Search results

1. D

How to lock car and leave running

Thanks all for the responses. I think I like the Group 09 suggestion as removing the handle and using the key is a pain. Ill try that later today. Dean
  2. D

How to lock car and leave running

Hello all, I did a couple searches and didn't seem to find a how to... and apologize if I missed the link. I have a 2015 Golf TDi that is not keyless. I have a cut key. I would like to lock the car while it is running so I can leave the air conditioning going while I run into the store...
  3. D

Part Question - Rack and Pinion

Hello all, Thanks for the help, in advance. I need a rack and Pinion for my 2000 golf tdi and the vw part number is iJ1422075Ex. When I search for internet parts, I do not find references to this part number? And, many of the sites that sell the supposed part talk about "Variable Ratio...
  4. D

best replacement battery?

I have been getting Interstate "Blems" for many years. And, I get a larger than necessary size. The cost varies, but the last ones I got at the outlet in Norfolk, VA were about $55.00 per battery.
  5. D

key opens door but does not turn off alarm

After looking up alarm issues I discovered I should have done some research before posting... It looks like there are some good posts on fixing the switches and solder joints that frequently fail on the door lock modules...
  6. D

key opens door but does not turn off alarm

Shucks.... for a while my key has not opened the door automatically, but the key would open the door and deactivate the alarm. This afternoon, the key opened the door, but when I opened the back door the alarm sounded and using the key in the door or the ignition did not deactivate the alarm...
  7. D

Brake Question - How to remove washers on the intake line?

Thanks Gerrywac and macombi. I took the offending bolt off last night to clean and it had a small residue that I removed, reattached, and seems to have solved the leak issue. we shall see. I did see the lines from ECS and if I need to replace, will use those as I may replace the washers...
  8. D

Rear Brake Line Question

Well... I probably should be a little embarrassed.... the garbled lines are the hand brake lines. I ordered new ones and removed the old ones tonight. I also replace the calipers. I am wondering?? should I lube the pins or trust that the rebuilt ones were done correctly?
  9. D

Brake Question - How to remove washers on the intake line?

I replaced my calipers and they came with new copper washers, but I couldn't get the old washers off the top and bottom of the bolt that fastens the line to the caliper. Is there a trick to getting them off? They look to be the original aluminum washers. One of the lines is leaking slightly...
  10. D

Rear Brake Line Question

Thanks Millerman61... I have the metalnerd tool and have done this a few times... the pads..that is. Mystery solved. It turns out the pins on the right side were frozen in. I am not sure how that happened as the boots are good... but... it is what it is. I ordered a new mounting...
  11. D

Rear Brake Line Question

Hello all, Time for maintenance again. I noticed the right rear pads were very worn versus the left side. The tire folks suggested a stuck caliper. When I talked with the parts store, the guy asked if the brake lines were cracked or torn. I looked at them, and both sides have the outer...
  12. D

How to get Passat rims on Golf TDI

Ok... I inherited some nice Passat alloy rims that I would like to use on my Golf. But it looks like they are a bolt pattern of 112 versus the 100 needed for the Golf. So.... I need some advice on if it is possible to adapt the rims to the car? I was wondering if I could replace the hubs and...
  13. D

Air Conditioner Stopped then started

I do not know if this is a contributor to the problem... but I am pretty sure my temp sensor is not working correctly. Would/could this keep the fans from running?
  14. D

After examining the fuse holders above the battery, the left most 30A fuse was burnt and the holder looked a little melted as well. I cleaned the fuse, but was not really able to get into the female holder part to clean it... so I ordered a new holder from autohaus for $33. After cleaning the...
  15. D

sigh... ok... when it says to check voltage across a fuse... sorry if this sounds ignorant.. but I guess I am :)... I take the fuse out, put the voltage meter with red on one side and black on the other? Should the car be running or just switch turned on?
  16. D

update: thermoswitch disconnected and fans are still running. Am I now going to have to follow the guide about electrical debugging? I checked fuse 25... it is not broken.
  17. D

too bad I am not closer for your GTG.
  18. D

Thanks... this is sounding complicated to figure out. while I am trying to trace the electrical, will it cause any damage to drive the car, with the fans running on high?
  19. D

Let me walk through the steps so far: - problem started with no AC and neither fan running when ignition on engine not runnung, ac switch lit and and fan on 1 - removed connections from fcm to fans - tested each fan on low and high with 12 volts and both fans operated at low and high - replaced...
  20. D

Well... I disconnected the high pressure switch... at least I think that is what it is... it is next to the firewall, passenger side, next to an a/c valve. It has three connectors inside. The fans are still running when the ignition is on but motor is not running. AC is off and inside fan...