2009 Tdi

Grisik

TDI
2006 Jetta
Champion VW in Florence KY had a few TDIs in stock. They called me the other day and I turned them down since I am getting 45 mpg in my 06 DSG. They are good to deal with and selling at MSRP. I dealt with Jamie Hanlon and he was upfront and fair.

BrianRVT

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Sold the '06 yesterday, and picked up a new '09 shortly there after.

My observations so far :

- Internior is slightly "de-contented" compared to my '06.
- Only 1 12v plug now
- No lid above "ash tray" area by shifter.
- Steering wheel leather is different (might be the switch from Art Gray to Black)
- Door handles feel lighter (might just be in my head)
- Volk-L bluetooth system is very disappointing feature wise. Not worth the money (I hope to switch the module out with a Skoda unit sometime down the road.) Only way to place a call is to use your cell phone?!? Thats not hands free VW! Sounds quality is very good. Im just be spoiled by the wife's Focus' SYNC system.

+ The engine, the engine, the engine (This isn't a diesel, it has to be V6!)
+ The 6 speed manual tranny is buttery smooth. Wow. Pulls softly off idle.
+ 68mph 2000rpm 6th gear. Been wanting that for a long time on the '06, hell in any 5 speed TDI.
+ Laser Blue, gotta love it
+ Did I mention the engine?
+ No maintenance for 3 years.
+ $1300 tax credit!

Paid MSRP at King's Volkswagen in Cincinnati. Financing took forever, but was given a $25 target giftcard for waiting so long! The have CCs on the lot now too. Very nice.

Here a pic before she got cleaned up

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I, too, paid MSRP. I do not know why anyone would pay more than MSRP. In fact, this is the FIRST vehicle I did not try to haggle over or bring down the price on...the trade-in and fog lights were different...

Nice color though.

Mrstacy

TDI
2009 loyal laser blue sedan
I have 12 v plug under stereo and another household style plug under the backseat AC vent. We both have the same color car. It is nice.

Capt. Common Rail

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI. DSG turned in ,2014 Passat Tdi se,2015 golf sel dsg
Congrads and good luck with your new TDI, thats a nice looking car! I also traded my 06 Jetta TDI for a 09 Jetta TDI.

Otto

06 Jetta TDI DSG 67k sold
09 Jetta TDI DSG 3k

einstem

TDI
TDI on order
Picking-Up my TDI Today

Picking-Up my TDI Today.

Platinum Grey Metalic
Antracite Interior
DSG
Sunroof
Rubber Mats/Trunk Liner /Splash Guard
Adding the side door moldings (black) to protect my new baby from evil door dings in parking lots, and they looked real nice on a GTI I saw, so I thought I would add them...

All at MSRP. I even got them to throw in the door moldings (installed) for free ($198 value) and to give me lifetime free state inspections/emissions for my Jetta and every car in my household for as long as I service my car with them (costs about $60/car per year, and since I know have 4 cars, this will save me $240/year!). I always find you can negotiate for cars, especially when you agree to hand them the check on the last day of the month when they are itching to close their numbers.

I drive 500 to 800 miles per week (much of it highway), so this should be a great commuter car for me.

Just wish price of Diesel would come down a bit more (I'm in PA), since it is running nearly $1 more per gallon then gas. I do see quite a bit of local variability in the Diesel prices, much more so then RUG, but it still is pricer then I would like and takes a bit out of the MPG savings I will get with the Diesel.

I test drove the Prius and Honda Civics, and they weren't even in the same league as the TDI. I want a car that is smart on the gas, but can be fun, fun, fun when I want it to be as well. Trunk on the TDI is also HUGE for a little car. Will swallow my son's Hockey Bag no problem. When I was a the dealer, for fun, I put all 3 of my kids in the trunk, and there was room for more (although I do NOT condone driving with kids in the trunk.... that would be bad parenting I am told...).

Michael

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
I've had my sedan for about a week now. I paid MSRP but was able to catch a small break on the fog lights (another hilly western NJ commuter here--will look for snow tires next).

The car had a problem with the alignment I noticed after a few days with her. The dealer fixed it while I waited so all is well again, for now.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
einstem said:
Picking-Up my TDI Today.

Platinum Grey Metalic
Antracite Interior
DSG
Sunroof
Rubber Mats/Trunk Liner /Splash Guard
Adding the side door moldings (black) to protect my new baby from evil door dings in parking lots, and they looked real nice on a GTI I saw, so I thought I would add them...

All at MSRP. I even got them to throw in the door moldings (installed) for free ($198 value) and to give me lifetime free state inspections/emissions for my Jetta and every car in my household for as long as I service my car with them (costs about $60/car per year, and since I know have 4 cars, this will save me $240/year!). I always find you can negotiate for cars, especially when you agree to hand them the check on the last day of the month when they are itching to close their numbers.

