2009 Tdi

dennisjs

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI sportwagen 6spd, 2012 Touareg TDI Lux bought back by VW and traded on a new 2016 Touareg TDI Lux
diesel_girl said:
Well, finally getting around to posting about my new tdi. Got it last Tues. 8/26, drove to Evanston Ill to The Autobarn. Black/anthracite, auto, sunroof, 6 disc, loyalty ed. with winter pkg. I know there are alot of people that can't stand black, but it looks awsome with the 20% tint on it. I got lucky, had my name on 2 lists in Indiana and just found this one on the internet with exactly what I wanted. Paid a little over msrp and drove 6 hrs roundtrip, but it was what I wanted. My hubby got it for my 8/16 birthday present. So it now sits in the driveway next to my modified 01 7.3 diesel excursion limited. Will post pics later.
Congrats. Loyal edition cars are really a best buy.
Black is fine if you live in northeast, northwest , heartland or anywhere but the south. I was my second color choice.

ChuChu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
chewy said:
VW is actually one of few companies selling more vehicles in 08 than 07.
Woops, I meant to say YTD Jetta sales are behind last years. Though that may change in the last few months of the year.

binky2k

TDI
'85 Audi 5000 TD - totaled '92. 2009 Jetta sedan, DSG, salsa red/anthracite, sunroof, all else stock.
2009 financing deals on US website

Sorry. I can't tell which thread to put this in, they're all bleeding into each other. FYI, looks like the financing deals for the 09 MY have finally been updated on the corporate website. Beginning with 3.9%, probably on the 36 month term tho it doesn't say. However, looks like a typo--they have an exclusion clause for the JSW TDI and the (drumroll) New Beetle TDI--really? Where? (LOL).

Anyway, about what I figured. Probably 5.9% on the 60 mos. I'm sticking with my own bank financing.

dwf

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
Yahoo…. I finally found my Jetta! I did some checking around and a dealer about 50 miles away has a car that I want on the lot. I put a deposit down at a dealer months ago. I called and ask them if they were going to take my deposit if I decide not to buy through them, they said; "no". Great dealer, I wish they were the ones that I could purchase the vehicle from. I make the call and the dealer has the car that meets my requirements. Auto, Salsa Red, Pure Beige Tex Lthette, Sunroof, and most important of all 2.0L 4 Cyl Turbo Fuel Injected Diesel Power Plant. First thing I out of my mouth is; “if ya'll are selling at MSRP I'll take it”. Salesperson says; “we have a common market adjustment of $1500”. I said; “thanks but I am not interested” and hung up. I did not leave my name or number. I get a call about 5 minutes later. I guess they captured my phone number. The salespersons tells me that they are willing to sell the car at MSRP. I am on my way to pick up the car now! It will look good parked next to the Duramax or maybe in it. Perhaps I should have worked’em down from the MSRP. I wonder if I left money on the table… Like I have posted on this forum before; "paying more than MSRP is ridiculous".

jrh

TDI
New Beetle 2004 Black
coolbreeze said:
on lot and availible to first one there at msrp...

Dear Bruce,
Here is the information that you requested on the phone...the Jetta TDI 2009 is: Black with black interior, power sunroof, mat kit, i-pod adaptor, and it is a manuel. the asking price is $25,538+++. Please let me know if I can assist you in any other way..you can call me at 704-532-3401..or just email me back.
Thanks,
Christine Mallos
Christine Mallos
Volkswagen South
(704) 532-3401
Hmmm Mine was 25,8something including destination chg with sunroof, 6 speed, mat kit and DVD Navigation. Doesn't sound like MSRP Must have something else or they have raised the MSRP. The DVD Nav was about 1.5K

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
All these cars and STILL NO BLUE GRAPHITE SEDANS

Has anyone seen or taken delivery of a Blue Graphite SEDAN? I have seen some JSWs but no Sedans either online or reports of sold in this color.

