Search results

1. B

Slow retracting seat belts

I definitely agree, sometimes a good washing helps, but for one of my rear ones, I sent it out to be "rebuilt", there are a few sellers on eBay that do it. I mailed them mine. I am going to send out the other side, as now in comparison, the one that was not rebuilt seems slow now also. I am...
  2. B

Missing inner window guide?

Anyone have a photo or know if this guide in this diagram should be inside the door itself towards rear of vehicle (at B pillar) for when window is DOWN, or is this guide for above the door and along the window when window is up? If it's for the A pillar area, anyone know of any guide that...
  3. B

tow bar flat towing ideas

I know this is super old thread but I saw that you are still active on here so thought I would give this a shot. I am also thinking of making our B4 wagon our toad but the only tow bar plate I found is Roadmaster 1219-1 at $400. Did you have luck fabricating something?
  4. B

Toe Spec

Awesome thanks, was able to toe in a bit more and now it feels a lot better!
  5. B

Toe Spec

Does anyone have the toe spec for a 96 b4 wagon? Toe zeroed out isn't it, I believe they're supposed to be a few degrees in? I've got camber at zero.
  6. B

No crank issue

Test battery as easiest test, these pull a lot of amps for glow plugs then cold start. Next is test the glow plugs and their circuit. Low battery and lazy glow plugs are any diesel's sweet spot for no start Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  7. B

'96 TDI is running too cold

You may also be able to see if a pending fault and freeze frame showing a crazy reading for ECT Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  8. B

'96 TDI is running too cold

A quickie check is your top radiator hose vs bottom to see if thermostat stuck open. Should show great difference during cold start then even out if thermostat opens. If you begin fairly even then may be stuck open. If you don't have a temp gun you can use hand touch but of course be careful...
  9. B

Base Plates to Flat Tow 96/97 Passat

I know this is years old but did OP or anyone else find a solution to this?
  10. B

1997 B4 Passat TDI Sedan Part Out

Will you ship the bumper lights, though? Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  11. B

[emoji24] Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  12. B

And front door glass Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  13. B

Where are you? I need bumper and corner lights and mirror switch and e brake boot Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  14. B

96 passat sedan receiver hitch

Is this to mount on front to tow vehicle ( behind a camper for example) or to mount on rear of vehicle Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  15. B

wanted: driver side lense assy B4

Looking for the stock amber driver side lense assembly for 96 passat. Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  16. B

Saying Goodbye to my B4

This makes me so sad! Around here (NJ/NY/PA) the pricing is all over the place, I'm always looking for them to flip Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  17. B

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

[emoji76][emoji76] wow Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. B

Strut tops

They were rusted out :( one tower folded in on itself Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  19. B

Does anyone still daily drive an AHU

The engines never seem to quit, but I do find myself replacing suspension parts a lot. They're finally fixing some of the roads, but parts of 78 and route 9 are like swiss cheese half the year [emoji35] Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  20. B

Strut tops

It sounds like there is play at the top, but when I disassemble it I don't see any rub marks where anything isn't staying where it should. Going to use chassis ears later, maybe I'm chasing the wrong noise Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk