2004 Jetta TDI wagon 5 speed (48182, near Toledo, OH)

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Donated a portion of the sale to the forum...

For sale:

2004 Jetta TDI wagon 5 speed manual

2 owner (I bought from original owner)
321k miles
NEW Valeo clutch and single mass Flywheel installed by Kraiger in Lima, OH at 318k miles
2 NEW front fenders installed by Ed Schmidt VW at 320,500 miles
2 NEW rocker panels installed by Ed Schmidt VW at 320,500 miles
Both rear quarter panels had a teeny bit of surface rust repaired by Ed Schmidt VW at 320,500 miles
NEW hatch installed by Ed Schmidt VW at 320,500 miles
New coolant temperature sensor at 318k miles
New coolant bottle at 319k miles
Refilled with G12/G13 mixed with distilled water
Replaced antenna base gasket
Glove box latch is intact
Center console is fully functional with OE hinge
Rear cargo cover

No CEL or any dash lights what-so-ever
Airbox has a sticker on it saying timing belt job done at 304k miles, I can't find receipt for it. It was likely done at Orion Auto in Ann Arbor, MI.

Bad (full disclosure):
Has dents on drivers side door (pictured)
Cranks somewhat slow but started fine all winter (I drove it daily)
Smokes on cold startup
Hood looks terrible (pictured)
Passenger side heated seat doesn't work
Headliner is just barely starting to fall near the sun visors
Rear bumper could use a respray

I have a stack of receipts from the previous owner that total well over $8000.

Price drop!! Asking $3500 obo

Was asking $4500

Last edited:

andrew2scott2

TDI
none yet
I am interested but at that price and mileage I'll pay a dealer first. Still it looks in good shape. If your willing to talk about the price message me. Or call me 304 480 9270

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
A 2004 Golf with 80k just sold for 5k on this forum. Just saying, your price is way to high.

jay_fyp

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT 2004 Jetta TDI (PD) 5mt R.I.P - 2013 Golf TDI 6mt - 2004 Golf TDI (PD) 5MT
A 2004 Golf with 80k in pristine condition inside and out just sold for 5k on this forum. Just saying, your price is way to high.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
A 2004 Golf with 80k in pristine condition inside and out just sold for 5k on this forum. Just saying, your price is way to high.
I appreciate the input, and as stated, the price is open to offers. I know how much I would like to get out of the car and if I can't get it, I will simply make it my winter beater and drive it forever. I feel I've been as honest as possible in my FS ad.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Has the camshaft been checked for wear or replaced,and has the turbo ever been replaced?Does the car have a sunroof?I can't tell by the pics.....BTW-the guy that sold the Golf for $5k -a. Didn't know what he had. b. Just doesn't like dicking around when selling a car.......

Last edited:
TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
that was an unusual situation and by no means the normal price range for these cars. that seller either did not care to do his research or was just motivated to get out of the car.

also, in the last pic you can see the sunroof from the inside.

best of luck with the sale. good looking car for 300,000+

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Has the camshaft been checked for wear or replaced,and has the turbo ever been replaced?Does the car have a sunroof?I can't tell by the pics.....BTW-the guy that sold the Golf for $5k -a. Didn't know what he had. b. Just doesn't like dicking around when selling a car.......
I have not checked the camshaft for wear yet. I will do that (pull valve cover and look) this week after I clean up 3 large trees I had cut down. As for the sunroof, yes it does have a sunroof. I have a receipt of the sunroof drain recall being performed. It does not leak, I drove it daily all this past winter and fall, zero leaks. I got it back from all the bodywork and ran a hose over the hatch area to check for leaks also, no leaks. Also, the lower belly pan amd side skirts is intact and installed.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Bump, price drop! Now asking $3500!! Make me an offer!! I want it gone

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Please disregard.

My brother lives in Toledo and his built 99 just ate its 3rd turbo. I may send him your way. Did you check for cam wear? I'd prefer if he was able to buy a machine that doesn't require major repairs...his 99 has been a PITA.

********After speaking with my brother last night, I think he's going to be out of the TDI world. Thanks anyways! :D

Last edited: