2009 Tdi

binky2k

TDI
'85 Audi 5000 TD - totaled '92. 2009 Jetta sedan, DSG, salsa red/anthracite, sunroof, all else stock.
dennisjs said:
Since there are cars sitting on lots why don't you go look for it?
Are you directing this to me? I've seen the ones on the lots, including a couple of loyals and a JSW at my regular dealer's. They're marked up. That's the reason they're sitting on the lots.

I've had a sedan on order since July for MSRP and sticker's my personal limit. My current car (an 01 gas Golf) is still running perfectly well so I can wait until the end of October, which not incidentally is when I told my dealership in July I would need it. This will be the third VW I've bought from my dealership, and by and large they've been straight shooters with me. Ergo, no multiple deposits at multiple dealers. If they can't deliver, I'll live with my Golf for another year until the 2010s or the Honda/Acura is out.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
binky2k said:
Are you directing this to me? I've seen the ones on the lots, including a couple of loyals and a JSW at my regular dealer's. They're marked up. That's the reason they're sitting on the lots.

I've had a sedan on order since July for MSRP and sticker's my personal limit. My current car (an 01 gas Golf) is still running perfectly well so I can wait until the end of October, which not incidentally is when I told my dealership in July I would need it. This will be the third VW I've bought from my dealership, and by and large they've been straight shooters with me. Ergo, no multiple deposits at multiple dealers. If they can't deliver, I'll live with my Golf for another year until the 2010s or the Honda/Acura is out.
If your dealership is saying that the delivery date is early October, then it should either be in Production Stock or Intransit from Factory, and it may have a VIN assigned. Call your dealer and ask them what the VW Hub status on your vehicle is. If it isn't Production Stock, it's probably not showing up in October.

I'm going to pester my dealer about a VIN next week. If he has one, we're going to start getting all the purchase paperwork together and done.

binky2k

TDI
'85 Audi 5000 TD - totaled '92. 2009 Jetta sedan, DSG, salsa red/anthracite, sunroof, all else stock.
jvance said:
If your dealership is saying that the delivery date is early October, then it should either be in Production Stock or Intransit from Factory, and it may have a VIN assigned. Call your dealer and ask them what the VW Hub status on your vehicle is. If it isn't Production Stock, it's probably not showing up in October.

I'm going to pester my dealer about a VIN next week. If he has one, we're going to start getting all the purchase paperwork together and done.
Already asked. It's in "Production Stock," he'll be calling me with the VIN next Wednesday or thereabouts. They expect it to be delivered and on the dock end of Sept and I should be taking delivery by the first week of Oct. I hope to have it for a birthday present (end of Oct) to myself. We've had a relationship with this dealership since my Golf so over 8 years now. If they can't deliver this time due to the way the launch has been handled by VWoA, it wouldn't stop me from using them next year if need be.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
binky2k said:
Already asked. It's in "Production Stock," he'll be calling me with the VIN next Wednesday or thereabouts. They expect it to be delivered and on the dock end of Sept and I should be taking delivery by the first week of Oct. I hope to have it for a birthday present (end of Oct) to myself. We've had a relationship with this dealership since my Golf so over 8 years now. If they can't deliver this time due to the way the launch has been handled by VWoA, it wouldn't stop me from using them next year if need be.
Rockin'. You have a dealer worthy of your business.

dennisjs

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI sportwagen 6spd, 2012 Touareg TDI Lux bought back by VW and traded on a new 2016 Touareg TDI Lux
binky2k said:
This markup or additional dealer profit is exactly why the turn rate is 75%.
It is keeping many away from taking delivery or compromising on color/options.
VW had plenty of time to let the dealers order their own cars. We are not talking about that many units. If they become Honda-like in their ordering (just allocating cars and not allowing the dealers to build their own stock) they will have to drop many of the options which they offer. But it is ridiculous to expect dealers to deliver the cars ordered by the wholesale end of the car business... those not in touch with the real world. The dealer knows better than anyone what color sells, what transmission mix sells and what options sell. And if VW would just do their homework they, too would know this. But all they want to do is build Black cars. I have nothing against black. But why send black cars to the south where they become mini-ovens? And why not offer more color choices ? How about a green metallic? How about a burgundy metallic?
Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.
I don't blame you for waiting for a car from your dealer. IT is certainly what the most of us did... place an order and wait.

