 035 729 E" module.
Now DSLGOLF entered the one for the MFD
What does the steering wheel code do? the Phone button or the magic wand? It use to be with the Magic Wand I hit it and I give the command which does not happen but when I get a call in I hit the phone button and it answers.

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Well I did the plunge with a borrowed VAG-ROM.
Entered the code from here under #77

restarted the car and it did nothing, so I remembered someone else put in

restarted the car waited for the phone to sync and OMG! there is the phone menu telling me it is updating..WOOHOO
Now for the second part is the magic wand ...
I pushed it (where before sounded like she was on meth and underwater)
and there she is :) sounding nice and normal.....

The thing now is to start saving my phone book entries in it

yellajacket20

TDI
Jetta
I was able to get this code change to work in my 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan as well. It makes things significantly easier. However, my phone will loose its connection often. Whether it's during a call or not, the connection will drop and the phone menu will say "No paired phone found." I have to cycle the bluetooth in order to reconnect it.

Is anyone else having these problems? Is it more likely that it is my phone?

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
That is what mine did in the very beginning and then one day it would not pair at all. the magic wand would sound like a women on meth and underwater.