2003 Jetta TDI Wagon price check - Seattle

KurtK

Hello folks - There is a dearth of comparable TDIs in the area for comparison, so looking for your feedback on pricing the 2003 TDI Wagon I have for sale. 153K miles, injection pump rebuild w/ timing belt at 141K, no engine codes, no water leaks (anymore). Drives great. Some scratches. Let me know what you think is fair here.
Thanks!
Kurt

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sorry for harshing on the previous posters. but their offers are probably low by half in the current market and where you live. You have a rare car with low miles in what looks like very good condition. It's pretty valuable these days.

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
Looks pretty clean and lower miles should get quite a few people contacting him at his posted price

KurtK

Hi guys - thanks for the responses.... Yeah I am getting hammered with interest from the CL post. When this thing sells I'll post the final price so that others have a comp.

lilzeus

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Blue
Sorry to threadjack but I was just harassed by self-styled forum cops and even mods for posting a feeler thread like this and had my post 'black holed'. I think we should be allowed to come here to probably the biggest TDI forum on the planet for opinions and advice on the value of our wonderful cars. It's a weird thing but I want my car to go to good hands. TDIClub was, I thought, the best place to do it and I even thought I might be able to sell it to one of the old Ohio group members I was a part of - at a substantial discount to doing it outright, of course. That's what friends are for!
I apologize, I really do. I just didn't know where else to say something.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
I was just harassed by self-styled forum cops and even mods for posting a feeler thread like this and had my post 'black holed'.
It wasn't a feeler. You said you were selling it, and you were giving us a half-day head start over other sites -- but we would have to spend that half day guessing what price you wanted to be paid. Asking for a price is not harassment.

GLWS

edit; To answer your question from the deleted thread, yes i was interested, depending on what price you were asking. I have seen your price on CL, and the car looks very nice, and i repeat GLWS.

marvinall

Veteran Member
TDI
Partial Diesel Fleet: 2002 Jetta Sedan, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI's, '02 Dodge 3/4T QCab Cummins/6 speed 4x4 Pickup....
If it’s as nice as it looks its worth $6000 to the right buyer imho. I know all you lowballers will hate on me for saying so. It’s a sellers market

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
the post rom craigslist is gone, he must have sold it fast

KurtK

Correct, sold to the first guy who looked at it for the asking price $5750. Maybe could have gotten more but it seemed like a fair deal to me and he was a good guy and a TDI guy.

Cheers!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Damn, in today's market you could've gotten $7k easy, especially with recent TB service. I'm kinda half-a$$ looking for ALH wagon, but with heated seats. Not sure if I wanna deal with '15 GSW anymore...

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
I live in Tacoma and I turned down someone offering 7k granted he was kicking tires.

My car is pretty clean 172k timing done. It does have a remanned trans with wavetreck LSD, new tires, custome built hid headlights, it is also the BEW which some people wont buy.

Personally, i would not take a penny less than 7k for that thing, it is clean manual alh wagon, the trueist unicorn of the mk4 TDI's