09 TDI TSBs

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Timely postings of all the TSB's is a great idea. Kudo's on a good and useful thread.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Seriously though, read the TSBs he posted, they are nothing wrong with the car.... Carry on as they say worry less, drive more..;-)

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Yes, these TSBs are not to address any problems, only to provide additional information for either clarity purposes or to ease customer concerns of normal operating conditions.

DoctorDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta Loyal Edition
Well, 2 of these aren't even TSBs, and the one that is is a 'this isn't a problem' type.

Much as I love the idea of posting all TSBs in one place (and I do), you should note that these are copyrighted by VW, which means reproduction is illegal.

To avoid this problem, it would be better to simply summarize the TSBs, with reference numbers. Anybody who has a similar-sounding problem can then request a copy from any stealership.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Sip'n Diesel said:
*** TSBs already?!?! :confused:
Hah!

Back when I used to work for GM, we had to inform dealers to perform multiple recalls during the PDI process of new vehicles still on the truck.

I'm WNY PAT

Veteran Member
Wow - a little GM bashing. Better check those Consumer Reports or JD Power quality rankings. My last couple GM vehicles were the best I ever owned... tires, brakes and belts - and damn good service departments (one Chevrolet and one GMC). Going in for the 10K service on the VW soon - so we'll see how they stack up these days.

jayson9

Veteran Member
TDI
I have experienced the 3rd one with the cooling fan. Came home from work one day and parked the car in the garage. Got out and started in the house. Noticed the fans running like crazy! Went back and turned on ignition to view temp and all was o.k.. But the fans kept running!!. So I started up the car thinking that a "quirky" computer issue was occuring (i.e. like the sunroof not finding its home position problem sometimes and has to be reset to the correct pos). Drove around the block, and turned off the car. The fan did not run anymore once shut off.

Nice to know that it was not a quirky issue with the computer......

CRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
Any new TSB,s or recalls for the '09 TDI ? I Have seen a couple of posts with complaints of rattles in the driver's "B" pillar/door area. Going to the Stealer tomorrow to try and get this and a sunroof closing issue resolved in the wife's car(only 1400 miles).

Looks like the headliner might have to come down for the sunroof issue. I'm not getting a nice warm and fuzzy feeling from the Stealer. I'm pretty sure they're going to screw something up.

Wish me luck....Any bets on what gets destroyed first? I'm betting on the headliner first and the "B" pillar cover second.

Last edited:

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
jayson9 said:
I have experienced the 3rd one with the cooling fan. Came home from work one day and parked the car in the garage. Got out and started in the house. Noticed the fans running like crazy! Went back and turned on ignition to view temp and all was o.k.. But the fans kept running!!. So I started up the car thinking that a "quirky" computer issue was occuring (i.e. like the sunroof not finding its home position problem sometimes and has to be reset to the correct pos). Drove around the block, and turned off the car. The fan did not run anymore once shut off.

Nice to know that it was not a quirky issue with the computer......
This has been addressed--repeatedly--in this section. Anyone who owns an '09 will encounter this, over, and over, and over.

alnmike

Veteran Member
TDI
CRTDI, you know where this rattle is in the B pillar? Something is buzzing on the passenger side and I havent been able to pinpoint it. Sunroof rattle has survived 3 trips to the dealer so far, I will take it 30 times if I have to.

Edit: I just read the Alaska Lemon laws, if a problem hasnt been fixed after 3 times, I can get a refund or replacement, I bet this will get them to replace my entire roof if need-be, it really is annoying me that much.

Last edited:

CRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
alnmike, Took the car to the Stealer yesterday, test drove with a tech to try and duplicate sunroof closing issue and the "B" pillar rattle. Of course the sunroof opened, closed and tilted without a hitch, so that will be a big fat CND. However another rattle reared it's ugly head on the test ride in the rear of the headliner, so it still has to come out. The "B" pillar rattle is so annoyingly obvious that a lengthy test ride wasn't required.

The Service Advisor called back today and said the headliner rattle is resolved and is back up. However they were still trying to isolate where the "B" pillar noise is emanating from and would like to keep the car until next week to have a Service Engineer look at it. I'm thinking that there may be a door mount/body assembly issue within the cavity of the pillar assembly. The rattle has a very metallic sound to it. So far the Service Manager, Advisor and Tech have been very pleasant to deal with. And they have put my wife in a Rabbit gasser loaner for now.

It will be interesting to see how this issue will be resolved.

Last edited:

alnmike

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice, wish my state had loaners, I think im just going to have to raise hell until they let me borrow one of their pre-owned cars for a week. Let me know when you get it fixed, I can bring that info in to the dealer as well.

CRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
Finally got the car back from the Stealer today. The "B" pillar rattle issue was addressed by filling the cavity with expandable foam after no help when replacing some electrical wiring clips and both upper and lower r/h rear door hinges. No rattle heard on the drive home. The sunroof closing issue was addressed by replacing some operating cable clips that were missing from the factory. Haven't been able verify the fix due to rain currently in my area.

A lot of damages occurred in this visit. The headliner and the "B" pillar trim cover as suggested previously, plus the drivers door sill area, the rh rear door and the steering wheel.

ALL of the damaged items were replaced/rectified before I picked up the car with the exception of the steering wheel(awaiting parts of course).

Last edited:

CRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
More than just trim pieces were damaged. The rh rear door hinge replacements were out-sourced to a local body shop, they damaged the lwr drivers sill area (scratched paint) and the rh rear door (dent). The areas were repaired and repainted. My Stealer gave me and unconditional life time warranty (in writing) for these repairs.

Needless to say, I was pissed to find out about the body shop damage. However, the Service Advisor was upfront in disclosing what had happened and took care of it. I inspected the repainted areas closely. I'm no paint/body expert, but I can usually pick up repainted areas on a car fairly easy. I can't really find any evidence of these repairs. Appears to be a quality job, time will tell though.

The rattle in the rear of the headliner was supposedly cured by re-securing the rear interior overhead light assembly, and installing some anti-rattle tape ? Although not as loud as remembered, I think I still hear this rattle.

Sure is tough trying to get warranty items fixed.