2000 golf ALH tuning deleting sensors

3baudios

Veteran Member
TDI
93 eurovan AHU (almost), 88Fummins, 01 alh golf, 91 toyota alh
Good morning all, I have owned my 2000 golf for over 10 years and 100,000 miles and I have loved every one of them (I know that's not a lot around here) having spent most of his life in New England my golf is rusty and tired, although the engine is very strong and I want to put it into something else. I have an MTDI AHU that is going into my Eurovan, but the pumps are getting harder to find, So I was thinking on the golfs motor I may try to keep the stock pump and just get rid of all the unnecessary sensors, the bare minimum. I have been digging around but haven't found any definitive answers. question is do I still need to go with a big name tuning company or since the car is so old now is there something you can do yourself through an app or something?

I love diesel swaps, here's my OBS f250 Cummins project

powermandan

TDI
ABL, AHU, AFN
There is a couple of groups on Facebook dedicated to T4 engine swaps. Lots of helpful people on there.

You can't really ditch any sensors from an E-VP37 install. You could run without a MAF but the tuning time and cost would far outweigh the difficulty of installing a MAF

You can ditch anti shudder, EGR that's about it.

Your question is hard to answer. I have been through it myself in the last year and basically had to learn to tune myself which is a steep learning curve and expensive. I'm in UK and no one is interested in tuning VP37 anymore. However you may be better off elsewhere. Find someone who can tune prior to doing the work!

If you fitted PD it would be easy to find a tuner.