dwf

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
I have not read a good reason as of yet to pay more than MSRP. All post I have read are excuses and not financially responsible. It seems more about status and having the first TDI on the block. So why don’t people just admit it? I just hope those of you that do pay more than MSRP have planned for your future and my tax dollars aren’t need to fix another fiscally irresponsible issue. If you don’t understand my comments you probably never will. I am not trying to offend anyone but I would like people to think about it. As far as my 09 TDI goes I will wait until I get what I want. I don't care about being the first on the block. Of course even if I were no one would know since my nearest neighbor is a mile away.

tdibigd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE w/DSG, black on black
dwf said:
I have not read a good reason as of yet to pay more than MSRP. All post I have read are excuses and not financially responsible. It seems more about status and having the first TDI on the block. So why don’t people just admit it? I just hope those of you that do pay more than MSRP have planned for your future and my tax dollars aren’t need to fix another fiscally irresponsible issue. If you don’t understand my comments you probably never will. I am not trying to offend anyone but I would like people to think about it. As far as my 09 TDI goes I will wait until I get what I want. I don't care about being the first on the block. Of course even if I were no one would know since my nearest neighbor is a mile away.
Wow, you and I are like-minded....

dennisjs

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI sportwagen 6spd, 2012 Touareg TDI Lux bought back by VW and traded on a new 2016 Touareg TDI Lux
dwf said:
Amen.

I wonder if anyone who has actually ordered a car has received it. Seems like there is a lot of buying loose cars rather than taking delivery for an ordered one. I am not sure that VW allowed any cars to be ordered until June. Any one here have any more knowledge about this?

Last edited:

chewy

Veteran Member
TDI
None
binky2k said:
Just released:
http://media.vw.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10378&

Interesting. Only 75% sale rate, confirming, there are cars still sitting on the lots.

Just called my salesman, they reiterated an early October delivery of a sedan I ordered mid July.
VW had best Jetta sales since May 2006, very positive. VW sold 1,636 more Jettas this August when compared to last August. It would be interesting to know how many of those extra sales were TDIs.

VW would be very happy selling 10,000+ Jettas every month from now on.

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
jdbfreeheel said:
Is it possible that VW decided to build the first batch not to order, so that they could just get some out there into dealer inventory (granted, not that many yet)? My hunch is that build to order vehicles potentially take longer, as a group, to produce, than cars that just meet a certain build set. It would make sense that it's faster and easier to build a bunch of cars of similar specs and options in a row rather than having to spec out different combinations on the assembly line. I don't know anything about the production process, so this is simply speculation on my part, but I too am surprised by the lack of built to order cars coming.

Granted, this doesn't make up for the shotty communication by VWoA, for example, if my speculation is correct, they could have come out and announced something like, "VW will issue a first run of stock, not-built to order Jettas which dealers will be allotted based on XXX, then beginning Oct 1, our Puebla plant will begin to build the built to order vehicles ordered by specific consumers from their dealers."

Alas...

-Josh
There is NO doubt it my mind that the first batch was built all as "loyalty editions" and all of those similarly equipped, the only variations being std/ dsg and nav. Otherwise I believe they were all the same (including mine). The dealers absolutely have NO IDEA what they were going to get... not even basic colors... nothing. They find out about 2 weeks (or less) before they arrive, and apparently it is ALWAYS VW policy to send cars as THEY choose...

Car's that are ordered are handled completely differently... but even then, it's obvious the dealer places the order and then sits back and waits for information, which is several weeks before they have anything definite other than the order being accepted.

Wes

dwf

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
dennisjs said:
Amen.

I wonder if anyone who has actually ordered a car has received it. Seems like there is a lot of buying loose cars rather than taking delivery for an ordered one. I am not sure that VW allowed any cars to be ordered until June. Any one here have any more knowledge about this?
I ordered mine a couple of months ago. The salesperson later came back and told me that VW was not taking orders and what they get is what they get. I have turned down 8 TDI so far. I guess I am a bit picky. He also told me that the dealers that have sold their TDI get cars they don't expect. The dealers with TDI sitting on the lot get some taken from them and given to those that don't have them. So there is an incentive not to mark'em up. That is the word from my dealer in Central Texas.

Last edited:

ChuChu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
chewy said:
VW had best Jetta sales since May 2006, very positive. VW sold 1,636 more Jettas this August when compared to last August. It would be interesting to know how many of those extra sales were TDIs.

