Search results

1. C

Update on Earlier Cooling Fans and Blinking Temp Redlight

Update on previous thread (Feb. 22.2023) regarding my cooling fans on 2003 Beetle TDI. Discovered the low speed was bad and repaired the resistors. DELAY due to Broken Leg on March 11 2023. They work now. Also the new Mahle RTS was defective and reinstalled the old one. Fans works as they...
  2. C

No cooling fan operation when temp light red on .

The 2003 Beetle TDI H/B (Mfg. 3/03) will activate the flashing RED light when prolonged Idling W/O a/c on in 50 degree weather. Both cooling fans. work well and run either Hi or Lo speed with A/C (cooling and R134 good) )in hot weather. Have replaced the thermostat,, temp sensor in flange...
  3. C

No low speed fan when KOEO,Man A/C on, But A/C cools and Fans cycle on-off when engine running

2003 Beetle TDI, A/T and Man A/C. Last summer the A/C worked and cooled good. Car never had overheat light on. Cked the fuse box on battery and noticed the 40 A strip burned so replaced it. Used A/C during last summer and could hear cooling fans running and cycling. Additional research...
  4. C

Left ext. door handle loose?

2003 Beetle H/B GL TDI. Left door handle becomes detached except for cable when pulled too hard when opening the door. The lock cylinder stays in the door but can be removed w/o loosing the T20 screw in jam. Have removed both the cylinder and the door handle completely but unable to...
  5. C

Eliminate Thermo Tee and fuel Filter Temporary for air leak?

2003 Beetle 1.9L ALH./ AT. Bought car with 186K miles, discovered a diesel leak in lower chamber of IP. Changed all fluids & filters and worn items. Replaced both Seals (O-rings) and reset IQ using VCDS Lite. Car ran great all summer. Changed fueling stations from (Al to Tn) and car began...
  6. C

How to install shift slider on automatic 01M shifter

Looked extensively for details but only found for later models plus the resources were sparse and missing critical details I found useful in successfully completing the Job. No reason to remove console. The details on removing the shift handle are covered well, Turn on key to RUN position, mash...
  7. C

11mm ALH Injection Pump question 2003 Beetle, 1.9L, A/T, TDI

Finished the pump head seal with DieselGeek Kit and instructions from their website. Have the Lines, etc, installed and primed pump with Aux. 12V.fuel pump (2003 Beetle) had none. Plan to start when help arrives. On the my pump head there are 4 major bolts (1 in each corner). The Bosch VE...
  8. C

VE Pump Head seal leak?

2003 Beetle 1.9L TDI runs starts and well, but has leak from what appears to be the Head Seal problem. When parked and not run for 4-5 days or longer, cranks but no start. After loosening #3 injector nut, a few air bubbles appear and it starts and runs well. This began occurring after changing...
  9. C

Long crank time after sitting 2-3 days, ALH

My 2003 Beetle TDI takes long time to start and run smoothly after sitting for 2-3 days. Fuel hoses good. No lift pump due to being 2003 model. Am I correct thinking the fuel is draining back thru filter? Possibly the Thermo-T Valve? Is this also a 1 way check valve? Should I add add...
  10. C

Where is Dif. fill (VSS sensor) on 03 Beetle TDI with 01M Trans?

Would someone please post or direct us to a link with photos of the location on the drivers side of engine of the VSS? We need to evacuate and refill the Dif with new fluid (3/4 qt.) We had the A/F housing removed and could see several items , but was not sure which one was the VSS. There...
  11. C

Need to Bleed return line on my ALH

We plan to replace the 2 copper crush washers on the return line Banjo fitting. Loosen and remove the fitting and replace the washers only. Due to the line and IP end being open, is there a need to bleed the IP thru the return line when complete or will the return line pas the air w/o any...
  12. C

Info needed on a ALH Inj. Pump Fuel Shutoff Solenoid & Crush Washer size

Need the (3) crush washer size ID for the return line Banjo Bolt and the thread size of the Fuel shut off solenoid stud where the electrical wire attaches so we and purchase new ones. Lost the original.
  13. C

Running well, then slowed and stopped.

2003 VW Beetle TDI (ALH) with A/T. Bought this as non running car after sitting for 2 years. Prior owner replaced upper and lower O-Rings in the IP (pump), but did not bleed it and lost interest since would not start. Car had 1/2 tank fuel at time. Changed the fuel filter, air filter, oil...