RPM: 2024 /min
Speed: 103.0 km/h
Voltage: 13.38 V
Load: 84.7 %
Load: 100.0 %
Mass Air / Rev.: 315.0 mg/str
Mass Air / Rev.: 385.0 mg/str
Copied and pasted from the autoscan
I assume the load differences are from the differential pressure sensor....from the exhaust side to the Egr cooler side.
Perform checks as per post #160 on EGR stuff on the rear of engine.

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta tdi, 09 TDI SPORTWAGEN 2011 Audi a3 TDI. VW caddy turbo diesel... Various vw split window busses
The strange thing is the DPF light never came on. Even with the code P2002...Weird. I think I will recheck the EGR filter to see if it is restricted. first then all the other EGR checks.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (CBE) Labels: 03L-906-022-CBE.clb
Part No SW: 03L 997 030 H HW: 03L 906 022 J
Component: R4 2.0l TDI G001AG 9983
Revision: 12H01--- Serial number: VWX7Z0H724M08Z
Coding: 0050078
Shop #: WSC 84224 811 682728
VCID: 336F266752EF8C170F-8066
VINID: 0E69E470805B0097421C70C9249B7AE38A

1 Fault Found:
001025 - EGR System
P0401 - 001 - Insufficient Flow - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 439641 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 20:34:52

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2024 /min
Speed: 103.0 km/h
Voltage: 13.38 V
Load: 84.7 %
Load: 100.0 %
Mass Air / Rev.: 315.0 mg/str
Mass Air / Rev.: 385.0 mg/str

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0
You should consider only posting your address 01 codes until you sort this out as I'm sick of scrolling though all the other codes that we're not looking at to find the values of concerns! Quit stressing me out! 🤪

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta tdi, 09 TDI SPORTWAGEN 2011 Audi a3 TDI. VW caddy turbo diesel... Various vw split window busses
You should consider only posting your address 01 codes until you sort this out as I'm sick of scrolling though all the other codes that we're not looking at to find the values of concerns! Quit stressing me out! 🤪
Yeah I was thinking about that all the other crap about radios and whatever who cares. FYI I've been driving this thing cuz I haven't had a minute to check those other things and the engine light went out. Maybe it just seen a little driving after the Regen. I think I'm going to drive it a few more days before I keep digging it might be fixed. I put about 60 more miles on it light went out today

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah initially I was thinking about what you said about the auto scan all the other information that's why I was using the one from engine but like you said it's weird that it's totally different and formatted different and much harder to read so I get it

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Maybe the systems can finally function now that you no longer have leaks and those other codes ... Drive it for a bit longer and rescan .... Hopefully no more engine codes

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
So far so good. We shall know later this week. I think the exhaust was sooted up pretty bad from that P299 extra soot from fuel and boost not matching. There were some large chunks of soot in that sucker I did clean it pretty well before reinstalling it. Probably able to do active regens now and will get better. Everything you have done for me has really helped!!!!!! I Have learned a lot about the diesel Particulate system and how if functions. This is an area of the diesels that was totally greek to me. Old school diesel non direct injection and mechanical.....piece of cake. But now I really get how it works and The egr system.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Keep her running kiddo...... I'm not sure how much longer that DPF will last, so you might want to plan for it to fall off in the near future.... unless you will spend big coin to get one. Maybe try to find a used unit. Keep an eye out for guys doing deletes as they may part with theirs for a decent price. You might not have the fall off option in your hood. ;)

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Engine light came back on for EGR same percentages as last time. Then before I could get it up on the lift to fix it or check it it went back off. I don't think I was able to get the hard line for the differential pressure sensor tight on the egr cooler maybe that's the issue. Needed a crow's foot open end 17 and didn't have it. Got one may do that later today

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
line was tight. CEL said. p2002 and EGR.....Trying another regen while standing. and after that I adapted G450.....I don't think I did it that way the first time. I think you need to do the adaption after regen. also adapted low egr....after regen. No codes 60 miles. But checked readiness monitor still has not passed EGR. Need to drive more but I haven't needed to drive. Don't want to waste fuel right now at 75 USD to fill up. probably 100 or more CAD to fill up.....Will check later this week when I have passed readiness. Have not had the hesitations I have had before yet......Fingers crossed.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I wish it was ~$100 :rolleyes:
Just a quick note to let you know that a transaction of $158.50 was made on your Tangerine World Mastercard® at ESSO CIRCLE K on March 05, 2022.

Last edited:

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
YIKEs.....its the Petro Canada setting the high prices. Damn government controls!!!!!!

Hey IDK if it is fixed but.......91 miles on the clock now Passed all readiness checks....still dont trust it yet but that is the best news I have seen......Im thinking MAYBE.....it is all good. Lets see how it is when I have run it through a full tank. Runs perfect havent felt any hesitations and my gas mileage is back to the normal.

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
was that how much it was to fill the Touareg I think they have a bigger tank. But still. OMG...158 CAD....It was 135 usd converts to 168 CAD to fill my 22g Chevy duramax.....

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yap.. 100L tank.
Back to your EGR low flow.... I've read that when the DPF forced regens are triggered, it actually causes EGR to clog up, so it's feasible that if your DPF started working autonomously now, the EGR cleared itself. Drive a little longer before we do the celebration dance again.

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Past 300 miles I'm going to call it. No check engine light. I think it's good to go

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally the Engine light went on and off for a few months. now for about 2 months it is OFF.....I think it just kept regening until all the plug ups are gone. Passed smog. I was just going to post all this then I got Covid. was down for 12 days. Catching up now. (put about 10k miles on it)
BUT
I have a new problem. IDK if you know how to fix it but I am pretty puzzled. AC is not working. worked fine when I went to get smog then the next day it wont work at all. Actually I replaced the windshield washer motor the night before. I cant see anything that would have made that happen.
FYI I am well versed on the compressor issues. I replaced it last year along with the valve I upgraded it to the RKX one that works well. This is totally different. New Valeo unit not a china Junker.
Fans are also Mahle and new working when you first start on lower speed.
The fans and the cooling are not turning on at all once past the first warm up They do work and run for a while but not with the AC. This is the basic system not the side by side climate control. interior Thermostat works when I turn it to hot gets hot right away. Light comes on when push the button. Blower blowing. NO Cool air. Full of freon. and not overfilled.
OH all fuses OK. checked with test light both sides.
I am suspecting PCM.....I cant remember the J number for it under the dash left hand side. Had to replace it when I first got the car is 2015.

Have you any idea how to test this. This is the most complicated AC system on the planet. OMG

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
I was replacing the new valve on the compressor with RKX which is usually the issue. and when I added the freon after about an hour sitting it just started working again. I think this system can have trouble getting pressure to the high side (very slow) and when the high side has low pressure it wont let the compressor turn on. I Think the valve was the issue and it is fixed but IDK.....All I can say is I have 3 of these cars and the AC has always been my worst nightmare. usually once I change the valve to the RKX the problems are over.
BUT for now it is working again.