2009 Tdi

tdisedanman

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 2005 Passat, TDI and ex 2005.5 Jetta TDI
RUSHtheBUS said:
Here's a video of my MFD in instant mode taken on 9/15/08 at 05:30 am. Windows closed, no ac, level road, dsg, Shell fuel with Startron additive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rk1edfHQyg
I think your mileage is going to average just about what the 05.5 TDI does with the 1.9 and DSG. I travel everyday, combined driving , use the A/C and do at least 70 70 MPG unless traffic does the slow , speed, up stop , start thing on I95. I am still evarging about 40. This monring, with two people, I managed to get an average of 46.5 MPG, until I got off the hwy. I was doing 60-65 and not having to break much due to light traffic.

I don't think doiung 60 with the windows rolled up and no AC is a good indication of real world milage. Also, you video shows the instant MPG mode rather than the accumulated mode. My instant mode shows crazy mileage also. It will be interesting to see how they perform in as they accumulate some mileage. No matter what, the MPG is going to be decent by todays standards. A great car. Enjoy!

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
Instant Mileage

No offense but I can get my 08 MINI Cooper S to show instant mileage of no less than 40 for a long period of time BUT real world mileage will be around 32 MPG on its best day burning premium gasoline.

Nothing better than a good ole pencil, paper and trip odometer. Thats real world! :D

redtdi966

Veteran Member
TDI
09 B-graphite sedan 6-sp (Bridgewater- NJ)
low end start torque way different than my 96 passat TDI

-- I must say that the 09 is very different than my 96 TDI passat relating to the manual tranny and start-out torque. When starting out in first, my 96 passat tdi is like a tractor, you could litterly pop the clutch and not stall engine. The 09 does not have the neck snapping torque when you first start moving in first gear. You need to think about letting the clutch out or you can stall the engine. Id say the there is still much more start-torque than a gasser. I'm thinking that this absense of start-torque is related to VW making the 09 so quiet at idle, maybe some sort of detune (just a wild guess). AS I mentioned I think that "VW took the diesel out of the diesel" on the 09 and I love it so far. My 96 was very teutonic compared to the 09, but lucky for us time does not stand still.

-- I'll be VERY disapointed if I don't see at least 50 MPG on my daily commute. My 96 got a boring 49 MPG at fillups, with my 70 mile daily interstate commute.

-- Satelite radio....um , those xastards, in 6-months I think that I'll be trained.

-- again thanks Chris (VW of L PA)for the great deal and buying experience.

-- I'm outta here for while over and out!

dwf

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
Shooter007 said:
No offense but I can get my 08 MINI Cooper S to show instant mileage of no less than 40 for a long period of time BUT real world mileage will be around 32 MPG on its best day burning premium gasoline.

Nothing better than a good ole pencil, paper and trip odometer. Thats real world! :D
I checked my 09 TDI mpg and the computer was spot on. I would guess that as the tires wear a bit the computer will be off a little.

EchoHotel

TDI
09 Jetta Sedan Platinum gray delivered 9-17-08
First tank mpg

Took delivery of my 09 TDi non-loyal with DSG on Wed. Put about 280
miles of freeway driving on it yesterday with cruise set at 70.
According to MFD I was getting 40.5 mpg average with A/C on and
44.5 mpg average with A/C off. Both averages were for 140 cummulative
miles in each mode. Nice for starters. Haven't been able to compare
MFD vs filling the tank since I haven't filled the tank! At one point
I had gone 165 miles and the MFD indicated I had another 420 miles
left in the tank!

Mrstacy

TDI
2009 loyal laser blue sedan
Congratulations Echohotel. I've had mine for about a month and can't stop driving it like a sports car. I'm getting only 24 to 26 all around, but I'm smiling ear to ear doing it. I upgraded to 17 inch wheels for increased traction and performance. A big difference. The 16s were too easy to loose grip.

