03 Jetta ALH wont boost.

ChunkyAlmond

TDI
2003 Jetta
Hello all, I've recently purchased an 03 Jetta ALH TDI. It's got 287k miles.

I bought it for cheaper as the previous owner said it had a boost leak. He says it was boosting fine and then one day during driving it stopped boosting.

So far what I've done:
Replaced N75, replaced MAF, replaced actuator as old one was not holding any vacuum. (Note: when installing new actuator, the connecting rod to the vanes was able to move freely with relative ease)
The turbo spools and whistles great and sounds healthy, but I'm at a loss for what it could be now.

The car has an EGR delete, Kerman race pipe with Pd150 intake and a Kerma intercooler.

My thought now is the MAP sensor could be bad, but idk. I plan on replacing all vacuum lines from pump to N75 etc but I cannot see any damages or hear leaks.

I am at a loss for now and any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

AgentE

TDI
MK6 Jetta
sounds like you have a lose connector somewhere. I would carefully inspect all charge tubes and connections.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
These turbos don’t sound to loud unless you have a boost leak or a modified exhaust system. Look for a leak, the pipes behind the front passenger tire and headlight, make sure there are no loose connections. Check the intercooler for cracks from a parking curb hit. Check the boost hoses on top also. That hard plastic pipe make sure the power steering pulley hasn’t worn a hole in it.

ChunkyAlmond

TDI
2003 Jetta
These turbos don’t sound to loud unless you have a boost leak or a modified exhaust system. Look for a leak, the pipes behind the front passenger tire and headlight, make sure there are no loose connections. Check the intercooler for cracks from a parking curb hit. Check the boost hoses on top also. That hard plastic pipe make sure the power steering pulley hasn’t worn a hole in it.
It's a full straight pipe but on the exhaust side of the turbo there is an exhaust leak.

ChunkyAlmond

TDI
2003 Jetta
sounds like you have a lose connector somewhere. I would carefully inspect all charge tubes and connections.
Just don't know where. The Pd150 intake had a hole for a boost gauge inlet which wasn't plugged so there was a leak there.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Check and plug/fix all known leaks and all that you find.