1995 Ranger/B4000 TDI Swap

RamblingswithRyan

TDI
Future Ranger TDI
Following this thread! I love engine swaps and want to do a TDI in a ranger sometime. For now I have to content myself with a factory diesel 1983 ranger. It just doesn't have the power of a TDI though.
Glad to have ya here! I’ve been lacking in my posts lately. In real time, I just got the engine running, drivetrain is all together, and I am finishing up the list of small things that slows these kinds of projects down.

Yeah those little Perkins diesels don’t have a whole lotta go, but those trucks are definitely cool. The 1983 would be pretty similar to my 94/95 since the frame and suspension is similar, if not identical.

Mozambiquer

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI
Glad to have ya here! I’ve been lacking in my posts lately. In real time, I just got the engine running, drivetrain is all together, and I am finishing up the list of small things that slows these kinds of projects down.

Yeah those little Perkins diesels don’t have a whole lotta go, but those trucks are definitely cool. The 1983 would be pretty similar to my 94/95 since the frame and suspension is similar, if not identical.

Here's some photos of it.