EEGeek

TDI
None yet - possibly JSW in 2009
donfromnaples said:
Make sure it is by the end of the year if you want that $1300 tax credit.
Longtime lurker, here. I'm looking to pick up a JSW sometime next year.

Actually, the tax credit should last quite awhile (I sure hope so!). The full credit is available until the calendar quarter after VW sells 60,000 qualifying TDIs. Reduced credits are available for a year after after that. The full rules are at http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157632,00.html

tdivroomvroom

TDI
none
The dealership that I purchased my sedan from has a JSW for sale (wagon).
Manual trans, blue graphite exterior, black interior,MSRP is $24,240
They do not charge any markups

Let me know if anyone is interested, I'll PM you the info

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Finally got a straight answer from my Stealer today:confused: I placed a deposit on an ordered Jetta first week in July. He finally confirmed what we have been hearing around here. There is no such thing as a special order till next year. They are going their best to match you with a car as close to what your ordered as possible. He said today that he may have a line on one for me but it looks like it has the protection pack added. I should know something this weekend.

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
EEGeek said:
Longtime lurker, here. I'm looking to pick up a JSW sometime next year.

Actually, the tax credit should last quite awhile (I sure hope so!). The full credit is available until the calendar quarter after VW sells 60,000 qualifying TDIs. Reduced credits are available for a year after after that. The full rules are at http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157632,00.html
Also as in the link, the lean-burn credit has a time cut of the 2010 tax year. VW may, or may not, sell 60,000 by then. And, pretty sure AMT filers aren't eligible.

tdibigd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE w/DSG, black on black
Jibeho said:
He said today that he may have a line on one for me but it looks like it has the protection pack added. I should know something this weekend.
That's an easy one. "I am not interested in the protection pack and will not under any circumstance pay for it."

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Turned it down.. It was not the protection pack but Ipod and floor mat kit. I thought they came with floor mats? It also did not have the wing spoiler but the lip spoiler. I would rather not have the lip spoiler.

tdibigd said:
That's an easy one. "I am not interested in the protection pack and will not under any circumstance pay for it."

Kenny Blankenship

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Jibeho said:
Turned it down.. It was not the protection pack but Ipod and floor mat kit. I thought they came with floor mats? It also did not have the wing spoiler but the lip spoiler. I would rather not have the lip spoiler.
That is the "Jetta Driver's Kit" according to my invoice. It includes the floor mats, lip spoiler and I guess the I-Pod (since I have that in my car). It lists for $359 and invoices for $280. I haven't found any references to this kit anywhere and the invoice doesn't say specifically what's included in the package. My guess is that they added it to bring content somewhat similar to the "Loyal" package.

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Interesting:mad: Sounds like my dealer was tiring to juice me for more beer credits:mad: :mad:

My order is for a standard TDI Jetta with the $470 Wing spoiler. He told me that this one would cost me an additional $248 over my order. It is like they are priced separately.

I'll give them another few weeks then I'll go in and collect my $1000

Kenny Blankenship said:
That is the "Jetta Driver's Kit" according to my invoice. It includes the floor mats, lip spoiler and I guess the I-Pod (since I have that in my car). It lists for $359 and invoices for $280. I haven't found any references to this kit anywhere and the invoice doesn't say specifically what's included in the package. My guess is that they added it to bring content somewhat similar to the "Loyal" package.

TDI Army

TDI
2009 Jetta
Jibeho said:
Finally got a straight answer from my Stealer today:confused: I placed a deposit on an ordered Jetta first week in July. He finally confirmed what we have been hearing around here. There is no such thing as a special order till next year. They are going their best to match you with a car as close to what your ordered as possible. He said today that he may have a line on one for me but it looks like it has the protection pack added. I should know something this weekend.
I am not sure if that is 100% accurate. My dealer was able to show me a print-out with my name, a big "SOLD" in one column, and all the options I ordered in the next column, and on the top I believe it was labebled "Order Sheet" or something to that affect. It did not at all look like it was just some tracker that they produced to match up customers with cars, it looked like cars that were on order to me.
;)

