03 Jetta Wagon Rebuild...

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
Since I lost the last thread when server crashed figured I would make another.

I purchased this a few weeks ago from KFIR on here. Car was hit rather hard in the driver side a-pillar. If this wasn't a tdi, or a car I wanted for myself i would not have purchased the car. Honestly, most would have probably parted her out.

Car info: 2003 Jetta wagon gls tdi. Just about as loaded as you could get that year. Approx. 175k. Very clean underneath, previous southern car.

Onto the pics, going to try and take pics of it at the bodyshop today, car is currently pulled and waiting for me to drop off new a-pillar/rocker section.

These are from previous owners thread:

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
with door test fitted, BEFORE going to bodyshop...

as I said in first post, I will try and get pics of the pillar and rocker cut out and new panels installed :D

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
no salvage title, the bodyshop is going to replaced the a-pillar section which comes with the rocker. car drives straight, no frame damage. i actually put a tierod in it and drove it about 15 miles to shop. lol. little bit of a breeze on my leg but tracks straight :p

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
latest pics.. should have the car back in my possession Saturday. At that point I will do some mechanical tidbits to make sure she ready to go back on the road :D

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
i got the car back from the body shop about a week ago. haven't done much since. still needs a new windshield. also needs the interior trims replaced that were damaged in accident. (have them all, just not motivated at moment, lol) the votex bumper and badgeless grill are going to be removed for time being and stock replacements installed. the bumper does nothing for car with out porper stance and wheels and well, i can't afford either at moment so.. stock it will be for a while. before it actually goes back on the road it will also have timing belt, water pump, etc replaced and have lifters checked for wear...

here is the only pic I have taken since it's return from bodyshop:

tightgroup

TDI
Jetta 03
Nice and thank you for saving a great wagon! Do not get discouraged and keep up the great work and please keep posting the pics.

I just love the 03 wagons

./TG