2010 Jetta DMF replacement

nhraracer90

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Hello!! I have a 2010 Jetta with 267k miles on it and I have the DMF rattle. I know the transmission has to be removed to do the job and am asking if anyone here has done it themselves? I have a lift/transmission jack so that’s not a problem. I work in the automotive industry (collision repair) but have never had a DSG out before. Any input would be appreciated . Thanks!!

jimmyfine

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2010 JSW TDI, 2014 BMW 328D Wagon
I have removed a DSG on an A3 and the manual in my wagen, both were very similar and easy enough. Just make sure you have everything supported adequately and be aware that the transmission has to rotate to make the diff clear the subframe and other than that it is straight forward.

I also have a used automatic DMF from when I got my replacement engine due to HPFP failure. Approx 114,000 miles on it if you are interested. I will check the condition on my lunch and let you know if it is worth anything.

Gonx

TDI
2011 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI/DSG
Lots of people have done it them selfs and if your even questioning doing it your self then you can do it. You got it. Its truly is just un bolting stuff and bolting it back together. Nothing to complicated. More or less just a big PITA and time consuming. I have not done mine yet but will be here soon. Make sure you have an extra hand getting the dsg out and in, Iv heard they are pretty heavy. Parts are like $400 if you do it your self, If you go get quotes at shops I can almost guarantee they will all be over $1000. If you want a lifetime warranty on the DMF remember to buy from FCPeuro

jimmyfine

Veteran Member
TDI
I did check the DMF I have and it feels tight if you are interested in it, not looking for much more than shipping cost as I got it with a used engine so I really never had a use for it anyway.

nhraracer90

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
I did check the DMF I have and it feels tight if you are interested in it, not looking for much more than shipping cost as I got it with a used engine so I really never had a use for it anyway.
Okay I will let you know. I have a lift so I’ll probably take it out from underneath and just remove the subframe. I know I’ll need an engine bar for the top. Would the flywheel have anything to do with how the car shifts?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hello!! I have a 2010 Jetta with 267k miles on it and I have the DMF rattle. I know the transmission has to be removed to do the job and am asking if anyone here has done it themselves? I have a lift/transmission jack so that’s not a problem. I work in the automotive industry (collision repair) but have never had a DSG out before. Any input would be appreciated . Thanks!!
Well there about 200 lbs ... Other than that, it's not bad. Can do it in a day. Replace the dmf to crank bolts . And I'd replace your rear main while there

nhraracer90

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Well there about 200 lbs ... Other than that, it's not bad. Can do it in a day. Replace the dmf to crank bolts . And I'd replace your rear main while there
Okay. I have a lift and had planned on removing the subframe to do the job. I was going to definitely replace those bolts too

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Okay. I have a lift and had planned on removing the subframe to do the job. I was going to definitely replace those bolts too
Then you'll have to replavlce the subframe bolts and get an Allignment. It can be removed without subframe removal.

jimmyfine

Veteran Member
TDI
Apologies, normally check at work when then slow down. There isn't a need to remove the subframe really, it just adds a lot more work to the job. Once you have the transmission separated from the engine you can just move it around at that point without any major issues.

As for the shifting issues I do not know personally as I only have a manual with a DMF. When it starts acting up on me, changing mine soon too, it does feel odd in the clutch pedal.