Michael
Michael.....I just had Frugality post some pics of the body moldings on my Platinum JSW on page 360 of the Sportwagen thread. I think they look nice and hopeful they will save some dings!

TDIMANtobe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW ordered (due12/08)
lrpavlo said:
Michael.....I just had Frugality post some pics of the body moldings on my Platinum JSW on page 360 of the Sportwagen thread. I think they look nice and hopeful they will save some dings!
Hey Frugality, what did it cost u to purchase and install the side moldings?

RUSHtheBUS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan. #13,500
bluengreen said:
Houston, we may have the end of a problem.

I have a VIN, a car being prepped for delivery and great disbelief that it may finally end the holding pattern... Photos after the actual delivery. With arrival - after 9 Months - what is the protocol?
Do I hand out Cigars?
We'll show ours off on the LIE!

bluengreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat, 2009 Jetta, had 1985
RUSHtheBUS said:
We'll show ours off on the LIE!
Yes, the hand of the almighty swept down from parted clouds to deliver a vehicle and the chorus sings, waters part and a Lazer Blue /Art Gray TDI rolls up the middle. It's driven by me wearing the proverbial SE grin.:D
Photos will follow but it looks very much like the one just several posts up, except for the wheels and sun roof. I have the standard wheels and no sun'er/moon'er (rather have the headroom fulltime than the sun view in fair weather).
Thanks to RUSH, and TWIGLESS in particular and everyone else here who provides the knowledge and customer support that VWOA doesn't.
The beastie has already had a wee taste of the LIE, but I expect it would fly well in formation with other TDI's, I'm looking forward to seeing 'em out there.:cool:

einstem

TDI
TDI on order
New Owner Report

Drove my new TDI Sedan around this weekend (about 150 miles), and so far am very happy. No real highway driving this weekend, and took it pretty easy so far, but enjoying the car.

Only questions/issues so far:

1) What is the deal with the totally cheap/crappy rear-view mirror. Looks like something out of my 1980 Chey Chevette. An ugly square thing with a manual day/night switch. Is there anything better that can be installed in here. It is the only truly butt-ugly piece in an otherwise very nice interior.

2) Need to look into something to put on the trunk lip to not scratch it loading/unloading gear (hockey bags for my son!) What is the part called "Clear Protective Foil" ?? What does it look like and what is it made of?

3) I am hearing a high-pitch noise for about 30 seconds when I turn off the car. Probably normal, but just curious.

4) Tires are at 35 psi. Anyone run the any higher to save a bit on gas, or is 35 psi normal/fine...

Otherwise, can't wait to get some highway miles under my belt this week.

Michael

RUSHtheBUS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan. #13,500
einstem said:
Drove my new TDI Sedan around this weekend (about 150 miles), and so far am very happy. No real highway driving this weekend, and took it pretty easy so far, but enjoying the car.

Only questions/issues so far:

1) What is the deal with the totally cheap/crappy rear-view mirror. Looks like something out of my 1980 Chey Chevette. An ugly square thing with a manual day/night switch. Is there anything better that can be installed in here. It is the only truly butt-ugly piece in an otherwise very nice interior.

2) Need to look into something to put on the trunk lip to not scratch it loading/unloading gear (hockey bags for my son!) What is the part called "Clear Protective Foil" ?? What does it look like and what is it made of?

3) I am hearing a high-pitch noise for about 30 seconds when I turn off the car. Probably normal, but just curious.

4) Tires are at 35 psi. Anyone run the any higher to save a bit on gas, or is 35 psi normal/fine...

Otherwise, can't wait to get some highway miles under my belt this week.

Michael
The high pitch noise is a pump.

No need to increase the PSI to save gas. You're doing all the gas saving no matter what you do-------you drive a diesel.:D

Welcome

desertman86

TDI
2009 SportWagen(oct)
bluengreen said:
Houston, we may have the end of a problem.

I have a VIN, a car being prepped for delivery and great disbelief that it may finally end the holding pattern... Photos after the actual delivery. With arrival - after 9 Months - what is the protocol?
Do I hand out Cigars?
I put a deposit down December 7,2007, a few months the salesman had to re-order the sportwagen and now the factory is ready to build this week and sends a notice its changing the color. Now I'm looking at othe dealers and other brands.

MatteoB

TDI
Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 TDI pd
Lovely cars am tempted to trade up but much as enjoy the TDI's (and a modern Diesel in general) economy and strong low down torque, the extra purcase price and the fact that Diesel is 20% more expensive than gas may make another Diesel hard to justify. May just run my current one into the ground!

dwf

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
My alignment is off too

motoblue said:
I've had my sedan for about a week now. I paid MSRP but was able to catch a small break on the fog lights (another hilly western NJ commuter here--will look for snow tires next).

