Search results

1. Gonx

Replacing DMF without dropping trans

I got all the tools and a lift not worried about doing the job just questioning if it could be done that easy. Only thing I don’t have is a trans jack but I’m hoping a couple buddies and a carjack will do the trick. Did you remove your subframe to do yours?
  2. Gonx

Replacing DMF without dropping trans

Hello all, I have a new dmf on the way and am going to be replacing soon in my dsg. I assumed I was going to be dropping the trans like everyone does but I have seen a few people post on the forums that you can get to it without dropping the trans instead just kinda move it out of the way...
  3. Gonx

DMF Going - Questions

DO NOT SMF SWAP A DSG!! You will have a lot of problem very soon after
  4. Gonx

Increased Cranking Time When Starting

Do you light the glow plugs again when you go for it the second time. Will try it out. mine cranks for like 3 seconds at the max so it isnt horrible.
  5. Gonx

2010 Jetta DMF replacement

Lots of people have done it them selfs and if your even questioning doing it your self then you can do it. You got it. Its truly is just un bolting stuff and bolting it back together. Nothing to complicated. More or less just a big PITA and time consuming. I have not done mine yet but will be...
  6. Gonx

That's a very good question, Weird part is my car started fine all winter at 30F at -10F so for my glow plugs to be weak I do not understand why they worked fine all winter and are now just starting to have issues. I really do not think mine is a fueling issue. Also my fuel filter has 3k miles...
  7. Gonx

Yeah it also seems like there are alot more uneducated people on the FB groups sadly. :LOL: I need a DMF now... at 130k making noise since I got it in winter but now that its warming up no more noise but I know its on its way out. Just contacted Malone to see what they can do for me. 337k hope i...
  8. Gonx

Man I’m happy to see people still are responsive in the forums :). Gunna delete here soon and that idea crossed my mind “can malone make my glow plugs light ALL the time?” You answered that for me. I will be having them do this when I delete. And solve the problem. Sorry to here about the deer…...
  9. Gonx

Harder cold starts, stalling problem

Having the same problem around 60-70 degree outside temps. Did you ever solve this issue? or have some sort of solution?
  10. Gonx

Having the same problem around 60-70 degree outside temps. Did you ever solve this issue? or have some sort of solution?
  11. Gonx

Long Crank Times On First Start Of The Day

I know this has been talked about many many times but there never seems to be a resolution or anyone that has solved the issue. On the first start of the day or if its been sitting at work for 10 hrs and if the outside time is around 60-70 degree my car will crank for right around 3 seconds and...