02511 Right airbag fault and light

RicMck

TDI
2006 Jetta Mk5 4 door sedan
Hi Today I removed and replaced a bunch of fuses to determine a good circuit that is only "on" when the car is on to install some LED DRL. After that I got Airbag light and a #02511 fault code. The fault code is 02511 Seat occupied module. No one was in the seat. And I tried sitting in the seat and the code & light are still on positive. I cleaned the 3 connectors at the floor, checked #3 fuse, and the code will not stay cleared.

Is it the wires under the seat or the module How do I determine if it is the module?

If it's the module, is it OK to get a used one? If yes does the dealer need to calibrate it after I put it in?

Tomorrow I will remove the seat and check the continuity of the wires from the floor connector to the module. Are there specific precautions I need to take to be sure I don't deploy the seat airbag?

Are there any known issues with the wiring from the floor connectors forward? If yes here should I look and how can I check them?

Thanks.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
So you removed fuses with the ignition on? If so you likely just need to reset the airbag light with vcds.

RicMck

TDI
Yes I did remove and reinstall the fuse. I tried several times to reset it, without success. I can clear the light - code, but upon engine restart it comes back on☹. I'm not using a Ross tech scan tool, so that might be the issue. I'm going to order a Ross tech scan tool.

I'm going to run a full system scan this morning. I'm worried that it maybe a wiring issue. The car has had 2 rodent issues in it's past life. One under the hood, with a pile of hood insulation in the right side under the windshield between the EMC, and the hood hinge.

Is there a way to test the Seat Occupied Module?

I read one post stating they found wiring a problem in this area that was fixable.

Last edited:

RicMck

TDI
The fault code is 25 11 with 2faults:
"fault in circut" #2511. Does that mean imply bad wiring?
The other fault. System control module "implausible signal".

Does anyone have any recommendations?

RicMck

TDI
FIXED😁👍. I removed the seat and plugged and unpluged all the connections. Put it back together, erased the code and all is now good.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Sometimes. Guys have eliminated the yellow connector and instead of the connector, soldered and shrink tubed the wires. That fixes some of the airbag code problems. Just disconnect the battery when working on wiring...especially airbag wiring.