The car had a problem with the alignment I noticed after a few days with her. The dealer fixed it while I waited so all is well again, for now.
Nice TDI motoblue, my red 09 TDI also has an alignment issue. Noticed the steering wheel off just a few degrees so I called to make sure my dealer is aware. It rolls without any drift or pull so I will wait until the first service to request the fix.

TDIMANtobe

Veteran Member
TDI
bluengreen said:
Yes, the hand of the almighty swept down from parted clouds to deliver a vehicle and the chorus sings, waters part and a Lazer Blue /Art Gray TDI rolls up the middle. It's driven by me wearing the proverbial SE grin.:D
Photos will follow but it looks very much like the one just several posts up, except for the wheels and sun roof. I have the standard wheels and no sun'er/moon'er (rather have the headroom fulltime than the sun view in fair weather).
Thanks to RUSH, and TWIGLESS in particular and everyone else here who provides the knowledge and customer support that VWOA doesn't.
The beastie has already had a wee taste of the LIE, but I expect it would fly well in formation with other TDI's, I'm looking forward to seeing 'em out there.:cool:
Until a fairer pic is available, this is the result of a few months wait, very well said.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
TDIMANtobe said:
Until a fairer pic is available, this is the result of a few months wait, very well said.
Beautiful car! Love the wheels and both colors!

jupiterwiz

TDI
2001 Sapphire Blue Jetta TDI, manual
Stuff on new JSW not working!

I picked up my beautiful white JSW last week, and the rear wiper isn't working, and neither is the trunk release hatch. Anyone else have problems? I saw the one about the allignment, and I've been keeping an eye on that too. It seemed to pull a bit to the right when I was on the highway.

barshnik

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE w/roof, nav
jupiterwiz said:
I picked up my beautiful white JSW last week, and the rear wiper isn't working, and neither is the trunk release hatch. Anyone else have problems? I saw the one about the allignment, and I've been keeping an eye on that too. It seemed to pull a bit to the right when I was on the highway.
My steering wheel is 1 or 2 degrees off, but can't detect any issues with the ride or steering, so will wait until in for other service.

John F

einstem

TDI
TDI on order
Small TDI Improvements Needed...

Loving my TDI so far, but need a few small improvements:

1) Better rear view mirror, preferably with auto day/night. Is there any way to swap the P*O*S one in my TDI with a better one through the dealer/parts dept?

2) Any way to set the headlights to turn off when I turn the car off, instead of just beeping at me... come on car, be smart... save your battery... some custom code available ??

3) Any options for fogs besides the outrageous cost the dealer wanted?

4) Side mirrors are a bit on the small side.. Nothing can probably be done for this, but just a comment

5) No drivers-side change bin, only the one in the center. I put a small cup in the map pocket in the drivers door to hold my change for now...

Otherwise, great car and awesome value. Have neary 200 miles on it so far, and the gas gauge is just down to 3/4 tank... wow !!! I would have been at 1/4 in my subaru...

Michael

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
einstem said:
Loving my TDI so far, but need a few small improvements:

1) Better rear view mirror, preferably with auto day/night. Is there any way to swap the P*O*S one in my TDI with a better one through the dealer/parts dept?

2) Any way to set the headlights to turn off when I turn the car off, instead of just beeping at me... come on car, be smart... save your battery... some custom code available ??

3) Any options for fogs besides the outrageous cost the dealer wanted?

4) Side mirrors are a bit on the small side.. Nothing can probably be done for this, but just a comment

5) No drivers-side change bin, only the one in the center. I put a small cup in the map pocket in the drivers door to hold my change for now...

Otherwise, great car and awesome value. Have neary 200 miles on it so far, and the gas gauge is just down to 3/4 tank... wow !!! I would have been at 1/4 in my subaru...

Michael
Not sure about 1 or 2. I'm sure there are auto mirrors available that I haven't seen yet. The lights may be programmable thru vag-com
3. about half way down the page HERE
4. Mirrors
5. Dash Cubby

options from other vendor can be found. I've dealt with ECS tuning as well as parts4vw.com. both are very good/trusted shops

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
I got a call from the dealer that has my deposit. The exact vehicle we specified just arrived. Had to pass 'cause I haven't sold my current ride.

Dammit all!

TDIMANtobe

Veteran Member
TDI
Trbogolf said:
Not sure about 1 or 2. I'm sure there are auto mirrors available that I haven't seen yet. The lights may be programmable thru vag-com
3. about half way down the page HERE
4. Mirrors
5. Dash Cubby

options from other vendor can be found. I've dealt with ECS tuning as well as parts4vw.com. both are very good/trusted shops
Can u please pm me some info about vag-com, as I think this is the only way I can program my keyfob.

Thanks