2000 Audi A6 - CJAA TDI - 6 Speed Manual - AWD

nate0031

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
96 B4 Passat
After all the time, effort, and money I spent putting this car together, I am reluctant to list it for sale. With a new house, job, and child in the last couple years, I find myself simply short on time to make it as nice as planned.

This will be a long read, but I want to be thorough for anyone interested.

In short, this is the 2000 A6 I swapped a CJAA into. The chassis has 226,456 miles on it, the engine is a 2010 MY and has 101,718. The car runs and drives well and all but the cruise control works. Including the dual zone auto AC, gauges etc. It definitely has its flaws however.

This listing includes more than just the TDI Audi. I'm listing the TDI Audi as well as a 2003 Audi A6 with the 2.7t and 5 speed auto. It was purchased as a non running parts car without a title. I can provide a bill of sale, but no title to register the parts car and actually plate it.

So to be clear, this listing actually includes 2 cars.
- The TDI A6 (Blue) with a clear title
- A non running A6 (Silver) as a parts car with only a bill of sale.

If sold around asking price, both will be included as well as various upgrades I've yet to install. The main upgrades include a Whitbread 38 lb single mass flywheel, a 7 inch Android head unit, and a front mount intercooler to replace the two side mounts.

The Bad:

The drivers seat has two holes/cuts worn in the leather. The passenger seat has one. These are pictured below.

The windshield has a large crack along with a small chip on the passenger side, pictured below.

The E-Brake doesn't work.

The rearview mirror and passenger side mirror are cracked. Being that they are auto dimming, they are just constantly dark as a result. The donor car has replacements though. The donor car mirrors are also power folding.

There is rust on the doors, mainly the drivers side. The rust has eaten holes in the lower part of those doors. That is one of the primary reasons I purchased the donor car.

There is rust on the front fenders over the wheels. Two new fenders are included.

The check engine light is on for errors associated with the stock ECU.

The Good:

It's a common rail TDI, AWD A6. The only one I'm currently aware of.

Compared to the original engine where you could expect teens in the city and low 20's on the highway, this easily achieves around 30 strictly city and high 30's, low 40's on the highway, depending on speed and driving style.

It is setup for towing with a custum 2" receiver and a 7 blade RV style wiring connection. It is wired for a brake controller, and I used a Prodigy proportional controller when towing heavier than 1500 lbs.

It has the 2 Micron Pure Flow and Return filter setups on it to protect the stock CP4 fuel system. It also has a NAPA 3406 fuel filter/water separator as well as a NAPA 3674 fuel filter with spin on bases to protect the fuel system, in addition to the stock filter.

The ECU has a stage 2 Malone tune, 184 HP and 333 ft-lb at the crank.

The front control arms/bushings were all done about 15k miles ago.

Front and rear heated seats.

Memory drivers seat position, associated with key fobs.

7" custom touchscreen Android head unit with factory Bose amplifier system with subwoofer.

Power windows/locks and sunroof.

New headlights with Halogen projectors and LED perimeters.

Overall, the car just runs and drives as it should. I've put over 45,000 miles on it as my daily driver, and I just haven't had problems. I've had to do maintenance on the suspension, brakes etc due to age and mileage, but nothing due to the swap. It tows well, and I've pulled our tandem jet ski trailer a number of times, even on a 1,000 mile trip. It's also pulled a flat (unloaded) car trailer from Ohio to Texas. You hardly notice there's something behind you.

I had plans to swap the rear parking sensors from the donor car, the needed doors, and install the new fenders and then wrap the car. That's one of the big things I just haven't had time for, along with swapping to the nicer black interior.

The timing belt is due in a little over 15k. I have the upgraded flywheel as well, but not the associated clutch kit. That would need to be purchased to complete the clutch upgrade.

I'm asking $4,500. I can deliver the cars within a reasonable range for the cost of fuel.

While I would like to sell everything together, I may be willing to separate things depending on response. I may be willing to sell the engine, ECU, and associated parts to someone wanting essentially a turn key swap for a longitudinal VW group car etc.

I'll go ahead and let the pictures do some talking, and update this as things come to mind.

Last edited: