10,000 mile service

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
So anyway.....since so many note their services.

Went in and asked the service writer what oil they used for my vehicle. She said she wasn't sure (not good). The other service writer spoke up real quick "Castrol 507 synthetic".

He pointed to a bottle. O.K.

I was there a little under an hour. Said the front brakes were 10 and the rear 7 and all was good to go.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Did you get a partial bottle of oil when you left? Did you check the engine oil yourself to make sure they filled it to the correct level?

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Thanks. Today is my daughters birthday and I was in a bit of a rush so I forgot to ask for the bottle but I did check the level and it was good.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
Most service writers don't know anything about cars. One time when I picked up my jetta from service the SW said "Oh, I didn't know your car was a diesel!"

Who you really want to talk to is the person working on ur car.

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
=Willy

...........Who you really want to talk to is the person working on ur car.
I've always had the same tech--from day one. All via appointments--and when I brought it in one one occasion, the service writer indicated that the tech had the day off--I said I'd come back tomorrow. I even asked and received the tech's e-mail address, so I alert him that I am coming in..and yes I do speak with him, directly, every time..

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I've always had the same tech--from day one. All via appointments--and when I brought it in one one occasion, the service writer indicated that the tech had the day off--I said I'd come back tomorrow. I even asked and received the tech's e-mail address, so I alert him that I am coming in..and yes I do speak with him, directly, every time..
This is certainly the best set up if you can work it out. I used to work at this dealership but the mechanics have mostly been turned over since then.

The Service Manager was hired about the same time I was and I worked with him for years so I have that.

I was actually hired in sales and he was hired as a lot boy. This was 25 years ago. He has worked his way up to service manager. I also know the owner. LOL