2004 Red Jetta Wagon Parts or Restore

tgray

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Beetle, '05 Golf, 2000 Jetta, 2001 Jetta, 2002 Jetta
A good looking 2004 Red Jetta Wagon with tan interior. I hate to part it out as the body is in real good shape. The car has about 180,000 on it I was told. No rot through rust on the body or doors and the paint looks pretty good, shiny and not peeling. Just a little surface rust on the front bottom by the wheels. Front fenders look good for now but have the normal rust starting at the bottom. Rear trunk lid has a hole that is hidden behind the windshield. It can be repaired but would be best to find a new lid in my opinion. The car interior is in real clean and good shape on the doors and plastic pieces but the front leather seats have a few flaws. The headliner is sagging of course. The car was an automatic with ESP. The interior does have a little mold smell from some water getting in somehow but I don't see anything now. I would think a good cleaning would clear it all out. The BEW engine threw a rod and I used the transmission in another car. Someone pulled the ABS for some reason but I have that to put back in. Someone pulled some of the interior parts out but it looks like they are all there and in good shape. It would be a perfect car for a swap project from a wreck or rusted out car. $350 for the car as is, where is or I will start parting it out this spring.
The car is located near Marengo IL I have pictures but loading pictures on this site is always a challenge for me. I can text them to you if you are interested.
I do have enough parts to build the engine back to life, but would need a rod, piston and new cam. And I have an ALH 5 Speed swap kit that is mostly complete. $1000 for all.

tgray

Veteran Member
TDI
Well it depends. I have a guy that wants the front struts off it and I need the sub-frame for another car. As of right now they are all on and it rolls fine. Send me somewhere to text picture and it is no problem. It just gives me fits to put pictures on this site. The whole rest of the world I can drag and drop pictures but not here. I can hold off on pulling the front end stuff if you want because right now the car body is pretty much complete except for the engine, trans and down pipe. It should tow pretty easy on a dolly the way it is. I could sure help you deal with getting it loaded up.

tgray

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure what you were thinking but my 5 speed swap parts are no longer available.