Search results

1. D

ECU reprogram needed after EGR delete?

Hi, looking at deleting my egr (complete delete) since I'm taking off the entire EGR system to take of the cylinder head, I'm planning on using this kit. I know that deleting the EGR will cause a CEL becuase the ECU wont pickup the EGR system or valve but after doing some research I found that...
  2. D

Blown Head Gasket?

I have discovered that my passanger carpets are soked (right hand drive no sunroof) I took at the carpet and the insulation and underlay was soked. So after spending about an hour with a hairdryer drying the insulation, underlay and carpets I did some research on what could lead to my carpets...
  3. D

A/C drain valve outlet location??

After spending about an hour looking for the darn thing all underneath the car and where it supposedly is on the firewall but to no avail. I know the valve is clogged, so does anyone know where the outlet is for it? I was using this guide: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3238949 but...
  4. D

Anyone able to code a Canbus Gateway

I'm looking at getting a RCD330 head unit for my 2004 Golf because my current radios screen is faded and I thought I might as well get an upgrade. After doing some research I know that I need a newer Canbus gateway to avoid battery drain. So would anyone be able to code a Canbus gateway for me?
  5. D

Fuchs vs Liqui Moly

I have narrowed down my choice of oil for my first oil change down to Fuchs Titan GT and Liqui Moly 4100. Both are 5w40 and 505 01 spec. These are the only 2 5w40 505 01 oil I can easily get where I live. Just looking for some input on the differences between the two brands.
  6. D

Anyone used Liqui Moly 4100 5w40 oil

On the hunt for some 5w40 505 01 oil and I was wondering if anyone recommends or has some advice about Liqui Moly Top Tec 4100 oil. Any other oil recommendation are more than welcome.
  7. D

Fuel economy to good?

Currently im getting 5.0L/100km from mostly town driving from a 2004 Golf 2.0 TDI (205 000km) even though VW specifies a combined fuel economy of 5.5L/100km.
  8. D

Another engine oil thread!

Hi all, I bought a 2004 Golf 2.0 TDI (BKD) a few days ago and im planning to do a full service, after referring to the manual I know that I'm after 505 01 oil but after doing some looking at local auto shops I was unable to find any. After doing some research I found that 507 00 oil is the...