2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6-spd for sale - low mi's

doginthedark

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
SOLD !!! Jetta Sportwagen TDI manual Sagamore Beach MA $15,000

For sale is our 2009 dark grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0 common-rail TDI with 6-speed manual transmission. Currently has 48,500 miles on it. We are moving overseas, so have to sell.
Includes cold weather package with dark grey leather interior, mirror warmers, heated seats. Has large panorama sunroof which spans the length of the car, power seats, power windows and central locks. Has premium VII sound system with mp3 6-cd changer.
Has Gorilla mat in rear with velcro brackets to tote gear. Very handy.
Comes with installed U-Haul drawbar style hitch with 3,500 lb towing capacity. Electricals for hitch connected and functioning.
Fuel filter done at 40k, oil and filter change at 46k with lubro-moly from id parts. New alternator and serpentine belt at 46k.
The good: Interior is in superior condition, having seen little use. The exterior is without dents, and with only minor scratches on the doors and rear bumper from typical use.
The bad: Had an engine rebuild in early miles (first 12,000) due to gas station attendant putting in gasoline instead of diesel!!! (they paid for the rebuild, which was done by VW Ogdensburg, NY). No mechanical defects or issues to date.
The ugly: some corrosion appearing in bottom of door sills (likely from salty winter road water sitting on door sills), causing paint to bubble slightly in the driver and driver's side rear passenger door, as well as small area to left of license plate.
Price now reduced to $15,000.
Car is for sale in greater Boston area (staying at Sagamore Beach on the Cape) until August 12. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

sizzlin bacon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI S
Not trying to derail your thread, but does VW still offer their rust and corrosion warranties? You may consider checking the underneath side for further rust...

skoullias

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously: 03 2dr 5sp 357,xxx; Current: B5.5V 116,xxx
Depending on the dealership & interpreter, the rust coverage is for corrosion that has punctured, not surface or bubble rust. Exceptions (like for wheel wells) might apply on some models.

Not trying to derail your thread, but does VW still offer their rust and corrosion warranties? You may consider checking the underneath side for further rust...

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Depending on the dealership & interpreter, the rust coverage is for corrosion that has punctured, not surface or bubble rust. Exceptions (like for wheel wells) might apply on some models.
Not my experience. It is an "anti-perforation" rust warranty. A perforation due to rust can certainly start as bubbling from beneath. That is exactly how my fender rust started a few years ago and was recently covered 100% on my 12 year old car (whoo-hoo!). In my opinion the rust shown should certainly be covered, but yes, you may have to argue with a dealership for a while, and it may not be pleasant.

doginthedark

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
bump - price reduced to $15,000. Need to sell by Monday 8/11!!! Get your deal now before the stealership makes out!!!

VTJC

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW, 2009, Grey
I bought this car from ‘doginthedark’ 8/14/14 with assistance from his family, we had a smooth transaction. He was responsive and the car was as described in the post. I look forward to many happy miles in the car and I am glad to have a TDI again.

Last edited: