2003 tuning vs 2005 tuning. Tdi jetta.

Jon bones Jones

TDI
2005 tdi jetta, 2003 tdi Jetta
I currently have a 2003 tdi jetta with a Kerma tdi tune. As of next Tuesday I will have a 2005 tdi jetta as well. I was wondering if I could possibly load my 03 tune into my 05. Has anyone done this?

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Two very different engines (one with a mechanical VE pump, the other full electronic) AND the tune is in fact coded to the VIN, regardless of who the Flashzilla is married to. Or at least that's my understanding. :)

Jon bones Jones

TDI
2005 tdi jetta, 2003 tdi Jetta
Two very different engines (one with a mechanical VE pump, the other full electronic) AND the tune is in fact coded to the VIN, regardless of who the Flashzilla is married to. Or at least that's my understanding. :)
yeah. Im not sure if the unmarry would really work but the shop I got it from said if I was to de tune one I could apply it to another. I'm sure its a very different computer but if the EVRY mod will work on both models then I would assume the code is similar. I suppose its just a matter of if the car will accept the code or not.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Sounds to me like the shop may be confusing the Flashzilla with the tune itself - as noted, the 03 and the 05 are completely different engines, I don't think they even use the same ECU model.