Search results

1. Herm TDI

Still driving my 2002 Golf TDI

She is nearing 300K and running strong as ever. I'll share my insights on the things I've done (in my opinion) that has greatly enhanced this car's reliability. 1. Delete the entire EGR system. People have asked how did this modification enhance reliability ? The #1 cause of piston ring sizing...
  2. Herm TDI

Turbo lag

Car info: 2002 Jetta GLS w/ 5 Sp manual trans DTC/s: none Here is the scenario: Installed a known low mileage engine with new (rebuilt oem) cylinder head. Installed a new Borg Warner VNT-15 turbo Replaced all vacuum hoses Installed a newly rebuilt 10MM injection pump (pump rebuilt by...
  3. Herm TDI

WTB: MK-4 Horn harness

I am in need of a MK-4 horn wiring harness . You can e-mail me: HLPASKER@Gmail.com
  4. Herm TDI

Build of a different color

Since my wife passed away last January I have been at an impass. I did grief counseling which did help . I was at apoint that I had to find a new start. I needed a "project" to take my mind in a new direction...a place where I could focus my mind and my abllities , I still own anddrive my 2002...
  5. Herm TDI

Rear Axle R&R

I'm in the planning stage for the replacement of the rear axle . Due to corrosion and fatigue the Right side "leg" of the axle has warped causing excessive tire wear. I've compiled a list of parts let me know if you know of any thing I've missed: Rear Axle 1J0-500-051-L Brake line clips...
  6. Herm TDI

Part # request: 5Q0 611 797 B

Car Info: 2002 Golf GL (4Dr) TDI 5Sp I need the part # for the REAR axle clips that secure the brake lines to the axel. Thanks in advance.
  7. Herm TDI

Survey Says ? ....

I'm doing a rear break job on my MK4 Golf. Of the inventory on-hand I have the following brands:
  8. Herm TDI

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ?

My old PC in the garage has at last expired. 😪 Served me well for several years. Now it's time to move on to something else. So without further ado here is my question. What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ? I don't need a 2K$ lap top to use primarily on my car. A used laptop it often plagued with...
  9. Herm TDI

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS

My old PC in the garage has at last expired. 😪 Served me well for several years. Now it's time to move on to something else. So without further ado here is my question. What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ? I don't need a 2K$ lap top to use primarily on my car. A used laptop it often plagued with...
  10. Herm TDI

It took me over a year to solve this MPG puzzle

Car Info: 2002 Golf GL TDI w/ 5-Sp manual Perf. Modifications: Stage 3 Tune w/ EGR delete 11 MM Inj Pump W/ PP 520 nozzles Stealth race pipe The Problem: About two years ago I noticed a steady drop in my MPG. I have no active DTC's I went through the usual checks. The static & dynamic timing...
  11. Herm TDI

Your favorite Mk-4 TDI Mods

What are your favorite ALH / MK4 mods ... Survey says ??? A day doesn't pass when I don't drive my MK-4 Golf. I love the glass headlight lens ... so clear The rear hatch auto-lock delete is always sweet ( I lock it when I need it) I hate having to use a key or the door switch just to open the...
  12. Herm TDI

Free to a Good Home

I'm in Maine. I have some A-3 (AHU /1Z) parts that I don't need or want. Mann air filters, oil filters, a ball joint or two.... water pump housing and other miscellaneous parts. I don't want to get into the hassle of shipping just come & get them. Also on hand: OEM factory injection pump...
  13. Herm TDI

Heater G/P connector FIX

Most A4 "ALH" owners are well aware of the problems with the heater GP connectors (melting). Here is a Fix: http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=136062&title=heater-gp-27s&cat=505
  14. Herm TDI

Free to a good Home

I have a pair of MK-4 NB front seats. These are Black cloth (not-valore). Both are in good condition. They will fit MK-4 Jetta / Golf. The only potential difference may be the air-bag connector which you may / might need to swap . I'm in Maine...come & get them.
  15. Herm TDI

I miss the ol'e days

I miss the ol'e days...the oil wars debates...Laminar flow arguments...tire pressure combats on this forum...no one argues anymore...whats up ??? Skypup , dieseldorf, Lug_Nut , n1das, Drivebiwire
  16. Herm TDI

WTB: Jetta Wagon rear springs

I'm looking for a pair (REAR) of MK-4 Jetta Wgn springs. A towing upgrade for a Golf. :)
  17. Herm TDI

Wow

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FAgrifanpagina%2Fvideos%2F1004787986566485%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="313" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"...
  18. Herm TDI

Help Request: Key Fob Fiasco

Car Info: 2000 Jetta TDI GL ( w/ 5-Sp Manual ) Problem: Owner bought car with only the valet key. The owner now has a new key W/Fob & new battery. The new key works (engine starts, no issues, no alarms). The problem: The new key fob will not communicate with the door locks or the trunk . The...
  19. Herm TDI

Cutting keys

Hello , Is anyone on the forum cutting keys for MK4's ? I have a friend that has the 4 digit code and has a new blank key w/ fob. He needs the key to be cut ...anyone here cutting keys ?
  20. Herm TDI

I only wish

https://www.facebook.com/finance.business.2/videos/1259903894156188/