Search results

1. Daves TDI

What injection pumps fit

Yes I put light down there and felt below the plate. Definitely dripping from there.
  2. Daves TDI

What injection pumps fit

I have that kit but do not see the gasket for that back plate. It is almost a diamond shape but instead of points the ends are rounded I guess you could say oval shaped with two torx bolts. I will try to get a pic of it. When I say back of the pump if you are looking at pump towad the block.
  3. Daves TDI

What injection pumps fit

Great news!. Not seal behind Pulley. The diamond shaped plate on back side of the pump has a drip. Anyone know what size Tourx bit it is and where to get gasket?
  4. Daves TDI

What injection pumps fit

Pretty sure seal behind pulley is leaking. Car still runs great. What Years and which vehicles have 1Zs?
  5. Daves TDI

What injection pumps fit

I have a 1998 Jetta AHU. I need an injection pump, Which pumps swap over. Will an AHL pump work?
  6. Daves TDI

Back seat release

The buttons or what ever you wann a call them broke on my rear seat the ones that release the rear seat into the trunk. Any tricks to get them to release?
  7. Daves TDI

Odd braking problem

I have now flushed brake system 3 times with a power bleeder. There is no air in the system and no leaks to be found. Still have the problem every once in a while where the brake pedal sinks to floor until i pump it. Some times when i pump it it goes soft again like fluid is leaking around the...
  8. Daves TDI

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Three days ago a Pilot station was at $2.39. I looked yesterday and it was $2.49 even befor they knew refineries were in path of Hurricane.
  9. Daves TDI

Banjo fitting washer size

4 hours. Or less then a half a tank of fuel away.? Got 43 mpg off first tank I used since buying car last week. Mostly highway driving.
  10. Daves TDI

I did get silicone lines. Thanks for educating me on the proper terms of those lines. Replacing Banjo washers to make sure everything has the proper seal, I can move that fitting by hand even though the bolt is tight.
  11. Daves TDI

Doing vac lines on my 98 jetta and want to replace the copper crush washers on the Banjo fitting on the air cleaner to Turbo inlet tube. Anyone know what size washers it takes?
  12. Daves TDI

Odd braking problem

I did look under the car where trans meets engine, no leaks there and no loss of fluid from reservoir. The fluid is dark and nasty so as soon as I get power bleeder going to do a good flush.
  13. Daves TDI

Odd braking problem

Thank you Mongler98, I am going to order one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSD8ZPS/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 As for the vacuum check if all lines and connections are good what would cause vacuum loss? I had brake boosters go bad but always got a really...
  14. Daves TDI

Odd braking problem

This has happened a few times now. I brake and push clutch in to downshift then almost lose all braking power. Today it did that and clutch stuck on floor then had no clutch until I pulled It back up. I checked the vac line to booster it is fine with no cracks. I checked fluid it is full...
  15. Daves TDI

Need advice.

No oil in N75. I had the lines off and did look for oil. Now I have noticed air coming in through clear intake Hose. Filter is getting changed so I will put new Oring on Mickey mouse to see if that stops it. Also going to do vac lines and Injector return tubes. I read a ton of threads on the air...
  16. Daves TDI

Need advice.

Only hear turbo at high rpms in neutral like 4000rpms. Took it on 50 mile trip today and it ran great. Also took it to Mech and his reader only came up with EGR which has delete kit so expected code and P1562. It lopes at idle and low RPMs.The electrical connector is clean with no corrosion so I...
  17. Daves TDI

Need advice.

Up date. I put that Vacuum line on the inter cooler pipe that broke off and took it for a run. Has lots of power now and when in neutral I can hear turbo spool when I hit fuel pedal. Now to get p1550 taken care of and put it on the road.:D:D
  18. Daves TDI

Need advice.

Turbo Box says Stigan. Compressor side is very clean from what I can see. No play or wobble in shaft and does not move much when you pull and push on shaft. Excuse my ignorance but where is the boost pipe. This is my first Turbo car so it will be a learning experience for me. I am taking it to...
  19. Daves TDI

Need advice.

1997 jetta TDI 1.9, I got it for $450 bucks because owner thought it needed another Turbo even though he replaced it with a new one at 94 k. Has 135k on it now. I know it is a new turbo because he gave me the box and the old unit. This is what he said happened. He was cruising at 70mph on...
  20. Daves TDI

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

New from West Virginia. Hello my name is Dave I am new to the TDIs . I just bought a 1998 Jetta with 134k on it, Very well maintained with paper work to prove it. I got it for $450 bucks because owner thought it needed another Turbo even though he replaced it with a new one at 94 k.