11mm pump

russman

TDI
02 Jetta summer 00 Jetta winter wife's 04 Jetta
Have for sale a 11mm injection pump came off a stock automatic with 250000km . Looking to get 450 for pump, pick up only
Curious about the pump. Im in Brantford as well, did you find a significant improvement in power over the stock .I was going to wait till I do the tb to jump into one. Was going add lift pump first . Thoughts ?

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Russman, do some research. Nozzles are usually first on mk 4. Biggest bang for the buck. I am not sure what if any help a lift pump would be on a mk 4......:confused: good luck. Tons of info in the website for upgrades...happy searching

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Russman, do some research. Nozzles are usually first on mk 4. Biggest bang for the buck. I am not sure what if any help a lift pump would be on a mk 4......:confused: good luck. Tons of info in the website for upgrades...happy searching
Liftpump is great when you've got a big pump, nozzles and a turbo to use all that fuel :)

But in a stock car? waste of $$$.

russman

TDI
I'm currently running balaned dlc 520's vnt 17, upgraded smic, kerma tune arp head studs and south Bend stage 2 cluch 5 th gear swap installing race pipe n EGR delete in the spring when I get her out and considering upgrading to 17/16 this year as well. So thought a 11mm pump and lift pump would be next step.

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I'm currently running balaned dlc 520's vnt 17, upgraded smic, kerma tune arp head studs and south Bend stage 2 cluch 5 th gear swap installing race pipe n EGR delete in the spring when I get her out and considering upgrading to 17/16 this year as well. So thought a 11mm pump and lift pump would be next step.
You need bigger nozzles... R520s.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Agreed.

But then you will NEED a lift pump.
Not exactly. A lift pump helps responsiveness and likely reducing strain on the IP, but guys were putting big nozzles on TDIs a long time before the lift pump retrofit became popular

russman

TDI
Thanks I could upgrade nozzles and put these on winter beater . Without going to the extreme what nozzles do you recommend for my set up looking forward. Bill?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Thanks I could upgrade nozzles and put these on winter beater . Without going to the extreme what nozzles do you recommend for my set up looking forward. Bill?
If you're thinking about a 17/26, I really wouldn't go any less then R520s. You can never have enough fuel. If you've got too much your tuner can take care of that.

As for the liftpump, I found it really woke the car up in the higher rpms with my old setup (11mm pump, R520s, 1756, 28psi tune) on my 99.5

russman

TDI
Thanks Bill sounds good just hope it all stays together. When the cars hot seams to smoke a bit more than I think it should. Especially at idle. With a half million klicks you think it's rings or maby this 1 year old vnt 17 kkk?

russman

TDI
Maby I can have a look this weekend ?
PM sent

Last edited: