Search results

1. P

'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

Cheers, thanks! They do need to be dismantled to removed #6 though. The struts shouldn't be under much tension iirc. When I dismantled mine I just took the nut off with an impact and the spring basically fell off, didn't shoot anywhere or need a spring compressor. Yeah 6 is NLA everywhere in...
  2. P

Etka is giving me 3A0973131 for the engine side, and 3A0973103 for the chassis sid No worries. Might just order a set from Latvia or something. For some reason I thought the sedans had an easier time of accessing the rear struts but I just looked it up and it seems just as annoying as the...
  3. P

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Wait B4s came with stock rear sway bars? I've never heard of/seen that before lol
  4. P

Instrument Cluster issues after rebuild

There's a local u-pick yard near me that has an AHU A3 I could probably cut the connector off, if it's still there. Only thing is they're in an area that was completely flooded a few weeks ago, not sure if they're accessible or not atm...
  5. P

ETKA is giving me 3A0973131 for the engine side, and 3A0973103 for the chassis side. ECS shows both available, at $170 total. You could probably buy a complete harness for that price lol. Try messaging tdc_shop on Instagram, he does a lot of VW swap harnesses and might have a spare plug...
  6. P

Are the rubber spacers on the rear struts still there? I threw my originals out when I switched to coilovers but need them now as I'm going to Bilstein HDs
  7. P

Yeah if you're not familiar with how it unlocks you can really butcher it... This is the one off a mk3 VR, it looks like it has a lot more pins than my AHU but I could be wrong
  8. received_435244524866375.jpeg

received_435244524866375.jpeg

9. P

If youre replacing the orb of death, definitely invest in a set of $10 depinning tools from Amazon or something. Makes the job a lot easier when you don't have to mess with picks and paper clips lol I believe the connector is the same on all MK3s, just different pinouts. I have an OBD2 VR I...
  10. P

Myriad issues on my car

That might point to play in the inner race/bearing, which as you mentioned requires a full tear down to access. I would install a new outer bearing as theyre cheap and take a few min to install. Check the shaft play with the new bearing and seal installed and go from there
  11. P

Installed new injector pump

Ah I thought he meant he primed it when he mentioned he was getting fuel out of the lines, my bad. Ive actually had both situations after installing a new pump. I've had a car start without cracking the lines and just pulling a vacuum on the return line, and I've also had a car start by just...
  12. P

He mentioned he was getting fuel out of the lines so the pump is primed. Must be a timing or compression issue. Is your glow plug circuit all good? It's cold enough right now that faulty glow plugs combined with slightly off pump timing can cause a no start. You could also try adjusting the QA...
  13. P

Do you hear a click from the pump when you turn the key to on? The QA arm should make a noise. Does the glow plug light illuminate? Could be a bad 109 relay. Pump timing could also be a mile out. My timing was super retarded and my car had a terrible time cold starting when I first put it back...
  14. P

Myriad issues on my car

The motor came from a donor A3 so it had to come out regardless. Yeah I think that's the only way to do it with the motor in the car, the shaft basically goes right into the frame rail as it sits normally. AHUs are pretty easy to pull, not many things to disconnect.
  15. P

Replacement Turbo for 1Z

If the wastegate itself is stuck you could try spraying something in to loosen up the carbon/lube it. Apply pressure to the actuator first though to verify that its moving, cause thats a $30 fix as stated above. Otherwise your only bolt on options are Kermas K03/K04 upgrade, a new/used K03 or...
  16. P

Myriad issues on my car

Intermediate shaft bearing is what killed the original motor in my B4 a few days after I bought it lol. It was the first thing I replaced on the donor AHU I swapped in. Cheap insurance, especially if you already have it apart. It's a ***** to do otherwise
  17. P

If its not too late, would it happen to have the stock struts still? I'm missing the rear rubber spacers that go between the spring and the top plate, amongst some other hardware as well
  18. P

AHU turbo upgrade

I think theres truth to both statements. For bolt on, the Kerma hybrid was the only option for AHUs for a looong time, until Xman showed up a few years ago. But I've also read multiple accounts that the Kerma unit is only a marginal improvement... I do have a K24 from a 1.6TD laying around that...
  19. P

AHU turbo upgrade

Malone has agreed to give me a complimentary tune adjustment from stage 3 to stage 2 so I'll see if that helps. Otherwise probably going to pull the plug on the Xman unit, I've been eyeing it for a while now. Haven't seen any negative reviews on his other stuff so should be decent.
  20. P

I need to start using VAG COM for the first time... Need time tips

I've had my B4 for about 5 years now and have been able to do everything I need with a $10 ebay cable and VCDS lite. These early OBD2 cars don't have that many modules to begin with anyways so VCDS Lite should suffice for most if not all your needs