I am holding out for now! Plat Grey is starting to look like a better chance

TDIMANtobe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW ordered (due12/08)
jrh said:
Hmmm Mine was 25,8something including destination chg with sunroof, 6 speed, mat kit and DVD Navigation. Doesn't sound like MSRP Must have something else or they have raised the MSRP. The DVD Nav was about 1.5K
DVD is $1990

tdivroomvroom

TDI
none
Shooter007 said:
Has anyone seen or taken delivery of a Blue Graphite SEDAN? I have seen some JSWs but no Sedans either online or reports of sold in this color.

I am holding out for now! Plat Grey is starting to look like a better chance
I posted earlier in response that I have purchased a new blue graphite sedan.
Really, autotrader is your friend

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2552100&car_id=250340656&dealer_id=616349

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2552100&car_id=250340674&dealer_id=616349

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2552100&car_id=251154743&dealer_id=616349

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2688478&car_id=251207912&dealer_id=444255

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2600370&car_id=251206850&dealer_id=1368381

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2661298&car_id=250636502&dealer_id=1394565

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2564269&car_id=251058621&dealer_id=56327646

Last but not least, one located a full 31 miles from Waxahachie, TX
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&ncal_id=2498018&car_id=251078223&dealer_id=2589355

Probably 50% of these cars are already sold, 25% the dealer wants MSRP+++, but the other 25% are available. You just have to call around, that's how I got mine.

bluengreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat, 2009 Jetta, had 1985
Thanks for the tip, I have haunted cars.com and still will but I set up my alerts from autotrader. Thus far the NE is stuck in a largely rut like few colors minimally available at best. Clearly no where near the W of the Miss availabilty. No Laser Blues, No Salsa Reds, no Silvers mostly B&W and alot of anthracite. VWoA- in addition to the rest of your marketing F-Ups, take note were not all coal miners. Still not a word on an order placed in late Jan. and I believe self help and luck must be part of the Vdub marketing plan because in the absence of that there is squat in da haus.
tdivroomvroom said:

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
I just saw two Salsa Red TDI sedans at West Houston VW (I10 at Barker Cypress).

One is a DSG and one is a manual. One had anthacite and the other was tan. Can't remember which interior went with which trans.

jrh

TDI
New Beetle 2004 Black
TDIMANtobe said:
DVD is $1990
Yup. Was quoting from memory. So 25,538 can't be MSRP for 6speed sunroof, mats & Ipod Sounds like almost 2K over MSRP
Did VW raise their sticker price?

From my sticker:
Base Price: 21,990
Power Sunroof: 1,000
Mats: 199
DVD Sat Nav: 1,990
Destnation chg 650

total: $25,829

tdivroomvroom

TDI
none
bluengreen said:
Thanks for the tip, I have haunted cars.com and still will but I set up my alerts from autotrader. Thus far the NE is stuck in a largely rut like few colors minimally available at best. Clearly no where near the W of the Miss availabilty. No Laser Blues, No Salsa Reds, no Silvers mostly B&W and alot of anthracite. VWoA- in addition to the rest of your marketing F-Ups, take note were not all coal miners. Still not a word on an order placed in late Jan. and I believe self help and luck must be part of the Vdub marketing plan because in the absence of that there is squat in da haus.
There are plenty more tdi's listed than that. Go to autotrader, select the 2009 vw jetta. Choose advanced option, select engine size, 4 cylinder. In search terms, type in sedan or wagon, depending on what you want.

You will come up with lots of cars, depending on your acceptable mileage range. Let me know if you need any help

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
tdivroomvroom said:
There are plenty more tdi's listed than that. Go to autotrader, select the 2009 vw jetta. Choose advanced option, select engine size, 4 cylinder. In search terms, type in sedan or wagon, depending on what you want.

You will come up with lots of cars, depending on your acceptable mileage range. Let me know if you need any help
I have been doing advanced search in autotrader for jetta, diesel fuel, manual and the color. I leave the color off sometimes just to get an idea of how many TDIs are out there. That catches all of the TDIs I would be interested in buying.

I am seeing cars in autotrader that on the day they show up are never seen in that dealers web site inventory. Since I would think they have to pay for autotrader, they will leave that particular car in there for the duration of that ad to get dealer pub. It just does not make sense to me that a car that is "sold" when it is offloaded from the truck would be advertised in autotrader. If its not a sold car, it should show up in the dealer inventory as well as autotrader. Both black cars that were offered to me by the dealer showed up in the inventory list of that dealer even though they were going down the list. I did not see those two cars in Autotrader.

