Search results

1. D

Mk4 tdi , wondering about smf parts ?

I'm manual swapping my 2000 golf tdi and I'm looking to upgrade to a smf . I'm wondering if a 1990 g60 flywheel with a 2000 vr6 clutch will work ? Is this the original conversion or is it an older vr6 clutch ? I know I can buy kits but I get good discounts at my local parts stores so if I can...
  2. D

Mk4 jetta motor and trans out the bottom or front ?

I know its super easy to pull the engine and trans as one out the front as I just pulled my good motor that way this morning but I don't want to drain the ac refrigerant if I don't have to . I do have a full hoist to lift the car and a engine picker so lifting the car isn't an issue for me ...
  3. D

Mk4 Cold compression numbers ?

2003 jetta tdi manual with an ALH motor . Trying to diagnose why my motor won't start after a runaway (bellowing smoke if it does) I am reading that to do a compression test the engine has to be warm at operating temp (80 °C ) . But my problem is its 6°C here and the motor wont fire and run...
  4. D

No power with front clip removed ?

I have a mk4 golf tdi parts car . The car was running and I haven't don't much to it other then remove the front clip (rad support, headlights, bumper all of it ) The motor and everything is plugged in except the three connectors under the battery tray going to the front rad support for the...
  5. D

Need help after runaway !!!!

Long story short I have a mk4 tdi I just bought for cheap due to a bent clutch fork . The car has been extreamly well maintained and has 345, egr delete , stage 1.5 tune, and 3 pot guage (boost, ext temp, oil pressure) I just put a clutch in it and had the car running perfectly , rolled it...