12 Passat tdi se. Fuel tank.

Ciao998Duc

TDI
2012 Passat tdi se
So just bought the wife a buyback, was curious if for these cars that have been sitting if I would need to add an additive to the fuel tank? Seen some horror stories.

many other advice what to prevent would be appreciated 👍🏼
John

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Additives are a personal choice to use and when. More important is to use a station that has a high turnover of fuel. Most larger stations will do or truck stops if close to you. Fresh fuel is good fuel. Cold climates especially can use an anti gel when cold. I am in Texas and use diesel that has a small percent bio in it. I use no other additives (tried many though). Some are very vocal about using one and others never even think of using any. In the end it is up to you. Plenty of threads here touting using everything under the sun available and then some.

Ciao998Duc

TDI
2012 Passat tdi se
Thank you lightflyer1!!

Sounds like for now I’ll just get some good fuel and run her. I am a former vw tech, but I haven’t touched one in 14 years 🤣 and I’m quite out of touch.
But man is this a nice car, just want it to be right 👍🏼👍🏼
John

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
If you use a good filter, you shouldn't need to do anything. You may want to change it a little more often for a couple of cycles, but that would be it.