2 door Golf for 2014?

jrock

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Blue, Passat, 2012 Silver
Did VW stop selling the 2 door Golf for 2014? (Here is the States)

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Yes. 4 Door models only, and only in certain configurations. If you are planning to buy one I'd suggest a new 2013 on a lot anyway; as you get the better warranty on it.

jrock

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Blue, Passat, 2012 Silver
Thanks, very tempting, but I'm pinching every penny to get a RAM EcoDiesel

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
VW is offering 0% financing on TDIs for the 2013s as well, just in case it tempts you more ;)

0% APR on Every 2013 Volkswagen Model.
0% APR* for 60 months.
2013 Volkswagen models are available with financing as low as 0% APR for 60 months. So what are you waiting for?

*APR good on all new, unused 2013 Volkswagen models. Example: For 0% APR, monthly payment for every $1,000 you finance for 60 months is $16.67. APR offered to highly qualified customers on approved credit by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. No down payment required with approved credit. Not all customers will qualify for lowest rate.

trarmstrong

TDI
Mazda3 5-door
God its killing me because a local dealer has a 2013 but won't lower it but only $1000 below MSRP ($27,300) and told me any lower i couldn't do 0%.

what should i do?

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
I know nothing about your dealerships there; just posting one example of a better-priced car ;)

My point was; you have more than one dealer so start e-mailing and get them working against each other on price. One will be more interested in a sale, guaranteed. Especially if you wait about 2 weeks and they still have 2013s on their lots around the 28th-29th of December :D

trarmstrong

TDI
Mazda3 5-door
Would it be best to buy a 2013 thats been sitting for nearly a year or buy a 2014....

How about a 2013 CPO with 11,000 Miles: asking price $22,500?

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
CPO would be fine if the price is good; just be sure to compare CPO to new with equivalent equipment packages (you can't compare a Sun/nav package at $27K against a base model at $22K for example).

One sitting for a year won't have any real issues; just be sure to test drive it in case the tires got flat spots or anything like that.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sticker on my option-free 2012 was $25K. It's pretty easy to get $1,500-2K off that, especially at year-end. With those numbers in mind a used car for $22K doesn't seem like much of a deal, and if I were spending that much money I'd want new, all the warranty, know how it's driven, etc.

Two-door Golfs are great. Having driven Sportwagens for comparison it appears that the Golf tuning is different. The car pulls harder from low revs and is less likely to stall. I think its lighter weight (about 300 lbs. less than a JSW) allows more tuning flexibility.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I agree that the Golf feels different from the JSW. I get behind the wheel of the Golf and it starts whipering in my ear that we need to have some fun. If I drove it everyday instead of the JSW, I know I would have some tickets.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Widen your search radius...

I live in southwest MN and the only Golf TDI the local 70 mile away dealer has is a 2013 4 door w/DSG, but they've dropped the asking price to $24k. But I've found 3 '13 TDI 2 doors within 350 miles, was offered one for $22,345. Also a '12 for $21,500, but I suspect it's a lemon law repurchase or something, dealer's "splainin'" don't make sense.

trarmstrong

TDI
Mazda3 5-door
Dealer's suck. If a car company sold cars online at fixed Invoice-like prices, delivered directly to your house with mobile mechanics on call that could fix it in your driveway or take to their repair center, it would be so much easier.

Dealerships can make or break a car company's image.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
CPO's are a racket...

The typical CPO was bought new by a big fleet for 20% off list or so. They run it for a year or two, then wholesale it for what they paid for it and the dealer marks it up to 10% under list. To keep the market inflated they don't discount new cars worth a darn which makes the 10% off list for a CPO look like a good deal. That's essentially the business plan of the dealers around here.

deserthi

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6 spd Man
I started to look for a 2014 and doing some research. Well, as you all know there are no two doors offered in 2014 but.....mid 2014 there is an all new tdi coming as an early 2015 model. New engine, body, interior, longer length by 2" and a bit wider. I will be holding on to my 2010 until then because the reviews from the people that have them in other parts of the world are real good.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/10/2015-volkswagen-golf-tdi-first-drive/index.htm

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
The A6 now vs. wait for A7 debate...

From what I've been able to find, the A7 will get 2-3 MPG better highway and 3-5 MPG better city, and interior space will be about the same. And if you want a 2 door, the leftover 2013s may be your last chance. My personal figuring is that an A6 for 10% or more off MSRP is the better deal, and I'm dickering on a few.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Yes, but no full size spare, no IRS, stop/start technology, interior in pictures I've seen looks like it uses less expensive materials. Brand new engine which could be better, but who knows? And US market cars will be assembled in Mexico instead of Germany, if that matters to you.

I like the look of the MKVII (it's not an A7, btw) and I like them. But I'm happy to keep my MKVI. I'm buying out the lease this month so it'll really be mine.

No More Buffalo

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2015 Golf SEL 6m Sold: 2012 Golf 2dr DSG
I agree that the Golf feels different from the JSW. I get behind the wheel of the Golf and it starts whipering in my ear that we need to have some fun. If I drove it everyday instead of the JSW, I know I would have some tickets.
I've managed to avoid that....somehow. Only gotten pulled once and he had me dead to rights... (71 in a 55)...luckily he was in a good mood!

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
Yes, but no full size spare, no IRS, stop/start technology, interior in pictures I've seen looks like it uses less expensive materials. Brand new engine which could be better, but who knows? And US market cars will be assembled in Mexico instead of Germany, if that matters to you.

I like the look of the MKVII (it's not an A7, btw) and I like them. But I'm happy to keep my MKVI. I'm buying out the lease this month so it'll really be mine.
I think the MKVI will be a classic design down the road. Like the MKIV is to me.

Billion003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf
The 2 door Golf looks so much better than the 4 door. And for someone 6'5" 2 doors have larger doors that are better for entry/exit. Very disappointing. I have a 2 door and would hesitate to buy the next gen 4 door. Again, very disappointing.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
There is a 2-door MKVII Golf. It just appears that VW isn't building the MKVI 2-door this year as they finish up production. The new 2-door looks great.

atsffan

TDI
2013 Golf United Grey 6M 2 doors, no waiting.
TRArmstrong: Check the build date on the inside door jamb on the driver's side. That'll give you an idea of how long it's been sitting - add a month to the build date and that's about when he received it.
I pointed that out when I was negotiating my wife's New Beetle and at that point the salesman knew that I knew how long the car was on the lot. Negotiations went much faster after that.
If that doesn't make him modify his pricing, just walk away. If you show any further interest, he'll know you'll be back and caving in on his price.
You always gotta be willing to walk away if they're not dealing. Very few cars are worth taking the dealer's "final price" if it's not within a few hundred dollars of your best offer.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.

Indigo, are you sure about no IRS on the MKVII, I thought that VW was going IRS with all Golf and Jetta cars.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I've read that VW has gone back to the beam axle/trailing arms on the lower power versions of the MKVII, including the TDI. IRS will be available on some models.