VW would be very happy selling 10,000+ Jettas every month from now on.
I think that's in no small part due to the TDI, and also extra model-year-end discounts on the gasser Jettas. It would indeed be very interesting to know what the breakdown of TDIs is.

Sales for this month look great but their YTD sales is still lagging last years.

firewired

TDI
Jetta
dwf said:
I ordered mine a couple of months ago. The salesperson later came back and told me that VW was not taking orders and what they get is what they get. I have turned down 8 TDI so far. I guess I am a bit picky. He also told me that the dealers that have sold their TDI get cars they don't expect. The dealers with TDI sitting on the lot get some taken from them and given to those that don't have them. So there is an incentive not to mark'em up. That is the word from my dealer in Central Texas.
Has your dealer offered you any with Nav? I am San Antonio, was told the same thing by Ancira, been on the list since beginning of July but haven't been offered any cars.

Shooter007

TDI
2009 Jetta
5 on internet web site at Texas Dealership in rural area

I have been scanning the 9 dealerships shown in closest proximity to Dallas, Tx and I saw yesterday 5 TDIs shown for sale on the web site at what appears to be MSRP. Hope this comes out ok in a post here are the details:

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$23,939Reflex SilverTurbo DieselSedan 4 Dr.Automatic VIN: 3VWAL71K29M029205M0292052.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$24,038Platinum GrayTDISedan 4 Dr.Manual VIN: 3VWRL71K99M027728M0277282.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$25,138Platinum GrayTDISedan 4 Dr.Automatic VIN: 3VWRL71K49M028589M0285892.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$25,138Reflex SilverTDISedan 4 Dr.Automatic VIN: 3VWRL71K19M028890M0288902.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$25,138Salsa RedTDISedan 4 Dr.AutomaticPure BeigeVIN: 3VWRL71K99M024117M0241172.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

Those prices look like MSRP but one would have to get details on each one to be sure of the options.

Last edited:

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
White-Allen VW in Dayton, OH should have a JSW TDI available. Unclaimed as of Thursday 4:00pm. Black/anthracite, 6 speed manual. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you the contact name/# of my salesman. Good guy/dealership to work with.

dwf

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI
firewired said:
Has your dealer offered you any with Nav? I am San Antonio, was told the same thing by Ancira, been on the list since beginning of July but haven't been offered any cars.
I did not think the Nav was worth it so I have not ask about that. I am bless with being one of the top on the list. I get a call about TDI every couple of weeks. The big thing for me is the auto, sunroof, red color and tan interior. I also told them I would consider other light exterior and interior (gray)colors, anything but black. So either the light colors are going to those higher on the list or VW has not produced many.

tdibigd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE w/DSG, black on black
Shooter007 said:
I have been scanning the 9 dealerships shown in closest proximity to Dallas, Tx and I saw yesterday 5 TDIs shown for sale on the web site at what appears to be MSRP. Hope this comes out ok in a post here are the details:

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$23,939Reflex SilverTurbo DieselSedan 4 Dr.Automatic VIN: 3VWAL71K29M029205M0292052.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$24,038Platinum GrayTDISedan 4 Dr.Manual VIN: 3VWRL71K99M027728M0277282.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$25,138Platinum GrayTDISedan 4 Dr.Automatic VIN: 3VWRL71K49M028589M0285892.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$25,138Reflex SilverTDISedan 4 Dr.Automatic VIN: 3VWRL71K19M028890M0288902.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SedanContact Us$25,138Salsa RedTDISedan 4 Dr.AutomaticPure BeigeVIN: 3VWRL71K99M024117M0241172.0L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected

Those prices look like MSRP but one would have to get details on each one to be sure of the options.

Metro VW in Irving also has a few - 3 or 4 as of last week.

So does Lewisville:

Sedan
Color: Laser Blue Metallic
Interior: Art Gray
2.0L turbocharged TDI I4 engine
Transmission: Automatic
9 Miles

Sedan
Color: Platinum Gray Metallic
Interior: Anthracite
2.0L turbocharged TDI I4 engine
Transmission: Manual
18 Miles

Sedan
Color: REFLEX SILVER
Interior: ANTHRACITE
2.0 L TDI
Transmission: Manual
6 Miles

Wagon
Color: Black Uni
Interior: Anthracite
2.0L TDI I4 engine
Transmission: Automatic
8 Miles

A couple of these may be in common with the ones you pulled, but not all of them apparently. This is just 2 dealers. I suspect there's 20+ more in the metroplex.

