Passat B2 1987 1.6TD 51kw

33B

TDI
1.6TD 51kw Passat b2 '87; Touran 2.0 TDI PD 125kw '07
So here is my Passat although not a TDI but close :D. It has been in our family for more than 20 years. It originally came with 1.6 td 51kw, but someone long time ago swapped it for a regular 1.6 diesel from I'm guessing golf mk1 (mechanical lifters). Some months ago I bought a 1.6 td 51kw engine and transmission in almost new condition from the same car. I didn't swap engines because in my county engine number is also in the car papers and you need to do all kind of tests and pay a lot of stuff for nothing.
So I turboed my NA diesel, and left the TD engine for parts or if I blow this one up ill swap it then.
I've also done the complete interior, exterior from body work to paint, some electrical mods, central locking remote lock, brake lights upgrade, fog lights wiring switches and so on. Basically there isn't a part on this car I didn't touch. (Pictures are a month or two old, exterior is a bit different now, not by much)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Awesome! They called those 'Quantum' here, I had an '84 with the 1.6L turbodiesel. It was a great car, which I would have kept it.

Reactions: 33B

33B

TDI
1.6TD 51kw Passat b2 '87; Touran 2.0 TDI PD 125kw '07
Awesome! They called those 'Quantum' here, I had an '84 with the 1.6L turbodiesel. It was a great car, which I would have kept it.
Funny thing they were made in china until 2012 under the name Santana, which is also used I think in south america. They are made on the Audi 80 b2 platform or for you guys in USA Audi 4000.