2003 Golf TDI 2 door for sale

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 2 dr 2003 Mojave Beige, ESP, CWP, Monsoon, 2003.5 console
PRICE REDUCED!!!! $14,900. Rare 2 door diesel, 5-speed manual trans., Monsoon sound, Mojave Beige exterior and black cloth interior, plus all the significant 2003 model year features including power windows (improved design), power heated mirrors, and a 100,000 mile timing belt interval. Consistent 50+ mpg (low/avg/hi is 50/52/54). All maintenance and records. Bone stock, adult driven. A very nice, fun, practical, and long lasting car. Private party, priced to sell as you can see. Call (410) 751-5562 after hours, (410) 309-1332 during work hours, bbechtel@qis.net

Galaneia

TDI
02 Golf blue
I have a couple of questions:

One of my parents had a black car for many years, and it used to bake. How hot does the black interior get in summer? Will wearing shorts be a problem?

I'm on the short side(5'3") so I was wondering if the seatbelts can adjust for that.

I'm looking for a car that will last forever (or at least 10+ years). You put a lot of miles on the car in a year, is there some thing that makes you particularly happy or unhappy with the car?

kptaylor

I can answer some of these... My wife is 5'2" and has no problem. Seat adjusts up and down in addition to forward and back. Seatbelt also adjusts up and down on car to accomodate taller/shorter people.

Excellent car that should last for you as long as you do the maintenance and stay a member here!

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
Galaneia: The seats are cloth, kind of like a denim material, beefy. Even though they can get hot they don't hold heat, so shorts in the summer is not a problem at all. I've done it many times. Happy, yes! Unhappy.... nope. A couple of things really stood out when I first started with the TDI. First, the gas mileage is incredible. The car is tight! And the car is quiet.

kptaylor: thx. for answering the seatbelt question for me. i should get you to sell it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is a pic.

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
I took that picture today over lunch down the road from where I work. Resolution is low, we don't want too much or it will be tough to load. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
Note that edits have been made to previous posts, superceded info. deleted.

Galaneia

TDI
02 Golf blue
I ran the VIN and there's a lien reported; will this affect the buyer in any way?

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
At this time the mileage is 27002. The lien only affects the buyer in that a lien release is needed to retitle it in addition to the title. I have already contacted the lien company about this. Within 24 hours they can process payment and FedEx the release. I did this same thing as a private party buyer on my wife's car that had a lien.

Bear

Veteran Member
TDI
Still for sale, still generating decent interest though... I am thinking that based on this a lot folks are on the fence on this one. I am thinking of dropping the price a bit, maybe a good bit. What do you guys think?