130/150 bhp TDI

TDIsmokin

Veteran Member
Gimme a break,most of us who live in North America would sell our mother's inheritance , maybe our mother herself to get the car you have now. 110hp w/6speed.
130-150hp is just a pipe dream in Canada and the US and if it does come it will be so expensive that I'll stick with my lowly 90hp engine.
Claude
I hope you guys get these cool engines , we just get to dream, WETT dreams.

------------------
TDIsmokin
Claude

I am an elitist. I drive a TDI!!

ridley8

Has anyone got any news on this engine. I read in a uk car magazine earlier this year that it was due out end of this year. Subsequent enquiries have revealed that it may be going into production in week 36 (ie first week of September).
Does anyone have details and whether it will only be avaialable with 4motion (yet another rumour)

Any news would be gratefully recieved.

Ridley 8
Golf TDI 115 pd 6 speed

Youry

Veteran Member
The only official thing is that the AUDI A3 2001 model will have the new 130 HP TDI pum Duse engine. This is true and is on the AUDI web site (in german). Check www.audi.de

------------------
Youry
TDI-110HP boosted to 140HP VW GOLF 4 Belgian owner

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
hsmit, this is not correct. The 115hp (and 130hp) Euro engines uses a totally different fuel injection system with a separate unit injector for each cylinder, whereas we have a central distributor-type pump. The cylinder head is different because of the unit injectors. The electronics are different because the unit injectors use a timed solenoid for each injection much like a gas-engine EFI system, whereas we have the displacement and timing servo signals for the injection pump. I think you get the idea...

The engines are the "same" only up to the cylinder block. And even inside that, the pistons are different - lower compression ratio.

Brian P.
'96 Passat TDI

hsmit

They make engine perfomance enhancement chips for the 115 engine in germany that will take it to 145 base hp. My question is if I use3 this chip on my 90hp jetta 2000 would I also get 145HP. From what I understand they are both 1.9l engines. the only difference being the chip and 6 gears.

can anyone help me..???

Podder

I have had production of the 150 bhp / 300 lb/ft torque Golf IV TDi confirmed as also week 36. I imported a 115 6 speed last year from Holland and the dealer will be receiving my order again shortly for the 150! The Highline spec 150 will be available as a 4 motion in Holland but not the GTi spec which suggests the UK will not get the 4 motion. Spec differences are Xenon headlamps, Recaro interior, lowered suspension and 16" BBS alloys. Can't wait!!

Keep us posted Podder, I would be very keen to get my hands on this piece of kit if it's better than the PD 115.
On your PD 115, how long did it take to get the car after you put the order in.

Thanks

Youry

Veteran Member
sorry but I do not believe that the 150 hp version is being produced on week 36, we would know about it.

Youry

------------------
Youry

Alek

Veteran Member
300 lbs/ft torque? Hm
I always thought that 150 hp PD TDI has 236 lbs/ft.

Besides none of major VW Euro dealers advertise such model. Period.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Actually, 320 Nm, which works out to 236 lb/ft, as Alek said. However I believe the new 150 hp PD-TDIs are detuned to 310 Nm, but I'm not sure about this. My understanding was the early 150 hp PD-TDI that was introduced at the Frankfurt Auto Showlast year had some reliability problems, therefore delayed somewhat, and a revised one with the reduced torque was presented by VW in an engine symposium in Vienna in early May (scroll down and find the caption entitled, "The New Developed 1,9l 110 kW TDI Unit-Injector Engine from Volkswagen"

Podder

Ok Guys... so you don't believe me!

I have placed my deposit, production starts week 36, I should have delivery 1.1.2001.

I'd share my source with you, but I think I'll keep this dealer to myself

Youry

Veteran Member
OK, to believe you, I will nead to phone to the dealer myself, give us the phone number and I will call...

Thanks...

Youry

------------------
Youry

colinstone

Veteran Member
Yep - the 150 is on its way. Spoke to my dealer today about my 115 on order - gets built 20 Sep 00 and he confirmed that it is on for week 36. Tax free in NL is HFl 42,500 for 3 door LHD Highline and that includes Xenon lights and 16" alloys. Add HFl 2775 for RHD and probably some other bits like interior alarm for UK. Base 115 Highline is Hfl 33,400. Also, and I know you won't be intrested, but 150 bhp 1.8 Turbo is being dropped and replaced by 170 bhp V5 2.3 litre.

