2002 Jetta Electrical Relay Panel Diagram

ItsADiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
i DON'T need a fuse panel diagram. i need a relay panel diagram for the relays mounted under the dash. If anyone knows where i can get one that would be very helpful.
OR what would really help is if someone could tell me which relay controls the: interior lights/locking system/windows/security system.
Thanks guys!
-Fred-

alien_tdi

TDI
2002 golf
there is no main relay for lights,locking...
There is a 'comfort module' that controls all these things. A black box approx 4"X6"X1" below the headlight switch and behind the panel. I would suggest rechecking your fuses, specifically numbers 5,6,14,38.
Also a description of your failure would be helpful.
Good luck, Chris

rjohnston356

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Hey Chris,

I seem to be having a problem simlar to Fred's; no windows, no door locks, no sunroof, no interior lights and no trunk latch. I have checked the fuses and they are OK, can you tell me more about this "comfort module"?
I have removed the lower dash panel but do not see anything of this size. Must I remove the remainder of the trim to see it? Does it look like a relay and can it be tested?
Thanks,

Rick

ItsADiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
im having all the same problems as Rick. NO windows, locks, interior lights, sun roof, and no keyless entry. I have checked EVERY fuse in the fuse panel and they all look good. so if you could explain this "comfort module" im pretty sure ud help us BOTH out.
Thanks
-Fred-

alien_tdi

TDI
2002 golf

You will need to remove the black (or interior colored) knee trim and the metal behind it to access.
Do either of you have a test light or volt meter? if so, make sure you actually have power at those fuses i listed before.
Chris

ItsADiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
figured out what was wrong with mine. for some reason it just locked up on me, did a hard reset on the CCM and now everything is back to normal :)

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
I do know a lot of that stuff not working or working funny sometimes can be traced to the drivers side door lock. The switches ( there are 2 of them) start going bad and all kinds of crazy stuff happens. Mine is going bad right now and I am having trouble with the locks locking or unlocking right, interior lights not always working. I have bought a switch from radio shack 3$ and hope to pull the door apart and replace the switch. There is a write up sticky IIRR on here someplace on how to do it.

Mac The Diesel Junky

TDI
2004 VW Golf TDI
Which one is the relay C that everyone is telling me is the problem child with my keyless entry windows and locks? A 2004 by the way!

TDISuomi

TDI
Golf Variant 2002 1.9 TDI TrendLine Tiptronic
figured out what was wrong with mine. for some reason it just locked up on me, did a hard reset on the CCM and now everything is back to normal :)
Yeah care to tell us how you did a hard reset on the CCM?....:D The trunk for my 2002 Golf Variant is locked shut and won't open. The car locks and unlocks normally though. I was loading some stuff in the back of the car. I closed the trunk, and then when I was about to start unloading, the trunk wouldn't open.....I thought that maybe it might be that the lock is frozen(-1 C here in Finland)...but since it was working previously in freezing temperatures I don't know why it would all of the sudden get stuck....anyways....a lil help here will be much appreciated.....;)

Last edited:

midorialexandros

TDI
Jetta
I am having strange issues. I have posted on the vortex about it as well.

I got home tonight and noticed the 'alarm arm chirp' was not happening. Checked all the fuses 5,6,14,37,38 nothing. Cleaned them, swapped them out, nothing. At first when I started troubleshooting the issue I was able to use the keyfob and hit PANIC and I would see the flashing panic lights but no sound. As the night has progressed I am no longer getting any lights on the car when hitting panic, it does not respond. I also locked myself in the car and opened the door - nothing. No lights.

Hoping to 'reset the CCM' as a previous poster mentioned, I disconnected the battery. Nothing no changes.

I am concerned it is the CCM anyone have any other suggestions?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Hook up VCDS and do a scan, I suspect that you have a door switch thinking that i'ts in the open position while i'ts actually closed. When you open the drivers door , does the door and intrrior light come on? If not then your drivers doo lock micro switch is bad, search for a $3.00 door fix to fix it or you have to replace the door locking assy.

BTW what year is your car?

vwtothebone

TDI
Mk4
So i'm having the same problems, Vagcom says no communication with CCM.

Windows don't work.
Moonroof don't work.
Trunk don't work.
Interior lights don't work.

All fuses are working...

AAAHHHH, dont know what else to do.

vwtothebone

TDI
Mk4
Also, my key fab has no communication with the car. Nothing happens when i open, close or press the panic button. When i lock the doors from inside the car manually it opens right back for it self...