Search results

1. N

Vw t5 tuning

Hi guys Looking to replace my current daily Passat with a vw t5, can anyone tell me about what is possible?? From what I've read not many people have pushed the engines much past 250hp, is there much difference in the engines to other tdis? How strong are the bottom ends? Any info appreciated
  2. N

Vr6 originally a tdi?

Hi guys I have read a few times on the Internet that the VR six engine was originally designed to be a diesel is there any truth behind this? does anybody know any more about it? thanks joel
  3. N

Gtb2056vl on passat b5.5 awx

Hi guys, interested in this swap for my daily passat, are these turbos easily available and what manifold would be best for the swap? Thanks joel
  4. N

I need to lose a second, 1/4 mile times

Hi Guys, Just wanted your input with how i can improve my 1/4 mile times. The 1st run was a 2nd gear start that went very wrong where the car bogged down for some reason so after that i used 1st gear for all. The car is a stripped mk2 golf with 02m, peloquin lsd, toyo 888r tyres, and 2260vk...
  5. N

Mk2 Golf gti with PD TDI conversion (UK)

Its pretty much time to sell my mk2 now. Reason for selling, just moving house and want to put the money towards finishing my mk1 before i get too old. The car is a 90 spec pearl grey 3 dr in good condition. This is the Grant Parker built mk2 for anyone that remembers it. Since I have had it I...
  6. N

something interesting on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfOF43jOMS8&feature=related Not seen this before:D
  7. N

Had my Mk2 Pd rolling roaded today

Had the car rolling roaded today just to see what it was doing and to see if it was worth the expense of having a custom map done. Since I have had the car i have been spending my money on trying to get alot of the bad bits sorted, now it is alot better i can afford the map. I had no idea as to...
  8. N

Too much boost killing MAP sensor?

My mate has finished (well very nearly) rewiring my mk2 golf PD 130 and has come across a problem. Whilst driving it the engine light came back on and there is now no signal coming from the MAP sensor. Previously it had run the incorrect for engine MAP sensor and we had not seen a signal in...
  9. N

R783 reliability issues?

Spoke to a tuner yesterday and he said they do not use these anymore due to the reliability issues they have found.:confused: But i know they are wpretty popular on here so anyone had trouble with them?
  10. N

Help with my mk2 golf PD W/G turbo

Hi guys, hoping someone might have the answer or atleast some suggestions to the problem i have with my daily driver (or atleast used to be):( At the moment i have what seems to be a boost issue, where as the maximum boost i see is 5 psi no matter what the revs or load. It feels as though the...
  11. N

MAP sensor question

HI, I am having some trouble with my ASZ engined mk2 golf. Plugging it into VAGCOM points to the MAP as it is stuck at 900 odd whilst the other sensor readings are varying as i rev the engine. I have pulled out the MAP sensor and have borrowed another, but have found that mine is for the ALH and...
  12. N

spec satge 3 with 4 kg SMF

Been offered a brand new spec stage 3 clutch set up for the golf and the dual mass has been replaced with a SMF weighing approx 4kg, my question is, is this too light? I have read about the chatter these make:confused:
  13. N

vw motorsport mk3 tdi

love it........ http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/29369/VW_Golf_3_Racing_Kit_Car.html#SlideFrame_1
  14. N

Need to redo the pipe work on my mk2

I am about to redo the pipe work on my mk2, getting rid of the existing (sp?) pipework and intercooler that was fro a nissan pulsar gtir apparantly, so exits on the wrong side. I have ordered a new FMI that will be here shortly, but wonder what size pipework i should be fabricating it all out...
  15. N

UK Camshaft group buy?????

There seems to be alot of UK guys on here now, so wondering if there was enough of us interested in getting a group buy going on camshafts?:D
  16. N

Anyone used Spec Stage 2 + Clutch

Think my standard jobbie slipped today so think i need an uprated clutch, these any good?
  17. N

How much extra fuel with evry mod? Thinking N20

Just wondering if this would be a simple extra fuel source for a N2O setup? Anyone thought osf this before? Or am i on a totally wrong track?:D
  18. N

been on here for a while but never seen this

http://dieselinside.com/?p=6#more-6 :)
  19. N

white smoke under full throttle?

I was really disapointed with today. I went to a RWYB and had a stupid what i believe is overfuelling issue again. One of the guys that was watching said he saw black smoke then white smoke then black again. This happens sometimes on the road as well but i have never seen the white smoke before...
  20. N

Overfuelling before boost catches up?

HiGUys, hoping someone can try and point me in the right direction with an on going problem i have with my set up. Sometimes when i boot it away in 1st and 2nd i get what i presume is an overfuel as the car misfires briefly and gives a loud bang out the exhaust with alot of black smoke. This...