Search results

1. kiwibru

Clunk while turning in reverse

How about axles bearings ? How old are they?
  2. kiwibru

Upgraded side mount

I think the key to better cooling with these is the vented fender liner. I run a Godspeed but modded it by tapping out and threading the hole for screwing in a drain valve in the low corner. Works great too and never had it blow out.
  3. kiwibru

Torque for bolts on Fluidampr ALH-TDI

Never thought of them as being a HP thingy. Sure smooths out the rotational vibrations though so worth it for that alone.
  4. kiwibru

2010 Tiguan TDI 4motion 6 speed manual FS in Florida

Photo link is 404, not found! Did you pull em off?
  5. kiwibru

GSP axles.

What about the GRC axles made in France? Sold as OEM but I have never heard of them before.
  6. kiwibru

rear LED bulbs

Also running the same deAuto LED bulbs. No problems now for the last eight years. Just use the OEM bulbs for turn signals and the Phillips long life bulb does the trick.
  7. kiwibru

Fluidampr for TDI

They have marketed the Fluidampr crank pulley for the MkIV TDI engines. If the pulley is the same on your 2006 (I have no idea if they are) it should work. I have one on our 2000 Golf TDI and another was installed on the 2003 Golf R-TDI that was later sold but is still on the road. Both...
  8. kiwibru

Trusted Mechanic in Burlington WA area

Thanks for the details, good to know of someone up north!
  9. kiwibru

Trusted Mechanic in Burlington WA area

There is a small shop north in Bellingham but I have forgotten the name! Or, you can go south and try Matthew at Zahntech in Redmond, they are super and knowledgeable.
  10. kiwibru

GotTuned turbo and injector review?

GTD1756VRK purchased from Gottuned over two years ago. Great turbo, runs circles around the 1722 I had previously. Kept the Bosio 502s' but had them cleaned up and tested just for sure. Run RC4 which is conservative for this setup but I know the boost point, the wife drives the lower end so...
  11. GTG Pix

GTG Pix

Various historical photos from PNW GTG
  12. 2013 Images

2013 Images

TDI mods, items and hacks for the year!
  13. kiwibru

Stop fueling with Propel HPR Diesel

You guys are lucky. Go even further north and it gets even harder to find. Washington state in particular is slowly loosing touch with sources.
  14. kiwibru

Old diesel fuel shelf life?

And was there any fuel stabilizer added to it before storage?
  15. kiwibru

TDI mechanic-Seattle

If you don't mind driving to Redmond Matthew at Zahntech is great.
  16. kiwibru

What turbo to buy?

Totally agree with Max on this. The newer turbos from these guys in Poland are sweet units and wow do they spin! You can't go wrong and an easy upgrade...but you might run it a bit before deciding if you need tune updating...
  17. kiwibru

glow plug light only stays on for 2 seconds

You can go in with VCDS software and reset the glow period to a longer sequence. You might also want to check the harness and the glow plugs to make sure you are getting the proper glow, no buggered plug or loss of voltage.
  18. kiwibru

Gtd1752vrk?

That is for sure. Sometimes you think you have beat it, then it rises up to clobber you on the head...whispers in the back of the brain...upgrade, upgrade, renew, renew...I sometimes think the car will out live me! Oh, and you are most welcome! Enjoy the process!
  19. kiwibru

Gtd1752vrk?

If you get Frank to do a head for you I recommend the porting along with the rebuild. It really helps with breathing / exhaust. Dual springs worth it too.
  20. kiwibru

Gtd1752vrk?

Yup. Got $500 for my 17/22. It only had about 57K miles on it so lots of life left but doggedly slow to spool compared to the new 1756.