'05 Golf badge placement

nogassershere

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf TDI, '00 Jetta TDI(SOLD), '84 Rabbit 5sp NA(SOLD), 06 Jetta TDI(SOLD)
I am re-badging a previousely de-badged '05 Golf. Can anybody get me some measurements from the glass down to the top left corner of the T and from the centerline of VW emblem to the same top left corner of the T?

Also, would a BORA emblem be period correct for the '05? If so, I have yet to find a source for it. I got the TDI emblem from fleabay but did not see the BORA.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
nogassershere said:
I am re-badging a previousely de-badged '05 Golf. Can anybody get me some measurements from the glass down to the top left corner of the T and from the centerline of VW emblem to the same top left corner of the T?

Also, would a BORA emblem be period correct for the '05? If so, I have yet to find a source for it. I got the TDI emblem from fleabay but did not see the BORA.
Bora would be period-correct for a MkIV 2005 (not 2005.5) Sedan (Jetta) chassis, however not for a hatchback chassis.

nogassershere

Veteran Member
TDI
My mistake, did the '05 golf carry a different designation in europe?

nogassershere

Veteran Member
TDI
Anybody with MKV golf want to chime in w/some measurements?

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Are you sure that's a Mk V Golf? North America got a Mk V Rabbit (no TDI versions). 05 TDI Golf would be a Mk IV.

nogassershere

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmmmm.........lemme check....
'05 Golf TDI mfg date 11/04 in Brazil
Guess I thought it was a MKV because I have seen others on here described that way, and the front end is nothing like my '00 Jetta TDI, which is a MKIV. Either way, my new TDI emblem should be in any day, Just thought I would get it right the first time........... don't want to mis-represent!!