2 New Issues W/ The Golf

NOLA_TDI

Veteran Member
1) Driver Door Rarely Locks With The Key Fob, But All The Other Doors Lock. Also, If This Doesn't Have Anything To Do With It, But The Door Lock Switch (lock/unlock) On The Driver Door Rarely Works As Well. Thoughts?

2) New Check Engine Light, That Turns On 20-30 Seconds Into The Drive. Guess I Should Go To Autozone To Get The Code First.

Thought You Guys Might Have Some Thoughts. As For The First Problem, I Suppose It Could Be The Lock Module After Some Research, But Didn't Know If These Were The Simptoms.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Without more on the CEL like what actual code is coming up on a scan tool then we won't be able to help you any more on that one. I would check wiring on your door. Does the lights come on when you open that door. Does you window switches work on that door?

Canadian_Grizzly

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Nola my drivers door lock has been flakey for the last 400000km (no I didn't put too many zero's). I must press the unlock button twice and then the lock button and then the button will fully lock.

NOLA_TDI

Veteran Member
Yes, the driver-side window buttons work. Yes, the lights flash and the horn beeps. I will check the unlock twice, lock option. Thanks.