Search results

1. mikey141414

2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Automatic $2000 Kansas City

Hi! I am selling my wife's Automatic Jetta. It is a turbo diesel and gets amazing MPG! She usually averages in the 40 range, but with proper driving habits, it could get up in the 50 range for sure. Reason for selling is she slipped on some ice a few weeks ago and hit the divider wall on I-35...
  2. mikey141414

2000 Jetta TDI Fast!!

Hello, I am selling my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. It is a diesel and therefore gets great gas mileage. It is rated at around 50, but I see a realistic 40 with my daily driving from OP to Downtown. I have a new daughter coming in 18 days, so I am looking to get into an SUV. I would totally keep...
  3. mikey141414

FS/FT 2000 Jetta 260K Wichita, KS $5000

Hello! I am letting my baby go because I got a new baby. My wife and I just had a baby girl on the 27 of Feb named Audrey Rose. She is a little chunker, so I have to get a larger car. Imagine my surprise when I tried to get an infant car seat into the back of my Jetta! I am wanting to get $5000...
  4. mikey141414

Eurotech in Wichita, KS

hey everyone, i just wanted to give some props to Chad at Eurotech in Wichita, KS. I had him fix my wife's A/C last week and I just wanted to let everyone know that I am very happy with his service. He works out of his garage which I have found that the best TDI mechanics do! He was fast and...
  5. mikey141414

A/C trouble. High side vibration. Intermittent H/C

i have the worst luck with A/C. i had some crazy woes with my wife's car last summer ( see thread "Nightmare on A/C repair street). So now, wife's car does an intermittent cold/hot cycle and the high side line vibrates. Does this sound like anything specific to anyone? Are there any good A/C...
  6. mikey141414

$3.38 diesel in wichita!!

Dillons store at 13th and West didn't enter their prices in right and you can get diesel at 3.389 instead of 3.89. I used my dillons discount and got it for 3.08!!!
  7. mikey141414

Turning Rotors in Wichita, KS?

I'm looking for a shop that will turn my rotors here in Wichita. Anyone had it done that can recommend a good shop? And about how much does it cost? Thanks, Mikey
  8. mikey141414

auto/manual pump switcheroo

I have been looking for an 11mm pump for a long time now. But, I just realized last night, that I already own an 11mm pump! It just happens to currently be on my wife's automatic... She has .184 injectors and the 11mm pump. I have PP520(.205) and the 10mm pump. How much performance loss would I...
  9. mikey141414

Single DIN stereo removal video

I made a quick video on how to remove your head unit. Enjoy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibM-VGbTIS8
  10. mikey141414

99-05 window / lock door switch $40

Hello~ I have been tracking down some electrical problems in my Jetta lately and finally figured it out, but in the process, I bought this switch off the forums and don't need it. It works perfect and has only small signs of wear. Mostly dust. $40 plus shipping or i am in search of an ALH...
  11. mikey141414

Mexican Jettas

Hey everyone~ I forgot to post these pics I took a year ago when I was in Guadalajara, Mexico. Is this an aftermarket thing? Or is this even a Jetta? I really like the front and the rear.
  12. mikey141414

Nightmare on A/C repair street

Oh - MY - GOD!! I am so pissed right now!! So, A/C went out the day we moved down here to Wichita. I contacted this VW place here in town called ED Jones VW Specialties. They charged me 1 hour ($69) to diagnose that the compressor was rusted out. They were not able to get an A/C kit within a...
  13. mikey141414

OEM Bumper Lights MK4 Jetta $20 OBO

Hello~ I have for sale a set of OEM bumper lights. They have no cracks and the bulb retainers are not burnt in any way. One of them has a wear spot on the lens, but you really have to hold it to the light just right to see it. $20 for the pair. or make me an offer. Shipping is from 66205
  14. mikey141414

FS: Stock shift linkage $20

Hello~ I just upgraded to the Audi TT short throw and no longer need my stock one. PM me if you are interested. $20 OBO + shipping from 66205 Mikey141414
  15. mikey141414

DCOTC#11 --Feeler/GTG Kansas City, KS

Hey all! The weather is crap, economy is crap, and I'm getting tired of curling on every day on the TV. Let's have a GTG!!! This will make DCOTC #11. (Or Dead Center of the Country) Average attendance is between 15 and 30 at a nicely equipped shop in Kansas City, KS. 8334 Ruby, Kansas City, KS...
  16. mikey141414

WTB: trunk lid 99.5-05

Hello~ I am looking for a trunk lid for my 2000 Jetta. Mine is black and I would prefer black, but I am not really particular. I am in Kansas City 66205 and would prefer local ickup, but I can drive a ways because I have a car that gets great mileage! I am also fine with shipping, but would have...
  17. mikey141414

quicker warm up=more electronics on??

Hi all~ I have heard many times before that a TDI will not "warm up" at idle as a gas engine does. Therefore, to be able to get the car to warm up the fastest in the morning, you must turn on the block heater a few hours before you leave and turn on as many accessories as you can. SO, I always...
  18. mikey141414

Injector questions in KC

Hey all in KC. I am looking for a local place to get injectors pop tested, cleaning, balancing. I was going to send them to Kerma, but I would love to get a quicker turn around time. Also,, should nozzles be swapped every 100K miles, with the cam belt? The TDI injectors are two stage, so it's...
  19. mikey141414

Mikey141414's new 2000 Jetta!!!

Hello all my KC TDI friends!! I hope everyone is fairing well so far this winter. My silver 2003 AT Jetta has created a small knock list of items to be fixed: Front brakes front bumper Drivers window clips/regulator/ motor/??? glow plug replacement. (old wheels) So, with a list of things to...
  20. mikey141414

DCOTC #10 Kansas City, KS

ATTENTION!!!: Due to Mikey's work schedule getting in the way, the GTG has been moved to the weekend of October 10 and 11. Hey everyone~ It is that time again!! We are looking at the weekend of October 3-4. DCOTC #9 looks like it will be a non-wrenching, social event, so this will make it #10...