Autotrader is and has been my friend but I think an earlier post is correct. The telephone is your best option if you see a car you like jump on the phone and get in contact immediately

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
Crown in Tyler now has 3 after having 5 yesterday and they all look to be at MSRP. I am thinking the demand is just a little less than expected

Last edited:

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
donfromnaples said:
Metro VW shows two Jetta TDI sedans for sale.
Metro dealer site shows 40 jetta's 2 TDIs one white and one black. They also look to be marked as MSRP. Guessing there are cars out there to buy if your not picky like I have been over the last few weeks. ;)

Stealth

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
This is my first post and as a reply to Shooter, I have taken delivery of a Blue Graphite TDI. The funny thing is that I was on the dealers "list" having put a deposit on a Blue Graphite exterior with Art Grey interior, DSG, sunroof and rear lumbar air bags. The dealer quoted MSRP saying that it is their policy not to charge over MSRP like some of the other dealers. The dealer mentioned that I could expect the car some time in October.

I get a call from the dealer on August 22 and he says that the fist two "non-loyalty" vehicles just came in. The first was taken by someone ahead of me on the list, but that the second car - Blue Graphite with Art Grey interior, DSG, sunroof and all-weather mats, nobody before me on the list wanted and was I interested. Absolutely! By shear luck, that Saturday morning I was driving off of the lot in the car I ordered two months early.

I guess now I can give my 1990 Acura Integra with 331,000 miles on it a rest.

fcatwo

TDI
2009 JSW DSG
My understanding of the current auto manufacturing process is that they all use the "just-in-time" parts process and whatever pre-ordered parts their suppliers deliver to the factory today go into the cars they build today. The old method of stockpiling parts in nearby warehouses was dropped for cost and efficiency reasons. Given this, it's not unreasonable to expect a delay of several months for today's factory parts orders to make their way through the supply chain and the cars built and actually arrive on dealers lots.

Another likelyhood is that VW probably doesn't want to put too many of the the new TDIs on the street until they have feed-back on the first few and know there are no unexpected problems. This could help us all as corrections in the manufacturing process are likely better than patches down the road. Personally, I'm waiting until VW feels comfortable putting more of them out there.

The current demand was also a surprise. It's only been a few months since writers were predicting the U.S. wouldn't buy diesels. Does anyone here really want the first engine produced by the people just hired for the new third-shift at their engine factory? Just my $0.02

Frank

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
fcatwo said:

Given this, it's not unreasonable to expect a delay of several months for today's factory parts orders to make their way through the supply chain and the cars built and actually arrive on dealers lots.......

i dunno, I think that its just like anything else in this world, people will do what they want to do.

I ordered my MINI Cooper S convertible sidewalk edition and it was delivered as ordered in 45 days. Exactly when they said it would be.

It also all depends on how they set up the assembly line. Most likely you do not order your car. You simply get what you wanted because they were building that this week.

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
Comparing MINI order process to the VW is like comparing a sports car to a compact! MINI has it together on their orders.

Appologies donfromnaples you were correct! I do need glasses! I now see 'the light" AND the 7 TDIs available at Park Cities and all of them do look to be at MSRP. Thanks for the heads up! 6 sedans and 1 JSW

Thanks for the info on Blue Graphite cars, I am encouraged now that I will be able to get one maybe sooner than anticipated.

Last edited:

fcatwo

TDI
2009 JSW DSG
It also all depends on how they set up the assembly line. Most likely you do not order your car. You simply get what you wanted because they were building that this week.[/quote]

I suspect peterdaniel is closest to having it correct. There is also the dealer allocation thing to consider. Dealers who sell more cars get more cars and an order with a dealer who has already received their current allocation may take longer than an order with a dealer who has not. Obviously a manufacturer is not going to allow their 100-car-per-month-dealers to have as many "hot-selling-cars" as their 1000-car-per-month-dealers. It's also likely dealers have to take 4-5 other cars for every JSW-TDI they get and they will be happy to put you in one of those if you don't want to wait.

Frank