2002 NB: Stereo amp problem solved, odd beep and shut-off issue created?

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Hi all, I recently fixed a problem with an aftermarket stereo head going into a Monsoon system, and part of the fix was doing some rewiring in the fuse panel. I set fuse 32 (monsoon amp) to switched power, and ran hot power to the stereo via another hot fuse location.

The stereo works fine, however I am now noticing that sometimes when I turn off the ignition switch, the motor keeps running for a few moments before it turns off, and a single long beep happens, usually about the time I remove the key, but not always. I want to say it is a warning about the engine running for a moment with the ignition off, but I have no knowledge there is some diag that would do that, but am starting to look.

Is it possible there was more going on with fuse 32 than I thought? The only changes made are fuse 32 is now switched power, and another fuse, I forget which, which is hot, has a tap from it to the stereo providing memory voltage. I saw nothing that was loosened while I had the fuse block pulled out the side of the dash, and it doesn't always beep, nor does the engine always run for a split second longer than before when ignition was switched off. Thanks.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone? Sometimes it won't beep if the motor shuts down normally, but it always beeps when the ignition goes off (even if key is in or out), and then the motor cuts off a few moments after that.:confused:

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Bumping this. I have not been able to find any list that explains all the possible beeps and their causes. It sounds exactly like the "fuel light on" beep. Are these beep codes in the Bentley or similar book? I called a VW service dept here and the dude was clueless.

I've discovered if I turn the ignition switch off very slowly, it pretty much always turns off without incident, but who has time for that, lol.