Search results

1. 33B

Oil pressure and vacuum problem sometimes

So I have a '87 Passat with 1.6 td. Sometimes when I start the engine the oil pressure light comes on and also no vacuum(stiff brake pedal). As soon as I rev it oil light goes away and I get vacuum (soft pedal) and no problems after that. Doesn't matter if engine is cold or hot. Does vacuum...
  2. 33B

Noise when idling

'87 1.6TD, I replaced flywheel, clutch plate, clutch pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw out bearing, along with a good used transmission. So now i have a grinding noise at idle if i bring up rpms by just a little bit it stops, or when i press down on the clutch pedal. As soon as you start...
  3. 33B

Passat B2 1987 1.6TD 51kw

So here is my Passat although not a TDI but close :D. It has been in our family for more than 20 years. It originally came with 1.6 td 51kw, but someone long time ago swapped it for a regular 1.6 diesel from I'm guessing golf mk1 (mechanical lifters). Some months ago I bought a 1.6 td 51kw...
  4. 33B

1.6TD 51kw 5speed manual transmission oil question

So I replaced the transmission on my Passat '87 and also changed the oil. I have drained all the oil and manual says that it takes 2.1 liters of oil. After pouring just 1liter it started coming out of the fill plug, and it seems its full. So am I missing something or? Oil is 75w90.