Search results

1. 4

kw1281test: A Free VDS-Pro / VagTacho Alternative

If I remember, VCDS only has four or five preset values you can change to. None of these values goes in the right direction. I think they’re meant for smaller tires.
  2. 4

kw1281test: A Free VDS-Pro / VagTacho Alternative

I have oversized tires on my 2005 MK4 Jetta TDI 5-spd. Will this tool allow me to change the impulse number to get the speedometer and odometer closer to accurate? Currently its about 8-10 MPH under (according to GPS) but more importantly it under reports on the odometer. years ago I went down...
  3. 4

Disappearing coolant after sitting for a few days in sub-freezing temps, Frost Heater installed (BEW)

Frost heater has the spring clamps. The heater itself is relatively new. Installed just before winter. No signs of leaking anywhere in the engine area. Day two of driving into work and coolant in the reservoir is holding fine. Also no built up pressure when unscrewing the cap. I'm hoping it was...
  4. 4

Disappearing coolant after sitting for a few days in sub-freezing temps, Frost Heater installed (BEW)

We had a bit of a freak cold snap in my area over Christmas with over a foot of snow and sub freezing temps which lasted about a week. I decided to park the car in the driveway and plug the Frost Heater in which is on a 7hr/day timer (on at midnight/off at 7am). Car sat encapsulated in a block...
  5. 4

Any Scangauge users? Questions re; a couple settings

Sorry then for not posting in the proper category. I thought about it at first but didn't consider the Scangage a "diagnostic tool".
  6. 4

Any Scangauge users? Questions re; a couple settings

I just picked up a Scangage-II for my '05 wagon BEW, still on my first tank so its not yet calibrated. Question regarding a couple settings: Manifold and Boost pressure. There's an option to display MAP (manifold absolute pressure) or BST (boost). I switched it over to BST but how accurate...
  7. 4

Help me understand "tuning" options if I want better fuel economy.

No, my vent thingy is still in place. It is not removed like the video shows.
  8. 4

Hey Thanks for all the feedback (from both sides). To be clear, I never expected a Tune to be the secret sauce for better MPG's. I realize driving habits, terrain, etc is the main contributor. That said, I'm new to diesels & TDI's (not new to wrenching on my own things or researching things...
  9. 4

This question's been beaten to death I know, but I've been crawling these forums for about a month now and so many of the threads on this topic get derailed or hijacked so I figured I'd just phrase my own topic in the TDI 101. I have a 2005.1 Jetta Wagon BEW with 205k miles. The PO did an "egr...
  10. 4

Correcting for larger tires. Odometer lags by 10%

TL;DR Is there a way to add a correction factor to under-reporting odometers that lag by 10%? This question's been asked a lot I know, but hear me out. I have larger than stock tires which causes my speedometer needle to read 3 to 5 mph under actual speed and becomes LESS accurate the faster...
  11. 4

Help me understand the key programming process for a 2005.1 BEW Jetta wagon

This is great. I just read through their description. Seems like the best approach
  12. 4

Help me understand the key programming process for a 2005.1 BEW Jetta wagon

I've got one valet key and one original FOB key that's pretty beat up. I'd like to get another fob and keep the beater as a backup/replacement but after reading the Ross-Tech wiki it seems the programming process is not as straight forward as I thought it would be. Help me understand: From what...
  13. 4

jetta wagon

Rear: 2095 Front: 2095
  14. 4

Need help tracking down a buzzing rattle behind dash: 2005 MK4 jetta wagon [SOLVED]

Well it's with a bit of humility and reluctance that I come back for an update on the rattle. Bad news/ good news: The bad news is I drove around like this for several weeks on end, tearing my dash apart little by little trying to isolate the noise when really it was something super simple and...
  15. 4

Need help tracking down a buzzing rattle behind dash: 2005 MK4 jetta wagon [SOLVED]

That's a dust ball blowing from the heater air. Wicked good eye though!
  16. 4

I've managed to tear half the dash apart trying to find the source of this rattle (sounds like change in the ashtray). I'm NO closer to isolating it and I've had people drive along and feel under the dash to no avail. Here's another video with better sound. I was able to find a long stretch of...
  17. 4

Another driver's side water intrusion question.

I was able to gain access to the plenum chamber (thank god for the $10 wiper arm puller!). There was a bit of debris built up. I cleaned it out the best I could but should I be worried about a deteriorated gasket underneath the electrical passthrough cover? Some before and after:
  18. 4

Copy that. Thank you. I’ll check that area once I can remove my seized-on wiper blade arms.
  19. 4

Thanks for the reply. What/where exactly is the plenum chamber? Is this part of the gutter below the windshield and wipers or under the hood?
  20. 4

First time I noticed water pooling on the driver's floor mat was after I washed the car. Second time I noticed was the morning after a heavy rain earlier this week. Tore the kick panels out last night trying to find the leak and noticed the flimsy insulated-plastic tray that slides in under...