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
TDI Army said:
I am not sure if that is 100% accurate. My dealer was able to show me a print-out with my name, a big "SOLD" in one column, and all the options I ordered in the next column, and on the top I believe it was labebled "Order Sheet" or something to that affect. It did not at all look like it was just some tracker that they produced to match up customers with cars, it looked like cars that were on order to me.
;)
The kicker here is, what is the status of your order? Is it in IS Order Bank or Factory Order Bank? If you placed the order in July it should have moved to Factory Order Bank or even Production Stock by now.

The deal seems to be that VW Hub is letting dealers "place" "orders", but those orders are being ignored by the factory.

bockegg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Loyalty TDi w/ DSG
Does anyone know if it is safe to use Howe's or Powerservice fuel additive in the '09 TDi?

drckol

TDI
09 Jetta TDI 05 Passat TDI
What are the options available on the 09 Jetta TDI? Picked mine up today Boardwalk in Dallas. $1,000 over invoice but they had the car I wanted.Good people.17" wheels, Ipod, mats and trunk covers. Driver seat is only partly electric, the back part of seat but to move the seat forward is manual. Was full electric an option? The car did not have a window sticker and I am told that they did not get stickers on the few TDIs they have sold.

gearguywb

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
It is against the law to sell a vehicle without the Moroni (window) sticker. Designed to stop stealerships from just naming any price on a vehicle.

brian1017

TDI
09 White / Ant TDI
drckol said:
What are the options available on the 09 Jetta TDI? Picked mine up today Boardwalk in Dallas. $1,000 over invoice but they had the car I wanted.Good people.17" wheels, Ipod, mats and trunk covers. Driver seat is only partly electric, the back part of seat but to move the seat forward is manual. Was full electric an option? The car did not have a window sticker and I am told that they did not get stickers on the few TDIs they have sold.
I got 2 Window Stickers with mine!

dr61

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI on order
drckol said:
The VW order guide with options is posted on this forum (search). There are no seat options on 2009's. Did they show you the invoice?

donfromnaples

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle Blue and 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagon
The only thing promised is that the purchase of a 2009 clean diesel VW TDI will be eligible for $1300 tax credit. There is no promise of a tax credit for the purchase of a 2010 and up TDI. Why wait to purchase one, when you can get a tax credit this coming April?

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
brian1017 said:
I got 2 Window Stickers with mine!
Check the owners manual, mine was folded in the owner manual and the dealer did mention to me that most of the time there are two stickers.

BTW, I just received my owners manual and extra keys today as my TDI is riding in style on a carrier from my out of state dealer.

capflya

TDI
2009 TDI (being built)
TDI Army said:
+1...I would love to see your Plat Gray Met. w/ the Anthracite Goals!:D
Since he didn't post pics yet I went searching... it's not an 09 TDI but its the same color/body style....

NOT MY CAR... just a picture I found online...

Last edited:

diesel_girl

TDI
09 tdi sedan
drckol said:
I didn't get a sticker either, but he ordered me one.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
you guys are hysterical... you wait and wait a huge amount of time on a car that is pretty hard to get.. then you turn it down because it has a added pack that you don't want, yet you would be willing to pay $$$ over msrp for the one you want...

What am I missing here?

And what the hell is VW's obsession with black cars all of the sudden??

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
peterdaniel said:
you guys are hysterical... you wait and wait a huge amount of time on a car that is pretty hard to get.. then you turn it down because it has a added pack that you don't want, yet you would be willing to pay $$$ over msrp for the one you want...

What am I missing here?
That one person doesn't write all the posts on this board. Seriously, you just described the actions of at least three different people, while a bunch of people on this board have done none of these things.

And what the hell is VW's obsession with black cars all of the sudden??
Who knows. If you want a car now and you want to try to get it for under MSRP then get a black car.