------------------
MY2000 UK Golf IV GT TDI 110 bhp plus Tuning Box. Canyon Red/Beige
leather. All the toys.
MY2000 VW Lupo 1.4S. Flash Red/Grey trim. Most toys - growl at idle, howl at full throttle.

S

SkyPup

Dr.-Ing. A. Schmidt, Dipl.-Ing. D. Neyer, Dipl.-Ing. R. Dorenkamp, Dr.-Ing. S. Röpke, VW AG, Wolfsburg:

The New Developed 1,9l 110 kW TDI Unit-Injector Engine from Volkswagen

But Hey, the Main address looks even better:

Dr. F. Piech, President of the Board, VW AG, Wolfsburg:

Engine Technology at Volkswagen

Any TDI news he announces here would be great, especially since he has publically stated that he would like to see VW-AUDI win LeMans with Diesel powered racers before he retires!

Youry

Veteran Member
Wow Collinstone,

Am I getting this right, you are indeed telling me that this 150 TDI HP will get released this year and produced in September of this year ? Please confirm as i can't believe it. Its still the 1.9 liter engine, the one presented in frankfurt last year ?

Gosh, I am peeing in my pants...

------------------
Youry

EricR

Something I noticed...
Year 1 90 HP
Year 2 115 HP 30 % increase.
Year 3 150 HP 20 % increase.
DO YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN that happens???? Never. I have never heard of a manufacture having double digit increases to power in successive years? Any body got any idea why this would be happening?

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
It´s not that fast if you look over the pond:
1991 Intro of the 1.9 TDI in Audi 80
1994 Intro of this eng. with a little bit more torque (202Nm vs. 182Nm before) in the Golf III
1996 Intro of 110 hp version in Audi A4, later Golf III
1999 Intro of 115 hp version in Bora first, later Golf due to demand
I guess:
2001 Intro of 130 hp version
(all dates are as I remember them right now, not 100% sure)

Who will bet against me ? I put my money (near equivalent of 10 Euro in YOUR currency) on 130hp in 2001 in the Golf, NOT 150hp. Because some already seem to have more information, 3:1 seems fair ... only first opponent is in.
Come on, who says 150hp in 2000 in the Golf ?

Youry

Veteran Member
Woosh, I would certainly not bet anyhting for the 150 Hp, two persons in the world seem to have this info and they are in this forum in this thread, but two persons out of 5 billion is not much, so I put 0 US$ on 150HP, I do agree that we should see soon the 130hp just realeased for tha AUDI A3 in the GOLF 4, and probably in 2001 like you say.

Who says something else,

Youry

------------------
Youry

ridley8

The 150 TDI is definately coming. I have just received a call from a Dutch dealer who I bought my current car from who wants to sell me one. Week 36 is start production date.

Also info in Autocar (Uk car mag) has half a page on VW's future TDI programme. They say 150 due out by end of year with 236lb torque.

All I need to do know is try and find out whether uk will get Highline or GTi spec (4 motion not of interest- luggage compartment too small + more to go wrong in later life ie higher service costs).

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
I never said it is NOT coming (somewhen ...). But I doubt it is coming that early.
You see I have my G40 for a long time now - and it was coming from 1990 onwards ... delivered in April 1992.
VW is great at making promises ... they deliver, but when ...
The V8 TDI was promised for nearly 4 years to go into production soon !

How long do I have to wave my money ?

The_Moose

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora 2000 Blue-Anthrazit
In my favorite car magazine which I receive every week there is a table with release dates for new cars.

Until now the release date and the specs for the super-TDI have changed several times. For a long time they said the 150hp TDI was to be released in june 2000. Starting last may they reduced it and said that a 130hp TDI was going to be released in August 2000. Then in July they said it was going to be a 130hp in December 2000.

In the last issue they suddenly changed the date back to September 2000 and also the hp rating went back to 150hp. They must have had a good source to change to a date this soon !

I guess we're going to see the 150hp TDI very soon now and I think I'll bet you a Heineken that it will be a 150hp !

Greetings,
The Moose.
'00 Bora 115hp.

"Who's General Failure ? And why is he reading my disk ?"

The_Moose

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora 2000 Blue-Anthrazit
In AUTOWEEK magazine !

------------------
The_Moose,
'00 Bora TDI-PD, Blue-Anthracit, C'line, 6-Speed Manual, Clima, ASR, CD & CD-Changer, 34.000 km.