Search results

1. F

2011 Jetta TDI - heavy white/gray smoke heavy diesel smell

I just bought this car recently; the mechanic of the person I bought it from said the turbo needed to be replaced due to the smoke, but after having this car for a few days, I'm thinking injector seal or injector issues. The smoke is heavy from idle and during acceleration, gray/white and smells...
  2. F

New JSW - compression and turbo questions

Hi all, I just got an 11 JSW tdi with a few issues. I've searched and struggle to find a compression adapter to fit into the gp holes of my CJAA. Not much help with search. I have the HF diesel comp kit and it obviously doesn't have the correct adapter. What are your guys using to check your...
  3. F

BRM Pd140 turbo does this need tuned, is it normal or are there other issues?

I bought this 06 jetta tdi BRM with a Garrett PD140, stage 1 Malone tune, stock cam, injectors, intake and exhaust. The turbo is making some noise under load, with what I believe is the waste gate actuation. Is this normal or does it need tuned. I have ordered a boost gauge to help u...
  4. F

Torque spec - injector rocker stretch bolts

Hi all, I've found several specs online for the BRM injector rocker bolt torques - however most seem to be geared toward the reusable non-stretch bolts. Can someone confirm the torque specs for new, oem stretch bolts for the injector rocker? Thanks!
  5. F

BRM injector rocker bolt broke

I was fully expecting to replace the cam and lifters, but I found one of the injection rocker bolt heads snapped off. I'm hoping this is the loud top end sound I'm hearing. Cam was replaced at 180k miles by PO (odo currently at 230k). I found the broken bolt head in the cam bearing cap hole...
  6. F

What is this silver cylinder on my BRM?

Hi, what is the silver cylinder (with oil dripping in my pic) just below the turbo on the firewall side of the engine? Thanks! 2006 Jetta tdi Pic was too big, so I just attached a link. http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rjP7Zb1DXdMhHCh2flr-7OPNI8doIPts