Last edited:

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
Gilroy VW/Mazda has a Laser Blue 5 speed sedan, light grey interior with sunroof at 25,200 (close) $1895 markup with LoJack, and "paint protection" The salesman says that that have sold have all been automatics including the demo unit. Seems that no one wants a 5 speed which simply shocks me.

Anyone buying the DSG automatic had better not complain about mpg. I could care less what it was supposed to be. You know better.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
peterdaniel said:
Gilroy VW/Mazda has a Laser Blue 5 speed sedan, light grey interior with sunroof at 25,200 (close) $1895 markup with LoJack, and "paint protection" The salesman says that that have sold have all been automatics including the demo unit. Seems that no one wants a 5 speed which simply shocks me.

Anyone buying the DSG automatic had better not complain about mpg. I could care less what it was supposed to be. You know better.
Well of course not. I don't want the 5 speed because it's attached to a 5 cylinder gasoline engine. I want the 6 speed manual that is attached to a 2 liter common rail diesel engine :D

dennisjs

Veteran Member
TDI
peterdaniel said:

Watch out for this dealer. They are notorious for trying to "steal" the trade (if you have one). Or they just have absolutely no clue what a car is worth. My brother in law went there to try and buy another model VW and they valued his trade $3000. less than three other dealers.

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
jvance said:
Well of course not. I don't want the 5 speed because it's attached to a 5 cylinder gasoline engine. I want the 6 speed manual that is attached to a 2 liter common rail diesel engine :D
i stand corrected, its a 6 speed..:eek:

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
dennisjs said:
Watch out for this dealer. They are notorious for trying to "steal" the trade (if you have one). Or they just have absolutely no clue what a car is worth. My brother in law went there to try and buy another model VW and they valued his trade $3000. less than three other dealers.
And what dealer DOESN'T try and steal your trade?

tdivroomvroom

TDI
none
Shooter007 said:
Has anyone seen one of these (blue graphite) on a lot or taken delivery of this color? Wierd how most of the early cars have been black or white. I have seen a few red cars too but very few of either blue in the sedans
I have one in my garage. They are out there, you just have to search around. Extremely sharp color, only one that I wanted out of those available. I don't think any of the loyalty were in graphite, which might account for the low numbers out there. I may be wrong on that, though.

einstem

TDI
TDI on order
Rear Side Airbags as an Option ?

I am looking very seriously at getting a Jetta TDI due to the amount of highway driving I do. I am looking at some of the available options and have one question:
- Can someone explain why are Rear Side Airbags are an "option" and not standard equipement?

I'm new to VWs, and this is a bit baffling to me..

Thanks.

Michael

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
einstem said:
I am looking very seriously at getting a Jetta TDI due to the amount of highway driving I do. I am looking at some of the available options and have one question:
- Can someone explain why are Rear Side Airbags are an "option" and not standard equipement?

I'm new to VWs, and this is a bit baffling to me..

Thanks.

Michael
Gm is notorious for offering them as an option as well. Should be standard equipment.

diesel_girl

TDI
09 tdi sedan
Well, finally getting around to posting about my new tdi. Got it last Tues. 8/26, drove to Evanston Ill to The Autobarn. Black/anthracite, auto, sunroof, 6 disc, loyalty ed. with winter pkg. I know there are alot of people that can't stand black, but it looks awsome with the 20% tint on it. I got lucky, had my name on 2 lists in Indiana and just found this one on the internet with exactly what I wanted. Paid a little over msrp and drove 6 hrs roundtrip, but it was what I wanted. My hubby got it for my 8/16 birthday present. So it now sits in the driveway next to my modified 01 7.3 diesel excursion limited. Will post pics later.

firewired

TDI
Jetta
Man what a range of very confusing information from dealers. Called around to dealers in my state, but out of my area. Different things I were told were:

1) No orders accepted, even if you tried to put in. Just get on the list and we will call you when a car shows up to see f you want it. We get no advanced warning and the incoming list isn't accurate. (my dealer)

2) No problem to look at the incoming list and see the options / specs on them.

3) No problem putting an order in, you can expect your car in 2 - 3 weeks.

chewy

Veteran Member
TDI
None
ChuChu said:
Sales for this month look great but their YTD sales is still lagging last years.
VW is actually one of few companies selling more vehicles in 08 than 07.